Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favourite songs?

spas-ticShotty

My favourite songs change daily.

My favourite vocals at the moment are Gently Gently by Christopher Smith (the lyrics are on my profile and you can look it up on YT-beautiful video), Lullaby of a Princess by Christina Larson and ponyphonic, and Go Outside by Cults (the video is supposed to be set in Jonestown and has actual footage. It's vey well done but heartbreaking.)

My favourite instrumentals are Sho's Lament by Cecil Corbel and Joe Hiasashi from the Secret World of Arrietty soundtrack (the vocal is nice too) and Laputa's Theme by Joe Hiasaishi. Dat oboe.

Edited by PinkieDaShy

"I just wanted to tell you that the hardest thing I've faced Wasn't the teasing or the pain It was convincing myself I wasn't stupid, strange, or lame And helping others do the same."

Reading that made me almost start to cry.  I started tearing up.  Sometimes, I try to convice myself of the same, and it can be hard.   But, this song is helping.  Thanks for posting it. 

• Brohoof 1

At first I thought this topic was 'what is your favourite MLP song, and I would have said Babs Seed or At the Gala :D

But I have a fair few real favourite songs, they swap and change from time to time.

My absolute fave at the moment is You Set Me Free by Michelle Branch - I totally fell in love with this song the first time I heard it on the Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron trailer.

Speaking of Spirit, another fave is the soundtrack Here I Am, sung by Bryan Adams; that song just has a special place in my heart.

I also can't get over the amazing guitar rif's of the song Learning To Fly by Tom Petty (old song, I know xD), to me that song is beautiful, never gets old.

Finally, I will admit that I only like this song after I discovered Ashleigh Ball (voice of RD and AJ) was a singer, and that song is Big Blue Wave, by Hey Ocean!.

Told ya I had a fair few ;) Of course, I would totally recommend listening to any of these, I absolutely adore all of them, but of course, everyone's opinion differs in music, as I've listened to a few of the videos linked in this topic, saying they were amazing, but they really haven't got to me at all xD so yeah, have a listen to any of these if you want to, maybe you'll fall in love, just like I did. That's purely how I found them: YouTube :P

EDIT: I've noticed that nopony's said their favourite songs are any crappy new songs you get nowadays - none of those One Direction goons - just shows that we Bronies and Pegasisters are awesome, right? :)

how many times have i plugged this song now?   I am going to plug it again.  because  it is the most inspiring and most uplifting song I have ever heard.   This is a song to listen to if you ever need to be socked in the feels.  but it is also a song to listen to if you are feeling ostracized for watching a show made for 'little girls'   Actually technically it's not even just confined to MLP  it's for life in general.   the inspiration for this song is included in the video.  so please give it a watch :D  you won't regret it. 

This part usually gets me the most

"I just wanted to tell you that the hardest thing I've faced
Wasn't the teasing or the pain
It was convincing myself I wasn't stupid, strange, or lame
And helping others do the same."

:(

Ohmygosh, this has changed my opinion on Bronies quite a bit. I wish it to be the same for us Pegasisters to, but I think it's not so bad for females. so I guess this song is just aimed at males.

Thank you ;')

Edited by Appledashforever
  • Brohoof 1

Ohmygosh, this has changed my opinion on Bronies quite a bit. I wish it to be the same for us Pegasisters to, but I think it's not so bad for females. so I guess this song is just aimed at males.

Thank you ;')

I wouldn't say the song is aimed at males.  I would say it's  for anyone who feels  like  they're treated badly because they're different. 

I wouldn't say the song is aimed at males.  I would say it's  for anyone who feels  like  they're treated badly because they're different. 

Yeah I agree, but my point was, Bronies are the biggest thing in the fandom, because of who they are. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but MLP was originally aimed at young females, I guess, so maybe it's not so bad for Pegasisters. Just the fact that no one who has seen FiM will not understand it's awesomazingness and just thinks that as soon as they heard the words 'My Little Pony', they think 'babyish'. I'm not going to go into much detail, however, because I'm sure there is a far better place to discuss this.

Edited by Appledashforever
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite song has changed many times but right now it is The Great Pretender from the Yu- Gi- Oh movie soundtrack. I found an old CD for that movie a while back and burn need it onto my PC and Xbox.

Warmness on the sou
Warmness on the soul, gotta love A7X

I love that song.  It is my favorite song by them, and actually I listened to it with my ex when we were still together, so it makes me way emotional.

For the past few months, I've been really big into death metal, especially Opeth

I applaud your taste in music.  I love death metal, and my favorite death metal band would either have to be Amon Amarth or Allegaeon.

• 4 weeks later...

good goddess..how does one answer this without going insane? So much amazing music out there

so I will take my top 5 favorite bands and give my favorite song of theres

1. Genesis/Phil Collins - Two Hearts

2. Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

3. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

4. Hall and Oats - Out of Touch

5. Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone

• 5 months later...

I love too many songs, so I'll just put in a top 15 (no particular order):

Eminem - I'm Back

Eminem - I'm Shady

Eminem - 3 A.M.

Eminem - Beautiful

Eminem - Big Weenie

Nas - Be a Nigga Too

Lil Wayne - Outro (feat. Bun B, Shyne, Nas, Busta Rhymes)

Lil Wayne - How to Hate (feat. T-Pain)

Obie Trice - Rap Name (feat. Eminem)

Bad Meets Evil - Fast Lane

Bad Meets Evil - The Reunion

Bad Meets Evil - Loud Noises (feat. Slaughterhouse)

Bad Meets Evil - A Kiss

D12 - Purple Pills

D12 - My Band

As you could see, THEY'RE ALL RAP SONGS.

I got a few.

My Wish, by Rascal Flatts

Unstoppable, by Rascal Flatts

Just to shorten it, any song by Rascal Flatts

This is War, by 30 Seconds to Mars

Your Gonna Go Far Kid, by ???, no idear, it's really good though :P

Then a bunch of brony songs, number one though is Loyalty, by AcousticBrony and MandoPony

Rap:

The Specktators - I Won't Remember

The Specktators - Plan Accordingly

The Specktators - The Campaign

The Specktators - Off the Leash

The Specktators - Show Me Somethin'

Electro:

Rogue - Adventure Time

Rezonate - Pump It!

Stephen Walking - Top of the World

PIXL - Astrocat

Tristam - Truth

Dubstep (and sub-genres of dubstep):

Virtual Riot - Stargarden

Virtual Riot - Prove Them Wrong

Virtual Riot - Ephemera

Virtual Riot - Blackout

Virtual Riot - Creepstep

Virtual Riot - Haunted

Noisestorm - Together

Tut Tut Child - Hummingbird

Day One - World's End

1uP - Whip-It

Rezonate - Ash

Varien - Lilith

I would continue the list, but it would take ages.

It changes so often, but right now this is my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtfP5IbJ09U

Perfect Blue by Lemonade.  Fantastic mix of pop and R&B, great voice, lyrics are a bit on the melancholy side but delivered well, and it's catchy as all hell

Just got finished listening to it, all I gotta say is THAT BEAT IS SICK AS HELL. Thanks for making me add another song to my playlist "Best Songs Ever" lol.