Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Is SlenderMan REALLY scarier than Amnesia?

Ad Foedera Cresco

After reading a certain post, it reminded me to find out how to make a topic and I finally found it! (not like that's a good thing). Slenderman.... I personally don't think it's scary, maybe the first time, but not really scary at all to me after that. Did any of you who've played it or watch someone play it think it's scary? If you don't know what Slenderman is, it's a scary game made for a competition in 14 days. It's supposively "The scariest game in the World" and the whole objective is to grab 8 pages as some obese fatty, at night, in a forest for whatever reason, with a flashlight. You don't get a page and eventually Slendy' will come after you, but after you grab a page he'll be after you. To lose, all you have to do is look at him long enough, and your game will exit automaticly.

I think Amnesia is 1000x scarier than Slenderman personally. :huh: Probably because of the atmosphere, the sanity feature, health feature, and that your lamp is very limited on oil. Just everything about is scary to me :o I even deleted the icon so I don't have to look at it anymore! I'm probably still completely terrified of Amnesia...

Posted Image

Edited by Trollestia-IV

I've never played Amnesia so I can't anwser your question for that whole thing, but Slender may be scary the first time but no more after that. What is fun is going with the crowd and to just keep pretending to be scared. But in all it is not that scary. Now in the dark of a room at midnight while walking though the forest and he randomely appers, that is freaking scrary(Or not).

well of course amnesia is scarier then slander man, for one amnesia feels more claustrophobic at times as you going though corridors, while slander man you just in a forest and you can run in any direction.

however both are only rely scary on the first play though then once you have it to memory and it become allot easier on a second play though, but Amnesia has DLC while slanderman have patch updates which add nothing new to the horror and dread

Both are scary in different ways. Slender uses sound and jump scare tactics to scare. While Amnesia uses atmosphere and lighting to scare. Comparing them is kinda weird since one is a F2P game while the other isn't. Personally, I feel the Slender music is much more frightening than the music that plays in Amnesia. However to each their own, I enjoy both games with my friends.

Edited by Paint-It-Blak
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't played the game myself, but it seems like it would be scary the first couple of times. I have played Amnesia though, and that was the scariest game I have even played!

Also, it sure as hell seems to scare Pewdiepie more :lol:

I don't think so. Just because he screams more doesn't mean that he's more scared. Have you watched when he played through Amnesia the Dark Decent (the original story that is)? In my opinion, that was true horror from him. He was truly terrified. In Slenderman he is able to make jokes all the time, but in Amnesia he wasn't. Some times he was speech less and on the burst of crying.

I agree with most of the other posters here - Slender isn't really that scary after you've experienced it the first few times. You still get startled from the jumpscares, of course, but it's no longer frightening - you know what's coming.

Also wanted to point out that "Slenderman" is a popular character originating from a creepypasta, the game creator didn't invent him. :P

The only reason I feel like slender seems scary is because your being foolowed by a pedo in a tux. But since its a videogame it doesnt really scare me. Amnesia on the other hand caused quite a bit of sleepless nights

No.

But then though, I didn't really find any of those two games scary haha. But Amnesia is scarier and a better game by far.

• Brohoof 2

No, and I wouldn't call Slenderman scary, he's more creepy than scary. Amnesia gets less scary and more fun as you play it, like RE.

But in the end, neither of the are that bad.

I'm sorry, but NEITHER are scary. Amnesia and Slenderman are both incredibly formulaic, predictable, and linear. Amnesia owes most of its success due to the fact it has a gimmick: Everything wants to kill you, and you can't defend yourself.

• Brohoof 1

well slenderMAN isn't that scary. It's frankly kinda goofy because of the graphics. Slender, on the other hand, is incredibly scary. It plays on fears the same way that the best creepypastas do. Flashlights make everything scarier because outside your little cone of safety, there could be anything. Also, when you turn around... OH SHIT HE'S STANDING RIGHT THERE RUN!!!!!

For how simple the game is, it is rather terrifying.

Edited by sirseansy

Although I have both on my Hard Drive as we speak, I have yet to play either of them.

Slender looked kinda scary due to its atmosphere, but not for long.

It successfully does the quiet invisible stalker thing that makes a good horror game. You are defenseless against a strange force that you do not understand. And THAT is true horror.

It's just the game kinda trips over its own feet (and the main reason why I haven't tried it yet) is because its based on what I think is by far one of the dumbest Internet Memes known as Slenderman.

It baffles me how people are deathly afraid of something THIS stupid!

Whenever I see Slenderman trying to be scary, I see it in the same light as one would see Cupcakes or Lavender Town Creepypasta.

Its just so overused and so silly that its more laughable than scary!

SCP: Containment Breach is scarier than both in my opinion. But all three are pretty close.

Neither Deadspace is where its at DDDDDUUUUUUHHHHHHHH Slenderman doesn't even have a face and amnesia is just stupid

Pffft, Dead Space isn't that scary...

I've never played slender but from what I have heard it is some sort of screamer. Even though I usually do get startled by these when they are on videos and are well planned and sudden, I never get scared when watching them on a movie or something, so I suppose it'll be similar on a game.

Amnesia on the other hand, is a carefully planned game to make you feel like you are a helpess man in such situation, and it doesn't use screamers, which are a cheap way of scarying you

Nah Slender wasn't THAT scary and I am someone who has rather weak nerves. A game that scared the s*** out of me was Bioshock because of the good light effects, the creepy Splicers and the insane atmosphere. If somebody would mod the game, so you play as Little Sister trying to collect ADAM and must not be caught by some Splicers, I am sure it would be one of the scariest games ever

Nope Slender or even the Slenderman himself isn't really that scary. All Slenderman wants is his $20.

post-4326-0-10777700-1344901472.jpg

Edited by Ponymon Trainer Red

Neither are scary, but that's just my opinion. I actually thought they were quite boring at time *laughs*

Nah Slender wasn't THAT scary and I am someone who has rather weak nerves. A game that scared the s*** out of me was Bioshock because of the good light effects, the creepy Splicers and the insane atmosphere. If somebody would mod the game, so you play as Little Sister trying to collect ADAM and must not be caught by some Splicers, I am sure it would be one of the scariest games ever

I also think Bioshock was overrated for scariness, but the atmosphere was beautiful and it was really entertaining. :)

I guess I'm just not easily frightened, but you DID say you have weak nerves.

Edited by Sylvanas Windrunner (PDS)
  • Brohoof 1