Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Is SlenderMan REALLY scarier than Amnesia?

Ad Foedera Cresco

I don't really look at Slender as a scary game now, which is weird because jump scares tend to be my worst fear in a video game. I guess I just don't really look at SlenderMan as a scary character, as he doesn't really look too deformed. I was really on edge the first time I was watching someone play Slender, but I guess that's me on almost all games labled as "Survival-Horror". Games that are more likely to scare me are games like: Amnesia, Dead Space, and F.E.A.R. Probably because those games are filled with jump scares.

I've only played Amnesia, so I can't really answer that question. Amnesia did scare me quite some, and I really really liked the game overall :D. Have some Slender reactions, then Amnesia reactions to determine for yourself which one is scarier :)

Now the Amnesia freakouts

Nevetheless, Amnesia made me sorta paranoid the first few nights I started watching walkthroughs

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1RKuM57nPA

I lost it at the bag of Milky Ways at 3:46. God I need to actually play this game all the way through.

Amnesia is much more frightening then anything else...

Slender though I don't hate, I think its still an awesome freeware game and it scares me playing it but...yyyyeeeeeaaaaahhhh, Amnesia...

NO NO RAN OUT OF LIGHT DON"T DIE ON ME LIGHT ;w; WHAT WAS THAT AAAAAAHHHH! RUN AWAY RUN AWAY

• Brohoof 1

I have one youtube video on my channel at the moment.

Its me playing amnesia.

Now everyone thinks im a whimp.

I used to be brave.....

That was until i played amnesia.

As for the slender game........

based on what ive experienced in amnesia ive come to this conclusion:

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!

My screams are a valuble commodity....(for me)

After reading a certain post, it reminded me to find out how to make a topic and I finally found it! (not like that's a good thing). Slenderman.... I personally don't think it's scary, maybe the first time, but not really scary at all to me after that. Did any of you who've played it or watch someone play it think it's scary? If you don't know what Slenderman is, it's a scary game made for a competition in 14 days. It's supposively "The scariest game in the World" and the whole objective is to grab 8 pages as some obese fatty, at night, in a forest for whatever reason, with a flashlight. You don't get a page and eventually Slendy' will come after you, but after you grab a page he'll be after you. To lose, all you have to do is look at him long enough, and your game will exit automaticly.

I think Amnesia is 1000x scarier than Slenderman personally. :huh: Probably because of the atmosphere, the sanity feature, health feature, and that your lamp is very limited on oil. Just everything about is scary to me :o I even deleted the icon so I don't have to look at it anymore! I'm probably still completely terrified of Amnesia...

Posted Image

The slenderman series of MarbleHornets was amazing. Now amnesia is scary as hell from the videos that I have seen. To me the scary thing about "slenderman" is that he can appear to you at any given time at any given place... and there is not one thing you can do to stop him.

First time Simcity11100 sees Slenderman, he jumps a little, the second time nothing, and then after 10 times, ok that's getting old, no really. And Amnesia, I laugh the whole time.

Edited by Simcity11100

Amnesia I personally didn't find very scary at all. Might be because I've played through its predecessors, the Penumbra series, and got used to the gameplay.

Slender is pretty scary because I'm constantly expecting to see the guy standing right in front of me as I turn around. Rationally thinking, it shouldn't be all that scary, but it's something I just find terrifying for whatever reason.

By the way, have a PSA: if any Mac owners are interested, I have a redeem code for a copy of Amnesia. Ask for it here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/29378-giving-away-two-free-mac-games/

Well, um. I don't see the fun part of playing horror games and trying to get yourself scared. I'd rather play something fun, constructive and awesome, like Mass Effect for example <3

Yeah I really didnt find Slenderman that scary..... It was probably a go with the crowd sort of thing.. :huh: .

Especially when compared with Amnesia... I mean Amnesia didnt bother me that much either but it was way more intense and scarier than slenderman ever was.... ;)

I don´t have balls to play it so I don´t know, I haven´t played Slender nor Amnesia (yet?). But it depends on your point of view and situation. If you have a friend by your side who keeps it cool and isn´t a douche (doesn´t scare you even more), it´s probably more enjoyable and less scary.

I'll bet Clive Barker's "Undying" is much, much scarier than anything these other two games came up with.

I just checked out its review from a very reliable gaming site.

... No, apparently it's not scary at all. Just a FPS with a few frightening bits with monsters jumping at you. No actual horror involved.

Slender is coded poorly.. Or to be more accurate, the game idea itself is poor. So Slenderman follows you? What else does he do? Follows you.. -_-

OH, a note! What does he do now? Follows you faster..

However, the new game Slender: Sanatorium is actually somewhat scary. I couldn't predict or understand the Slenderman's movement pattern at all.

I never want to play Slender. Just too scared, mostly because when he appears, that dramatic piano note is played, and it'll probably scare the hell out of me. Sound is a big reason why I was too scared to wear headphoneswhile playing Amnesia, in fear of hearing these noises loudly......

Amnesia is much, much more scary. I took breaks before I saw my first monster because I was so immersed XD

Whenever I would hear that growl, and the screen would go all wonky, I'd run in a room, close the door, stare at the wall as my brain leaks out my ear. It's genuinely a fantastic game. But, after I understood the AI, the mechanics etc., I was no longer scared. You can actually jump around them in circles and they will continually miss. Eventually they will hit you, though.

Nonetheless, Slender was an atmospheric game, but Amnesia had much more fond memories.

SLENDER. WASN'T. THAT. SCARY.

People just go with what the crowd thinks. I played it myself. It was scary for like, 10 minutes. Then it's like-

"Just let me die..."

I can second that. Amnesia was an actual GAME that was FUN. In slender, you just wander aimlessly until Sludermann pops out at you. To call it a game is an insult.