Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Is SlenderMan REALLY scarier than Amnesia?

Ad Foedera Cresco

I can second that. Amnesia was an actual GAME that was FUN. In slender, you just wander aimlessly until Sludermann pops out at you. To call it a game is an insult.

Now that's a little harsh :P.

I've never played Slender, like I said. Sound is probably a big reason why (That piano tune that plays when Slendy is close will probably scare me senseless)

It really depends on the atmosphere. Almost anything can seem scary at one in the morning, with all the lights turned off, and locking yourself in your room.

Now that's a little harsh :P.

I've never played Slender, like I said. Sound is probably a big reason why (That piano tune that plays when Slendy is close will probably scare me senseless)

Maybe it was, and admittedly it is fun at the first play through, but it has zero replayability. And how can a game be good if it's not fun after the first time?

Maybe it was, and admittedly it is fun at the first play through, but it has zero replayability. And how can a game be good if it's not fun after the first time?

I'm going to have to agree. Slender was atmospheric, but Amnesia topped it in that sense as well. I found it to be rather dull once I realized how to avoid getting Slenderman "all up in yo grill." To be fair, though, Slender was made in fourteen days and was free, so in the end it does deserve some credit.

• 2 years later...

You know maybe Slenderman's just a guy who wants a ride to a job interview, and you're in no danger at all. Or maybe he wants to play flashlight tag. He could also be a morphing and adaptive creature that simulates a suit by shaping and coloring his flesh to seem like fabric so that he isn't as alien of a figure, and he wants to then lure us to him and repackage our organs in ziploc bags. But it could be any one of them. He's not scary. I haven't played Amnesia, so I can't give an opinion on which is scarier, but I can tell you that Slender isn't scary.

I haven't played either, but from my observations I have concluded that the Slender Man games are purely cheap jumpscares.

Amnesia on the other hand incorporates a creepy atmosphere, disturbing visuals, creepy music and generally scary gameplay. Not to mention there's that goddamn water monster...

Never played Amnesia and I don't plan to (b/c I don't have the time and energy to sit through the game).  As for Slenderman............tbh, its stupid.  Nothing is scary about it other than some poor as soul covering his face, like literally.......if it were as terrifying as the demons in DOOM, then okay, but it just sucked.