Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mountain Dew Voting Edit - They've Been Hacked.

Hazardus_Havard.

Okay so here's what's up. I was talking to someone when they brought up that the Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen. It's a pizza joint or something like that.

Anyways they're having a contest from the looks of it to name their specialty flavored Mountain Dew. If you've ever eaten at Taco Bell, you know they have one called Baja Blast.

This one's Apple flavored....you see where I'm going with this?

Me and a slew of friends are helping the vote and passing it around, so far it got from 57 to 41. We need people who want a Apple flavored specialty Mountain Dew called Applejack to vote for it. If anything....do it for the awesome that will come if it comes close to the top 10. Think about drinking something like that.....but most importantly....do it for Applejack.

http://dubthedew.com...for-my-name/39/

EDIT - Oh no....they've been hacked (scroll text). I'm going on a whim here to assume this is the fault of /b/ here. This is most likely gonna push back the voting or get rid of it entirely. This is why we can't have nice things people! Yeah, some /b/ members are claiming it was a group effort after keeping the top ranking at #1 to hack the site but no one's claiming it.

I would post a picture of it, but truthfully it's pretty darn distasteful, might upset some people and would likely be taken down the moment I put it up.

EDIT EDIT - Aaaand the website was fully taken down along with their Facebook account. Seems like they will cancel this contest now.

post-5025-0-35310600-1344842217_thumb.png

Edited by Hazardus_Havard
  • Brohoof 1

YES! We're currently at 38 now! I will SO save up all my cash just to get there and buy many Applejacks.

~ughghgh~ I just got the shivers saying that.

Gonna drink some Applejack Mountain Dew.

Applejack Mountain Dew.

God I could say that forever.

Wow, look at the leaderboards.

Fucking immature children upvoting that retarded shit up there.

Like fapple. Or Gushing Granny.

Agreed. Most of those probably won't make it since it doesn't sound good as a drink, especially the first one; THAT one is a throw away vote right there only meant to be there for the lulz.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to green-light a beverage named Applejack. Especially considering the fact that there is already a trademarked beverage by that name.

That is the name of a produced item like calling Cinnamon Toast Crunch of Fruit Loops "Cereal" and trying to install a trademark on "Cereal"

That cannot happen since Applejack is in use for a good while by our language use. Spam has had similar problems with trying to keep their name trademarked since "Spam" is a day to day thing with computers and has been in modern lexicon for a good while now.

Applejack is the best, trust me, I checked the others and there childish and generic. The most voted one is just awful.

Edited by SweetieBelle Excel

That is the name of a produced item like calling Cinnamon Toast Crunch of Fruit Loops "Cereal" and trying to install a trademark on "Cereal"

That cannot happen since Applejack is in use for a good while by our language use. Spam has had similar problems with trying to keep their name trademarked since "Spam" is a day to day thing with computers and has been in modern lexicon for a good while now.

It sounds like you're referring to secondary meaning. They could take that angle and make it work.

It sounds like you're referring to secondary meaning. They could take that angle and make it work.

That's why Spam is having a hard time keeping this trademarked; because of that secondary meaning thing. But there's no one that could actually take this to court.

And while it may be true someone could stop someone naming certain things with that, there's no one that is selling a non-alcoholic drink under same name as far as I can recall. And even with the alcoholic one, it still a generic name for alcohol such as beer or wine is.

And while it may be true someone could stop someone naming certain things with that, there's no one that is selling a non-alcoholic drink under same name as far as I can recall. And even with the alcoholic one, it still a generic name for alcohol such as beer or wine is.

Or we could forgo the whole dilemma and just buy a case of Mountain Dew, a bottle of Applejack and watch a marathon MLP session wile playing one of the many MLP drinking games out there.
  • Brohoof 1

Totally voted. I wonder if clicking "vote" multiple times counts...

As for the trademark, Havard is correct. You can't copyright a product. You can copyright a brand name however.

Or we could forgo the whole dilemma and just buy a case of Mountain Dew, a bottle of Applejack and watch a marathon MLP session wile playing one of the many MLP drinking games out there.

YES! EPIC YES! Gawd I need to find some over 21 bronies near where I live so I can do exactly that. Though I'm not sure how well Applejack and Dew would work together ><

Totally voted. I wonder if clicking "vote" multiple times counts...

As for the trademark, Havard is correct. You can't copyright a product. You can copyright a brand name however.

YES! EPIC YES! Gawd I need to find some over 21 bronies near where I live so I can do exactly that. Though I'm not sure how well Applejack and Dew would work together ><

Sadly I have a high stance towards not drinking. I've never had a sip in my life (mouthwash doesn't really count) and don't plan on drinking any time soon. And I've heard Mountain Dew and many different alcoholic beverages, not including beer, are quite delicious.

Though I'm not sure how well Applejack and Dew would work together ><

Challenge accepted. Maybe we could work with the site staff to set up date for all of us to hit Skype and do just that. We could come up with a bunch of rules that specifically relate to Applejack. Like...

Take a sip of Mountain Dew + Applejack whenever she...

- runs somewhere with Winona

- uses her lasso

- says "hay" as a substitute for anything

- adjusts her hat

Take a shot of Applejack whenever she...

- does the Appliejack face

- says "sugercube"

Challenge accepted. Maybe we could work with the site staff to set up date for all of us to hit Skype and do just that. We could come up with a bunch of rules that specifically relate to Applejack. Like...

- uses her lasso

- adjusts her hat

- says "sugercube"

Not sure how that would go down at all seeing as Feld0 is below the legal drinking age and having a site he's running to allow drinking games might not go down so well. Are the mod's above 21? I figured they were all around 18; no offense to the mods just always thought of them at that age for some reason.

- uses her lasso

- adjusts her hat

- says "sugercube"

That actually sounds pretty fricken cool. Provided nobody minds if we try to set up a 21+ event on the forums...

As for mixing Dew and other alcoholic beverages, there aren't many that work well together. Usually rum and whiskey go in darker sodas, while vodka goes with lighter ones like sprite and 7 up. 99 bananas doesn't taste bad in Mountain Dew (certainly isn't my favorite though. ><) Though there is a mountain dew flavored vodka out there...

(edited)

That actually sounds pretty fricken cool. Provided nobody minds if we try to set up a 21+ event on the forums...

As for mixing Dew and other alcoholic beverages, there aren't many that work well together. Usually rum and whiskey go in darker sodas, while vodka goes with lighter ones like sprite and 7 up. 99 bananas doesn't taste bad in Mountain Dew (certainly isn't my favorite though. ><) Though there is a mountain dew flavored vodka out there...

Though there is a mountain dew flavored vodka out there... why does that not surprise me in the least bit? Edited by Hazardus_Havard

Though there is a mountain dew flavored vodka out there... why does that not surprise me in the least bit?

Well, since they've got a cake flavored vodka. The Dew vodka isn't great, its way better mixed with dew as opposed to straight.

Well, since they've got a cake flavored vodka. The Dew vodka isn't great, its way better mixed with dew as opposed to straight.

And I will never find out since I don't drink; oh well. I'd prefer to spend my money on art equipment for studies, programs to mess with and the every so often game I want.

And I will never find out since I don't drink; oh well. I'd prefer to spend my money on art equipment for studies, programs to mess with and the every so often game I want.

Haha, but liquor is part of my job so I kinda have to like the stuff. And, for the record, you can buy liquor without breaking your wallet. ><

Haha, but liquor is part of my job so I kinda have to like the stuff. And, for the record, you can buy liquor without breaking your wallet. ><

Oh, so what you work in a bar? Or maybe in a alcohol producing factory? And I know I can buy alcohol cheap I've done it for my friends when they couldn't but I would prefer to use that money on other things like new types of food or maybe some incense; I love incense,Dragons Blood and Vanilla Cherry being my favorite to burn.

Actually, I come up with recipes lol. Owning my own bar is what I'd like to do sometime in the future, maybe. For now I'm content with just mixing them all together and seeing what comes out the other end. Plus, I put on a lab coat and use graduated cylinders for measuring. How many people get to say "I'm drinking... for Science!" at their day job?

• Brohoof 1

Actually, I come up with recipes lol. Owning my own bar is what I'd like to do sometime in the future, maybe. For now I'm content with just mixing them all together and seeing what comes out the other end. Plus, I put on a lab coat and use graduated cylinders for measuring. How many people get to say "I'm drinking... for Science!" at their day job?

Um....I can think of one well regarded man that could get away with something like that...Cave Johnson ring any bells?