Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your reaction to Shining Armor?

PonyPowaX1000

Thought he was a pretty cool character.

And you know what ? The funny thing about him, is that his mane/tail looks somewhat like my OC's mane/tail. Take a look:

Shining Armor:

post-334-0-94045200-1344863825_thumb.png

Audio Flash (My OC)

post-334-0-99960800-1344863847.png

It's funny because I had my OC made way before the season 2 finale. :)

Edited by ProjectRKA
  • Brohoof 1

Thought he was a pretty cool character.

And you know what ? The funny thing about him, is that his mane/tail looks somewhat like my OC's mane/tail. Take a look:

Shining Armor:

post-334-0-94045200-1344863825_thumb.png

Audio Flash (My OC)

post-334-0-99960800-1344863847.png

It's funny because I had my OC made way before the season 2 finale. :)

Scandal at DHX Media.

• Brohoof 1

I was't really attached to him. I would have been if he was introduced much earlier, gotten a few scenes, and had more to do in the show.

But now he just feels like a one episode character.

He seemed exactly like what I would expect of Twilight's big brother. A decent, loving, and kind pony. So even though it makes no sense that he was thrown in at the last minute, and somehow couldn't tell he was marrying the wrong woman (I'll just assume he was more under her spell than we realized because the difference between them was obvious) all in all he's a good character and I wouldn't mind seeing more of him.

When I heard he was captain of the Royal Guard. I had this feeling he only got there because Twilight is Princess Celestia's personal protege. Which had to have given her family and her some perks.

Plus he just rubbed me the wrong way. He didn't seem as... Stoic as the others guards. I wonder if they skimped on the training during that day. He seemed a lot more like a weak spot than the toughest of them.

I was basically like "wow what a guy". Then I proceeded to feel terrible about my shortcomings as a big brother

oh ya dude i know exactly how you feel... i saw the episode and was like im just like this guy with my sisters! and as i thought about it more and more i realized how shortly i had fallen from acutally being like him and how nice he was caring but ya i failed horribly :(

I just found it surprising that at the very end of season 2 they just announced that Twilight had a brother, but he's still pretty cool, nonetheless.

When I saw Shining Armor I was like, cool a male charter in the show who has a pretty cool job and power. Kind wish they brought him up sooner or at least leave hits that Twilight had a brother. Like a picture of him in the background or something. Seeing as he was very important to Twilight. Still I like him and he seems cool.

I thought that he was a decent character. He wasn't really the type that you want to see more of. It's ok if he appears in a couple of episodes, but he is too boring to get a lead role in an episode.

First time he was mentioned: "Someone gave up trying to name you half way through"

Hes an awesome character, just kinda sucked that he was never mentioned before.

And the name... Who would name a child "Shining Armor"?

It made me sad I didn't have an older brother.... So I wen't and yelled at my little one for a few minutes

Well, when I heard about him:

Posted Image

Ehhh, well they might had over-done the character a little, I'm not a big fan of him, but he's okay I guess xD

I liked his design, I liked his voice, I liked his personality, and I liked his role. I didn't like how Hasbro decided to sling-shot him out of their corporate catapult at the very last minute and introduce him at the tail end of the second season, but that's to be expected. For the most part, I really like him as a character, and hope to see more of him in the upcoming season and beyond.

• Brohoof 2

He appeared too suddenly. "BAM! Twilight has an older brother!" I didn't really like that. I think he at least should have been introduced a little earlier, even if he was only there for the Canterlot Wedding.

He was like your perfect cookie-cutter big brother/prince, so I admit I thought he was a bit bland. I do like his voice and his design though. Maybe if he appears later he'll grow on me.