Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Roller Coaster Enthusiast thread

Dusty Soul

I'm terrified of roller coasters except Space Mountain and the Cyclone. The latter is my absolute favorite. I know you all probably love your giant scary coasters, but the Cyclone is a real piece of New York history and everyone who loves rides should make a trip to Brooklyn in the summer.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been to:

Six Flags Over Texas
Cedar Point
Kennywood
Idlewild
Geauga Lake (and I was there when it was called Six Flags Ohio for one year, and I went when it was "Six Flags:Worlds of Adventure" with SeaWorld)
IX Indoor Amusement Park (if you count this as a park)

My favorite place would definitely be Cedar Point, with my favorite ride being the Millennium Force! The Top Thrill Dragster is a close second. The absolute worst ride I've ever been on was the Texas Giant (pre-remake)!

I also really enjoy the Rollercoaster Tycoon games.

Did you ride Maverick? I would argue that it's the best coaster there, even though I've never been to Cedar Point! I can just tell... 

Funny story about the Maverick...the first time I was going to ride it, me, my brother, and two friends were in line in the blistering heat for nearly 2 hours and the ride broke down! So we're standing around for nearly 40 minutes at nearly the front of the line and nothing is happening. A lot of people at this point have left the line and rumors were circulating throughout the line that it would be down for at least another hour. So, after much deliberation, we decided to leave the line. 5 seconds after leaving the line...IT'S BACK UP! We couldn't believe it  :lol:

The next time I went to Cedar Point I rode it twice. Wonderful ride! The line is just killer though. Sometimes its longer than the Top Thrill's.

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 1

I love rollercoasters. I always get it in my head that I'm scared of them but after one coaster, I'm always so pumped to go on the next. I've been to Six Flags Over Texas many, many times. I could ride the shockwave all day, but they took out one of my favorite parts :(. There used to be this /\/\/\/\ bump section but then they replaced it with a straight track ______ :(. I'm glad the Texas giant got remodeled 2 years ago, but I still always feel like I am going to get decapitated when I ride it. Speaking about the Texas giant, last time when I rode on it I told my dad the sign said "Phones lost on this ride: 2000 in counting :(" and I told him to put it in the bucket but he refused. As soon as we got to the second 90 degree bank, his phone fell off the ride. I still rub it in his face to this day that he should have listened to me :P. The titan is so scary, but I could ride it again and again after that first drop. I wish that they would open up more amusement parks. After a while the coasters get stale. If you guys have ever played a roller coaster game like RCT or Thrillville, the "Special" pieces that you can put on the coasters always blow my mind. Lastly, there was this one time I went up to visit my Canadian Cousins and we went to some place, I BELIEVE it was Canada's Wonderland but I don't remember. Anyway, there was this one coaster that was themed like an action movie. It had a helicopter come up and start shooting at you and everything, It was so freaking cool. :) I wish people put fun before work. It would be nice to see some original coaster designs. I know for a fact that Six flags just "Cookie Cutter"s their rides. "The Rock" is the exact same thing as "The titan" in Six Flags Over Texas."

In 6th grade my band (I'm not in band anymore because my teacher was evil) went on a fieldtrip to this one place called Sandy Lake, it is just one of those theme parks, you know, with rides and not any coasters. I thought it would be lame but the rides were REALLY unsafe. I mean, me and the kid I partnered up with almost fell out of our seats. There was a bar that was 3 feet away with us (you couldn't pull it in!) so we had to hang on for dear life. The coolest thing about that Sandy Lake fair was this one Farris wheel. It wasn't a regular farris wheel though. You could make the cage you were in spin around and around. The kid wouldn't stop doing it. Upside down, right side up, upside down, right side up. I was going to vomit. But that wasn't all, my phone fell out of my pocket and went right up into my shirt and I told him to stop while he was just like "WHAT! Sorry, I can't hear you! (Trollface)" because he was spinning us in circles.

So yeah, I like rollercoasters but my experiences with them are always faint.

Edited by Judgement

I've been riding roller coasters for all my life. I've risen so many that Im now kinda bored of them, but I'm always up for new ones. The best one I have to say is Appollo's Chariot at Bush Gardens. You get a lot of air time on that one.

Just over 1 year in the making. Massive SandBox Park. Must SEE!!
just over 1 year in the making Im debuting my hand Crafted SandBox park

Things to know before trying to load park

5700+ peeps in the park makes for a epic lag fest... Night also lags due to all the lighting effect... But dose it look sexy

This park will demostrage ever aspect of RCT3 has to offer, from land scaping, fireworks, special effects, custom building, and underground construtions

On my pc with ever thing maked out 7 fps max during day time. 2 fps max during night

Install notes : Copy twistedSouls to X:\users\user name here\Documents\RCT3\Parks
if file says read only on load ignore it. It sohuld load just fine,, and you shoudl be able to edit it as well

load game..> play > sandbox

Twisted Soul.zip

Edited by MadDoggyca

• 3 months later...

wow this thread has been dead for quite a long time now..

Anyways, I am very excited for the new roller coaster that will open this summer in the park Liseberg here in Sweden :) It's going to be very long, and it looks like a lot of fun!

post-1052-0-00952500-1397429267_thumb.jpg

post-1052-0-05142400-1397429279_thumb.jpg

post-1052-0-44560700-1397429293_thumb.jpg

post-1052-0-31917400-1397429301_thumb.jpg

Speed: 100 km/h
Height: 52 m
Length: 1,38 km
On-Ride Time: 2:10
Launchers: 2
G-forces: 4.3 G
Airtime: 3 times
Inversions: 7 times

The station is going to be really big as well!

post-1052-0-59631400-1397429312_thumb.jpg

...And I love the music that will play

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

A little outdated for UK enthusiasts, but I totally forgot to go here and record my experience on Thorpe Park's backwards winged coaster. That's right, it's a winged coaster like X or Gatekeeper, but they turned the last two cars to face the opposite direction. And it's insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTspx8rjMnc

You see all those near-misses? With the plane wing, the billboard and the church roof? Riding backwards means you don't know when those will be flying right past your head, and that really amplifies the aspect of apocalypse. Especially if you look at the zero-G roll at the beginning; on the right-hand wing, the G's push you up on the decline, making the near-collision with the billboard far more tangible than normal. Really incredible. To my knowledge, it's also the first winged coaster that you can ride backwards, so a little bit of UK pride going there. :)

• Brohoof 3

I'm so pumped to ride the Gatekeeper this year. Didn't get a chance to last year. Anyone else heading to Cedar Point this summer?

I live in the UK and have no chance of riding this anyway, but I was actually just a little disappointed after watching Gatekeeper's POV for the first time. I mean, it's a winged coaster! Get a bit more imaginative with your themes, Cedar Point! It seems like they just thought "Eh, we've just built the world's largest inversion on the world's fastest/longest wing coaster, that's all we'll need." I gotta admit though, the two medium-G rolls look smooth as fuck.

• Brohoof 1

Oh heck yea! I didn't know this thread was here!

Anypony else go to Banshee Media day at Kings Island? I have a new favorite B&M and maybe a new top 5 coaster!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I guess it's time for me to bump this thread again.

In this interview with Mark Rose, director of ride designing and engineering at Busch Gardens Tampa, he states that although Gwazi is closing down, there are no plans to remove the ride's structure. "We're not gonna tear it down; it's still gonna be there tomorrow. We don't have any plans to tear it down; we've studied the area and it's a huge footprint of land, and we're really thinking 'What are we gonna do with this land?' and we've designed several things that we don't even know ourselves [what] we're gonna pick yet, but we will do something, and of course we'll invite you all out to see what we're gonna do."

Who else thinks they're going to give Gwazi a Rocky Mountain Construction makeover? I'm certainly calling it! :pinkie:

Edited by Dolphanatic

Wow...this thread. This is so weird.

Like, I remember being a kid, and playing games like Roller Coaster Tycoon, and watching travel documentaries on coasters, thinking..."I must be the ONLY one who would watch/care about this type of thing"...nope. Apparently there are a lot more of us out there than I thought! in other words...this is AWESOME! I remember when everyone was freaking out over the debut of "X" at six flags magic mountain. Dat 90 degree drop eh? But yeah! I was/still am quite fond of coasters. Good stuff!

• Brohoof 2

I can say that roller coasters had a direct influence in me becoming an engineer. I just recently got roller coaster tycoon two on steam and I feel like a little kid again. I hope that I never get too old to ride them!

Edited by BlueBrony

My first experience with a roller coaster was as a child and I was terrified of roller coasters from that point. Later on, me and my friends went to Boomerangs and spent so much time on the roller coaster and I loved it. 

How I never had a middle period is beyond me.

Wow...this thread. This is so weird.

Like, I remember being a kid, and playing games like Roller Coaster Tycoon, and watching travel documentaries on coasters, thinking..."I must be the ONLY one who would watch/care about this type of thing"...nope. Apparently there are a lot more of us out there than I thought! in other words...this is AWESOME! I remember when everyone was freaking out over the debut of "X" at six flags magic mountain. Dat 90 degree drop eh? But yeah! I was/still am quite fond of coasters. Good stuff!

Little-known fact: It's actually an 88.5 degrees drop. I really love X, but I hate that it was the ultimate demise of Arrow Dynamics, one of my industry favorites.

• Brohoof 1

This thread may be a little old, but since many have already mentioned it in prior pages, I feel like this can't be complete without adding a certain something to play in the background while here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNYLE0blEJc&list=PL6akIKaXBeU0gT4XSRVMiIGAw-HSt4ezv&index=31

*Roller Coaster 1 has broken down.*

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

Hiya guys! Have all you heard about the new RollerCoaster Tycoon game? It's only a few months old.

But that isn't exactly why I came here. I have a large- and growing collection of My Little Pony desktop icons. I figured at least SOME version of RCT would be popular enough to have a pony icon, but it seems I was wrong. So I was just googling around for one and I came across this thread.

Is there anyone here who could make an icon, or knows someone who can or even already did?

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Nyactis Mewcis Catlum said:

Necroing this thread, haha.

I'm going to Silver Dollar City in a couple of weeks. Pretty excited to go on Time Traveler there. I also heard Outlaw Run is one of the best wooden coasters, too. I'm pretty excited. :D

If you mean the Silver Dollar City in Branson, try Wildfire (if they still have it). As I recall it was pretty intense. 

Most of my roller coaster experiences are relatively tame since I don't usually frequent the more 'thrill-based' parks. I'm more into the Disney ones, in which case I guess California Screamin' was the more intense because it was the only one on property that went upside-down. I still have yet to try Rockin' Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios, but its time is coming.