Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Roller Coaster Enthusiast thread

Dusty Soul

...I wonder how many of us here are also over at RCT Lounge? I'm guessing there's atleast 3 more, other than myself.

Hmm... I don't use those forums... I do play RCT2 and No Limits once and a while (not really a big fan of RCT3). I also get on the Theme Park Review forums sometimes, but that's about it.

I've been to Canada's Wonderland several times. I love all of the roller coasters there. I hope to someday go to Cedar Point.

Oh and I love playing the Roller Coaster Tycoon games.

Canada's Wonderland is the next big themepark I want to try out. I've been to Cedar Point 2 times, and from the looks of it, Canada's Wonderland is the "Cedar Point" of Canada. I especially wanna try out Leviathan and Behemoth. I've been on Millennium Force a few times, and the theme park over where I live (Carowinds) has a ride called Intimidator, which is very similiar to Behemoth.

I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain a couple weeks back and... let's just say Tatsu is the best roller coaster ever made. No, don't try to refute that. No coaster on Earth can compare to its majesty. Sure, other rides may be faster or higher or more scary, but Tatsu is the most fun you can have in 3 minutes. And that includes watching ponies.

No way! Haha Magic Mountain is fun isn't it? Tatsu is fun, but X2 is so intense it just outweighs everything there in my opinion.

No way! Haha Magic Mountain is fun isn't it? Tatsu is fun, but X2 is so intense it just outweighs everything there in my opinion.

That's what I always hear people say, but I have been on X2 and the original X (Which headbanged me to death). I guess that it's just not my cup of tea.

That's what I always hear people say, but I have been on X2 and the original X (Which headbanged me to death). I guess that it's just not my cup of tea.

Meh, it's all about opinion. I hate heights so I don't particularly enjoy Goliath, but X2 was just intense and all around awesome (maybe because it was my first rollercoaster, not sure)

Let's see what theme parks I've been to......

-Cedar Point

-Every Orlando Disney park

-The Universal parks in Orlando

-SeaWorld Orlando

-Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg

-Carowinds (This is the local theme park)

-This crappy theme park in Colombia

X2 is one of the most intense rides ever. It was the worlds first 4th dimension roller coaster. Tatsu is just fun. I love the location. Actually the entirety of Magic Mountain is just awesome. The only ride I can't stand is the Green Lantern. It just seems like it was thrown at us. It is a factory model, meaning it is mass produced. I really don't like that ride.

• Brohoof 1

X2 is one of the most intense rides ever. It was the worlds first 4th dimension roller coaster. Tatsu is just fun. I love the location. Actually the entirety of Magic Mountain is just awesome. The only ride I can't stand is the Green Lantern. It just seems like it was thrown at us. It is a factory model, meaning it is mass produced. I really don't like that ride.

I actually thought that Green Lantern was one of the most painful rides I have been on.

Though for 2013, the ride I'm looking forward to the most at this point is Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City...It just looks so freakin awesome (I mean come on... a wood coaster with two barrel rolls and a 81 degree drop!?!?) Hopefully I could visit SDC during opening weekend since it's a seven hour drive from me B) .

And let's hope that SFOT will get a new coaster next year too....

Edited by coastercrutchfield
  • Brohoof 1

Haha I like your description of X2

I actually thought that Green Lantern was one of the most painful rides I have been on.

Though for 2013, the ride I'm looking forward to the most at this point is Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City...It just looks so freakin awesome (I mean come on... a wood coaster with two barrel rolls and a 81 degree drop!?!?) Hopefully I could visit SDC during opening weekend since it's a seven hour drive from me B) .

Yes indeed, Green Lantern makes your stomach turn into Applebloom's cupcakes. It's horrible.

Oh man I know Outlaw Run will be just awesome. Don't forget the outside banked curve. It banks you outside at 170 degrees. It just looks awesome.

I really love roller coasters, although I'm a bit scared of them. I guess that makes them even more fun! I've gone on some sweet ones at Disneyland, although I don't really remember that well. There's a nice theme park within 30 minutes from where I live, so that's pretty convenient.

I really love roller coasters, although I'm a bit scared of them. I guess that makes them even more fun! I've gone on some sweet ones at Disneyland, although I don't really remember that well. There's a nice theme park within 30 minutes from where I live, so that's pretty convenient.

Wow you live that close to a theme park. Do you know what it's called. Disneyland is pretty short when it comes to roller coasters though... DIsneyland only has 4 coasters... It really needs another big ticket ride like California Screamin'. That ride is really cool.

Wow you live that close to a theme park. Do you know what it's called. Disneyland is pretty short when it comes to roller coasters though... DIsneyland only has 4 coasters... It really needs another big ticket ride like California Screamin'. That ride is really cool.

Yeah, it's the Pacific National Exhibition. A small portion of it is generally open from April to September each year, although during a couple weeks in August the entire park is opened up. The site can probably explain better than I can. But yeah, it's quite nice living so close to it.

Yeah, it's the Pacific National Exhibition. A small portion of it is generally open from April to September each year, although during a couple weeks in August the entire park is opened up. The site can probably explain better than I can. But yeah, it's quite nice living so close to it.

Dang that looks like an awesome park. The roller coasters look thrilling and actually pretty large.

Haha, you would be suprised at how close alot of us live to theme parks. I live about 7-10 minutes from Magic Mountain.

That's cool. I live about 45 min from Six Flags Over Texas, which is not too close, but then again it's not that far.

I really want to go to UC Irvine just for its proximity to Disneyland and Knotts... and I guess it has pretty good academics too...hahah

Whoa Scootabloom, that's awesome. Do you live in the SCV?

Edited by coastercrutchfield

Haha, you would be suprised at how close alot of us live to theme parks. I live about 7-10 minutes from Magic Mountain.

That's cool. I live about 45 min from Six Flags Over Texas, which is not too close, but then again it's not that far.

I really want to go to UC Irvine just for its proximity to Disneyland and Knotts... and I guess it has pretty good academics to...hahah

You guys are making me jelly. That's just not fair guys. The closest park to me is 3 hours away...

I really want to go to UC Irvine just for its proximity to Disneyland and Knotts... and I guess it has pretty good academics to...hahah

Whoa Scootabloom, that's awesome. Do you live in the SCV?

Yessirma'amsir. It's pretty awesome down here. Don't want to give out too many details though since thats unsafe though lol.

Dang that looks like an awesome park. The roller coasters look thrilling and actually pretty large.

Yep, it's pretty awesome. In August there's lots of cool stuff like concerts, shows, and food, in addition to a much larger selection of rides.

Yessirma'amsir. It's pretty awesome down here. Don't want to give out too many details though since thats unsafe though lol.

Haha I'm a dude (even though my signature may be a bit girly...but hey, I didn't make it.)

I used to live there and I have family that lives in Newhall, so I still visit quite often and I know my way around pretty well.

I still wished I lived there... I loved it so much. I probably visited SFMM at least 4-5 times a month.

Haha I'm a dude (even though my signature may be a bit girly...but hey, I didn't make it.)

I used to live there and I have family that lives in Newhall, so I still visit quite often and I know my way around pretty well.

I still wished I lived there... I loved it so much. I probably visited SFMM at least 4-5 times a month.

Yeah, Six Flags Magic Mountain is amazing.. And Disneyland is only like 45 minutes away.. So it's like win win.

http://www.themepark...217272#p1217272 Here's an update on CGA's new wooden roller coaster. This looks pretty cool, but I'm waiting for more on Outlaw Run.

Hmmm... for now it sort of looks like any other GCI to me. Hopefully it will pan out to be a pretty good coaster since GCI doesn't disappoint.

And one more thing... It surprises how much press Dollywood gets, and yet SDC gets almost no recognition. I have been to both, and I actually like SDC more than Dollywood. Yes, the themes are pretty similar, but it seems like SDC has a nice warmer feel than Dollywood in my opinion. Hopefully Outlaw will give this park a huge rep. The other coasters there like Wildfire and Powder Keg are amazing too.

Hmmm... for now it sort of looks like any other GCI to me. Hopefully it will pan out to be a pretty good coaster since GCI doesn't disappoint.

And one more thing... It surprises how much press Dollywood gets, and yet SDC gets almost no recognition. I have been to both, and I actually like SDC more than Dollywood. Yes, the themes are pretty similar, but it seems like SDC has a nice warmer feel than Dollywood in my opinion. Hopefully Outlaw will give this park a huge rep. The other coasters there like Wildfire and Powder Keg are amazing too.

I know, Dollywood has ok coasters, but SDC has taken coasters to new levels. I think the only reason Dollywood gets all the press is because it is owned by a famous singer.