Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Roller Coaster Enthusiast thread

Dusty Soul

Mall of America has 2 roller coasters that are actually worth your time. One of them is a Eurofighter and the other is a spinning roller coaster.

Don't they also have a halfpipe coaster themed after Avatar (The cartoon of course)? I rode the one at Elitch Gardens a few years ago and it was pretty fun!

Don't they also have a halfpipe coaster themed after Avatar (The cartoon of course)? I rode the one at Elitch Gardens a few years ago and it was pretty fun!

They do, but I don't consider it a roller coaster. It is a really fun ride. I never felt so free in my entire life.

They do, but I don't consider it a roller coaster. It is a really fun ride. I never felt so free in my entire life.

Yea I guess that's debatable.

Wow, this has basically turned into the "coastercrutchfield and Dusty Soul talk about weird nerdy coaster stuff thread." XD

(edited)

Yea I guess that's debatable.

Wow, this has basically turned into the "coastercrutchfield and Dusty Soul talk about weird nerdy coaster stuff thread." XD

Basically...:3. Because we are probably the 2 only real roller coaster enthusiasts on these forums. (I know that is debatable, but you know this thread is popular with only 12 users...)

I spoke too soon...

Edited by Dusty Soul

I suddenly have the random desire to drive 45 minutes to Disneyland and ride Astro Mountain and Thunder Mountain multiple times.

Don't forget the Matterhorn! It's still one of my favorites!

Basically...:3. Because we are probably the 2 only real roller coaster enthusiasts on these forums. (I know that is debatable, but you know this thread is popular with only 12 users...)

I spoke too soon...

Well, I still would rather post on this thread than TPR or something. Not to be rude or anything but I find most of the people on that thread to be sort of bitter and mean.

I've almost been banned for responding in a dead thread before :blink:

• Brohoof 3

I've been to a few roller coaster parks before, some even foreign. But Cedar Point is definitely the best out there. No other park beats it in the sheer amount of coasters, most holding high ratings and even some records. Best yet, they continue to add to their count, and breaking new records while they're at it!

~~

Well, I still would rather post on this thread than TPR or something. Not to be rude or anything but I find most of the people on that thread to be sort of bitter and mean.

Oh I agree with you. TPR members and the staff can be quite mean at times. I don't normally post on TPR because of this. Almost being banned for responding to a dead post just sounds dumb.

I've been to a few roller coaster parks before, some even foreign. But Cedar Point is definitely the best out there. No other park beats it in the sheer amount of coasters, most holding high ratings and even some records. Best yet, they continue to add to their count, and breaking new records while they're at it!

~~

Cedar Point is a great park (even though it's not my favorite). Magic Mountain has more coasters. Most do hold high ratings. Milineum Force is repeatedly called one of the best roller coasters of all time. I don't think any of them hold records now. The new ride will break records though. I can't wait for that. So Cedar Point is a great park.

Don't forget the Matterhorn! It's still one of my favorites!

Matterhorn is indeed awesome. I really wanna go right now. Disneyland is so much fun. Magic Mountain is fun too.

Matterhorn is indeed awesome. I really wanna go right now. Disneyland is so much fun. Magic Mountain is fun too.

Matterhorn is a piece of roller coaster history and I really want to ride it. It just seems cool to ride on the first steel coaster ever.
  • Brohoof 1

Cedar Point is a great park (even though it's not my favorite). Magic Mountain has more coasters. Most do hold high ratings. Milineum Force is repeatedly called one of the best roller coasters of all time. I don't think any of them hold records now. The new ride will break records though. I can't wait for that. So Cedar Point is a great park.

Oh my bad; thanks for the correction. I should have fact checked before posting. I haven't been that in the coaster-loop much these days. ^_^

~~

~~

Yep! Cedar Point is an awesome park!

Welcome to the Roller Coaster Thread! Let me show you around and introduce you to the crew:

We have:

Dusty Soul: Park Enthusiast that want's to live closer to a theme park, but still loves them.

Scootabloom: Lives near Magic Mountain and has frequent urges to visit Disneyland

FordFan99: Lives near Canada's Wonderland and Plays RCT sometimes

ScottishUnicorn: Has been to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, but is scared Sh*tless by coasters

Sugar Plum: Went to Cedar Point in 2010

Fizzydog: Is a Disaster Transport Fanboy

Pony Joe: A major Tatsu fan

Mr.Pillow: Has apparently been to a few Euro Parks

Miss Sweetie Belle: Another CW Fan

Khasimir: Uses the RCT Lounge

akimBrony: Likes Cedar Point and wishes for a trip to CW

Seriousity: Lives in Canada and is proud of that

pactor: Likes SFNE and Lake Compounce

Magicon: Another person who likes parks in the northeast

glitterlicious: Another Cedar Point fan

MrFox: Loves Desperado and the log ride too at BB

and myself : a weirdo that has a wall full of park maps!

Edited by coastercrutchfield
  • Brohoof 2

"Six Flags St. Louis today announced plans to add a new steel coaster, Boomerang, to the park’s already extensive line-up of thrills. In 2013, Boomerang will become the park’s ninth coaster, bringing a new experience to guests with its unique combination of thrill elements. Six Flags St. Louis is currently home to more roller coasters than any other theme park in Missouri.

Boomerang combines a mix of twists, turns and loops unlike any other coaster experience at the park. The 28-passenger trains are pulled up 125 feet backward to the top of the first lift hill and then released to shoot out through the 1,650 feet of track at up to 50 mph. Guests will sail through a half loop, then into a right half cork screw, a left half cork screw and finally another half loop. And just when guests think they are done, the trains fly through a full loop before climbing a second lift hill. Staying true to its name, Boomerang takes guests full circle to where they began sweeping through the spirals, loops, twists and turns again.

“Boomerang puts a new twist, literally, on the coaster thrills at Six Flags St. Louis,” said Dave Roemer, Six Flags St. Louis park president. “We already offer more rollers coasters than any other theme park in Missouri, now we are adding new elements like the cobra roll and half loops to bring our guests new thrills!”

Boomerang is scheduled to open spring 2013 and it will be located in the Illinois section of the park."

Got this from TPR, the way they describe it, it's like it's a RCT coaster.

"Six Flags St. Louis today announced plans to add a new steel coaster, Boomerang, to the park’s already extensive line-up of thrills. In 2013, Boomerang will become the park’s ninth coaster, bringing a new experience to guests with its unique combination of thrill elements. Six Flags St. Louis is currently home to more roller coasters than any other theme park in Missouri.

Boomerang combines a mix of twists, turns and loops unlike any other coaster experience at the park. The 28-passenger trains are pulled up 125 feet backward to the top of the first lift hill and then released to shoot out through the 1,650 feet of track at up to 50 mph. Guests will sail through a half loop, then into a right half cork screw, a left half cork screw and finally another half loop. And just when guests think they are done, the trains fly through a full loop before climbing a second lift hill. Staying true to its name, Boomerang takes guests full circle to where they began sweeping through the spirals, loops, twists and turns again.

“Boomerang puts a new twist, literally, on the coaster thrills at Six Flags St. Louis,” said Dave Roemer, Six Flags St. Louis park president. “We already offer more rollers coasters than any other theme park in Missouri, now we are adding new elements like the cobra roll and half loops to bring our guests new thrills!”

Boomerang is scheduled to open spring 2013 and it will be located in the Illinois section of the park."

Got this from TPR, the way they describe it, it's like it's a RCT coaster.

Yea I read that too and it made me lol. I'm not sure if you have ever seen any of my posts (I tend to stick to the random forum since it's the least likely place that I would be flamed at) you can see that my title is "Giant Idiot". That one post on a dead thread earned me that marvelous title - http://themeparkrevi...profile&u=63294 (and yes I do have the same avatar)

Yea I read that too and it made me lol. I'm not sure if you have ever seen any of my posts (I tend to stick to the random forum since it's the least likely place that I would be flamed at) you can see that my title is "Giant Idiot". That one post on a dead thread earned me that marvelous title - http://themeparkrevi...profile&u=63294 (and yes I do have the same avatar)

Really I can't believe they have a "Giant Idiot" title... That sucks. Yeah that probably explains why I don't see you very often.

Yep! Cedar Point is an awesome park!

Welcome to the Roller Coaster Thread! Let me show you around and introduce you to the crew:

We have:

Dusty Soul: Park Enthusiast that want's to live closer to a theme park, but still loves them.

Scootabloom: Lives near Magic Mountain and has frequent urges to visit Disneyland

FordFan99: Lives near Canada's Wonderland and Plays RCT sometimes

ScottishUnicorn: Has been to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, but is scared Sh*tless by coasters

Sugar Plum: Went to Cedar Point in 2010

Fizzydog: Is a Disaster Transport Fanboy

Pony Joe: A major Tatsu fan

Mr.Pillow: Has apparently been to a few Euro Parks

Miss Sweetie Belle: Another CW Fan

Khasimir: Uses the RCT Lounge

akimBrony: Likes Cedar Point and wishes for a trip to CW

Seriousity: Lives in Canada and is proud of that

pactor: Likes SFNE and Lake Compounce

Magicon: Another person who likes parks in the northeast

glitterlicious: Another Cedar Point fan

MrFox: Loves Desperado and the log ride too at BB

and myself : a weirdo that has a wall full of park maps!

Thanks!

Glad to be a part of your group.

Matterhorn is a piece of roller coaster history and I really want to ride it. It just seems cool to ride on the first steel coaster ever.

Indeed it is, I've been on it a few times, and it never seems to get old. I actually rode it when I was a kid, and it quite frightened me. Though not because it was a roller coaster, but because of its atmosphere (weird I know).

~~

(edited)

Thanks!

Glad to be a part of your group.

Indeed it is, I've been on it a few times, and it never seems to get old. I actually rode it when I was a kid, and it quite frightened me. Though not because it was a roller coaster, but because of its atmosphere (weird I know).

~~

I wouldn't say that's weird. It does have some wicked good themeing. Even though the top speed is only 18 MPH it still can pack a punch.

And Welcome to the group

Edited by Dusty Soul

Really I can't believe they have a "Giant Idiot" title... That sucks. Yeah that probably explains why I don't see you very often.

Well, the only time I ever really post something related to coasters there is if I link one of my youtube videos.

My title used to be "I'm not sure if you know this but I AM AN IDIOT", but then I asked the title fairy for a new one, and she gave me my current one. I've tried to post positive things there, but I all would get back is a negative response. (The only positive ones I get are from the people who love my videos.)

I'm sure you might have also seen the title, "A village is missing its IDIOT!"

Well, the only time I ever really post something related to coasters there is if I link one of my youtube videos.

My title used to be "I'm not sure if you know this but I AM AN IDIOT", but then I asked the title fairy for a new one, and she gave me my current one. I've tried to post positive things there, but I all would get back is a negative response. (The only positive ones I get are from the people who love my videos.)

I'm sure you might have also seen the title, "A village is missing its IDIOT!"

I've seen that title... It's actually (in my opinion) rude to say that...I really don't like posting on TPR. I only have like 4 posts. I mostly just read all I can on it then absorb it into memory.

I've seen that title... It's actually (in my opinion) rude to say that...I really don't like posting on TPR. I only have like 4 posts. I mostly just read all I can on it then absorb it into memory.

Yea, I mean if one of the mods saw any of my negative post on here though.. it would automatically result in a permanent ban.

The only other people that I might talk to on there is the other bronies like "Ace of Spades" , "MayTheGForceBeWithYou", "SFMM Fanboy", "MontagnaMagica" , and "midgetman88" (even though he is a closet brony).

Maybe I should send them all messages about the topic on this forum so that we could have more enthusiasts on here (that like ponies of course)

Edit: I just sent all of them a nice pm on TPR, hopefully I could get some of them to join our cool discussion on here!

• Brohoof 1

It worked! :P I'll see if I can get anyone from COASTER-net to join too!... And might as well get some of the Roller Coaster Wikians here as well! Bringing two of the most fun-loving fandoms together has to be a good thing!

Yea that will be great! It would be totally amazing if we could get a small little enthusiast group going! (And you could also show your love for ponies too haha!)

This is going to sound crazy but I have never been on a roller coaster before and... I I don't really have any desire too I mean if I had the chance I would but I wouldn't go out and pay money I would rather go swimming or something :lol: