Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Roller Coaster Enthusiast thread

Dusty Soul

This is going to sound crazy but I have never been on a roller coaster before and... I I don't really have any desire too I mean if I had the chance I would but I wouldn't go out and pay money I would rather go swimming or something :lol:

WHAT?! YOU MUST GO ON ONE NOW! SERIOUSLY, I WAS REALLLYYY SCARED MY FIRST GO SINCE IM AFRAID OF HEIGHTS BUT ITS ACTUALLY REALLY FUN. TRY IT OUT!
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm, don't know if this would count as a roller coaster, but I loved certain Knott's Berry Farm rides.

Well this is sort of turning into a theme park talk thread anyway. So just talk away as long as it has to do with amusement parks!

• Brohoof 1

WHAT?! YOU MUST GO ON ONE NOW! SERIOUSLY, I WAS REALLLYYY SCARED MY FIRST GO SINCE IM AFRAID OF HEIGHTS BUT ITS ACTUALLY REALLY FUN. TRY IT OUT!

Everyone always says that hahaha, I will some day but right now I dont really have an interest I am more interested in spinning balls of fire around my body, and yea my first time going on one I would probably be so terrified... I wouldn't be able to think...about how terrified I am...about the roller coaster... I would just be really really scared. Edited by Flame Dancer

Everyone always says that hahaha, I will some day but right now I dont really have an interest I am more interested in spinning balls of fire around my body, and yea my first time going on one I would probably be so terrified... I wouldn't be able to think...about how terrified I am...about the roller coaster.

Lol. Everyone says that because it's true. My first ride was the scariest ride there, and one of the scariest in US, X2. My first ride. EVER. It was intensively scary, especially when I found out we were going backwards upside down, but it turned out EPIC!
  • Brohoof 1

It's rather funny, I never would have thought I'd become so obsessed with roller coasters. I was absolutely petrified of them when I was little. Now, there is no fear left! I love those g-forces!

Come to think of it, neither of my two most major obsessions were expected... My Little Pony and roller coasters. Huh... I didn't see either of those two coming!

• Brohoof 2

It's rather funny, I never would have thought I'd become so obsessed with roller coasters. I was absolutely petrified of them when I was little. Now, there is no fear left! I love those g-forces!

Come to think of it, neither of my two most major obsessions were expected... My Little Pony and roller coasters. Huh... I didn't see either of those two coming!

Firstly, your avatar is freaking awesome. I was the same way. I rode on one when I was 5 and I was petrified until I turned 11, thats when I started riding them. I had been studying the structure and such off ride.

My first loop-d-loop coaster was the ninja at Six Flags :D! Since then I have loved roller coasters, I will ride anything any park has to offer! They had this ride called Acrophobia and basically the ride brings you up slowly to the top. They start a countdown and during the middle of the countdown they drop you without anyone knowing xD!!

Acrophobia

Edited by GoneAirbourne

My first loop-d-loop coaster was the ninja at Six Flags :D! Since then I have loved roller coasters, I will ride anything any park has to offer! They had this ride called Acrophobia and basically the ride brings you up slowly to the top. They start a countdown and during the middle of the countdown they drop you without anyone knowing xD!!

Acrophobia

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS-wNQAaSsk

Ooh a drop tower. I've never been able to get on one of those. Ninja is a killer ride, when it runs well that is.
  • Brohoof 1

Ooh a drop tower. I've never been able to get on one of those. Ninja is a killer ride, when it runs well that is.

It was so awesome! When I rode it they had us spinning in mid-air while doing a countdown. Then without anyone knowing

Posted Image= my face xD

• Brohoof 2

I nearly had a heart attack and cried after the ride on the joker in Six Flags. When I went on the apocalypse, I thought I was going to die, but the ride was actually kinda okay and not too scary.

Apocalypse is actually the first stand up B&M ride ever built. The Joker is scary, because of the whole spaghetti bowl track thing.
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I've always liked roller coasters (I think I started playing RCT when I was around 5 or 6), but the MLP thing sort of hit me on the side of the head like a brick!

And I'd agree that your avatar is awesome! Didn't you call it Lyraviathan or something like that? XD

• Brohoof 2

Well, I've always liked roller coasters (I think I started playing RCT when I was around 5 or 6), but the MLP thing sort of hit me on the side of the head like a brick!

Similar history with me. Loved coasters ever since I rode Space Mountain after Tomorrowland reopened in 1998 (Though Jaguar at Knott's may have been my first. Still within that year, though).

A friend convinced me to watch one episode of the show after I saw him with a Derpy shirt. Yeah, didn't expect to be here ever!

PS Thanks for referring me here from TPR! (MayTheGForceBeWithYou)

• Brohoof 2

You know what roller coaster I think is really overrated... Intimidator 305. It's really short and honestly it's not that fun. The only thing it's got going for it in my eyes is the fact that it's over 300 feet tall.

(MayTheGForceBeWithYou)

That is awesome, your welcome. I'm going to use that some time.

Has anyone here ever had thir first ride be the scariest at the park? It's truly thrilling and makes everything awesome

Nope sadly not. My first real roller coaster was Corkscrew at Michigan's Adventures. That was actually pretty fun.

For me, I really like Disney World's rollercoasters.

Are they the scariest? No.

Are they the fastest? Not by a longshot.

But what gets me is the THEMEING. The atmosphere of each of the rollercoasters there builds you up for an epic ride.

For me, I really like Disney World's rollercoasters.

Are they the scariest? No.

Are they the fastest? Not by a longshot.

But what gets me is the THEMEING. The atmosphere of each of the rollercoasters there builds you up for an epic ride.

I agree the Themeing at Disney world is unmatched Check out the themeing at Tokyo Disney seas. It is truly amazing.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
  • Brohoof 1

Similar history with me. Loved coasters ever since I rode Space Mountain after Tomorrowland reopened in 1998 (Though Jaguar at Knott's may have been my first. Still within that year, though).

A friend convinced me to watch one episode of the show after I saw him with a Derpy shirt. Yeah, didn't expect to be here ever!

Hey! No problem dude! It's awesome that we are starting to get more people on here!

I agree the Themeing at Disney world is unmatched Check out the themeing at Tokyo Disney seas. It is truly amazing.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ahh yes, Tokyo Disney Sea... probably one of the most beautiful parks in the world!

Luckily, your first roller coaster was Jaguar. That is probably the funnest (what I consider) junior roller coaster in existence.
  • Brohoof 2

Wow, I don't even remember what my first coaster was...but I think it might have been Judge Roy Scream at SFOT...I'm not 100% sure though. There is also a chance that it may have been Canyon Blaster at SFMM too...ugghhh I don't know :/

Edited by coastercrutchfield

My first roller coaster was the Howler at Holiday World. That's the reason I was to afraid to go on any roller coasters for around 7 years. I studied up on them though and needless to say I became known as the roller coaster expert in school. I even started building one myself.

I may not have the money or time to travel and go to amusement parks, but the one closest to me is Silverwood (about an hour and a half)

They added a pretty sick coaster semi recently that hits 100mph and goes backwards.

My first roller coaster was the Howler at Holiday World. That's the reason I was to afraid to go on any roller coasters for around 7 years. I studied up on them though and needless to say I became known as the roller coaster expert in school. I even started building one myself.

That's awesome!

I really wish that I knew someone that is at least a bit knowledgeable about theme parks at my school...I have any enthusiast friends in real life :( (Though I do have real brony friends :) )