Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help coming up with a name!

SnoNight

imo the white mane would seem right with the sandy coat. How bout a dull brownish? or a tanish sort of color. Like the snout or stripes but little different. Makes her see more like she from the desert. If thats ok with u ofcourse. Its ur choice... maybe i should just stop saying my opinions...

The dull brown or a light shade of brown with a streak of brown in her mane would be a good fit for her. I was thinking that she would unintentionally introduce the mane six to a prickly pear beverage, something she found on her journey, when she would come to Ponyville for a rest. And you can voice your opinion on here, I don't mind

I was thinking of her looking something like this. Maybe a little darker on her base coat. I just don't want her to look really pale. And the outline for her mane and tail could be the same shade as the brown streak. Paint is the only drawing program I have.

post-7413-0-32443300-1345918958_thumb.png

The dull brown or a light shade of brown with a streak of brown in her mane would be a good fit for her. I was thinking that she would unintentionally introduce the mane six to a prickly pear beverage, something she found on her journey, when she would come to Ponyville for a rest. And you can voice your opinion on here, I don't mind

I was thinking of her looking something like this. Maybe a little darker on her base coat. I just don't want her to look really pale. And the outline for her mane and tail could be the same shade as the brown streak. Paint is the only drawing program I have.

I think u should of left the coloring to Shadow Chaser. That... actually doesn't look bad. Good in fact. The color scheme i mean. Ur not great at paint... then again who is?

Maybe if Shadow could actually make it look better... i think u would have ur OC.

I can see her being a pony that likes to cook as well as fly. Her colours just kind of give off that vibe, same with her height and cutesy pudge. uwu Maybe for some sort of pun with her name soar creme? Soar, kind of like sour? There's a lot of fantastic recipes that use sour creme, and since she flies.. yeah, you get it. And her coat (Well the main colour of it) is a creamy colour, so.. I dunno, aha..

@AnonBrony I realize I'm not good at coloring on computers. No need to further point it out.

@Jinxie Soar=sour :lol: But I was thinking more along the line of 'Don't knock it until you try it' Like when ponies see the stripes and wings, they shouldn't second guess. Same with the prickly pear.

Alaula [A-loo-la] *Hawaiian for Light of Dawn which is similar to horizon

This seems the most appropriate.

1. "Light of Dawn" gives a black and white feeling, which suits her physical appearance.

2. It also fills in with her personality.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I've decided on the name:

Alaula [A-loo-la]

@Jalaton first mentioned that her name would be Horizon since that is when the earth meets the sky, both times of the day. The meaning of Alaula is "light of dawn or sunset glow". And I thought that was clever, based on her back story which is the following:

Her mother is a zebra; her father a pegasus. Grew up on land [Not in Equestria, probably where Zecora is from], but isn't afraid to venture up in the clouds. She doesn't have her cutie mark. She basically gave up on forcing herself to try and find it and thought it would come easier if it found her. She's traveled on hoof throughout Equestria rather than flying because having a close up look of something different is better than a general overview. Open to trying new things. Kind of embarrassed of ponies finding out she's a pegasus because the stripes and wings bewilder ponies more. However, she's not afraid of soaring in the clouds like the rest of the pegasi.

She's around the same age as the mane 6. And I think her base coat would be the same or similar color as Pound Cake [The Cakes son] and that would be maybe her pallet with the dark brown.

But thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions. Thanks to AnonBrony, Shadow Chase, and Jalaton!

Don't know how to close this thread, but this thread is close.

post-7413-0-15785800-1347321214_thumb.png