Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was anyone bullied/harassed for being a brony?

SugarSprinkledFox

When school was still in in art class two people next to me were having a conversation, and I couldn't help but over-hear one of them say "I'm not a brony". I got excited and turned to him and said "BRONIES?!?!?!?!". He then looked at me like I was crazy, so I then got quiet. Two days later in art class again I wore my shirt that said "brony" (because why not?). The two boys then said "you're a brony?", I shook my head yes, smiled and blushed (I was excited xD). Then they both looked at each other and chuckled, they then said "okay". I wasn't thinking straight at the time so I ignored it. then next week in art class again I wore a different MLP related T-shirt. So I sat down and in the middle of class I guess I weirded them out (I'm a weird person c:) and then one said "You perverted pony humping faggot". On the outside I acted like it was a playful insult and laughed it off, but inside I was crying.

Has anyone had similar experiences? If so, share them!

• Brohoof 20

Meh.Similar this kid on the internet was calling me gay,but I never replied to him,and blocked him forever.Now I have to be careful in highschool.I already have a MLP backback,and I dont want to wear a MLP shirt with the backpack.Or I will look like a real ponyfag.Other than that,I have to watch out.

I'm not sure If this thread was made already.

Edited by Flutter derp
  • Brohoof 2

I have not experienced that because I just recently became a brony myself and I honestly feel that anybody I told that I don't trust(which is most people) would harass me, including my parents and family, however my younger brother(by 8 years) saw me watching this one day and laughed at me and said that I was watching a little girl's show. I feel like I'm in a hole, because I can't tell anybody about this, but at the same time I don't see what this would change. I'm still as me as I can be whether people know that I'm a brony or not.

• Brohoof 3

Well, first, let me apologize for their ignorant asshat attitude. I don't personally count myself as a "Brony" because I'm female. And YES I realize the term is supposedly gender flexible, but I prefer the term Pegasister :3 I don't think I've ever been bullied for LOVING ponies, in fact, most people just sort of smile at me or ask questions about ponies, or end up getting into the hobby themselves because of me.

But in regards to bronies BEING bullied? I have LEFT forums because of their obnoxious, holier than thou, rude attitudes about bronies. Old School collectors (Like myself) are usually of one mind: Bronies are IDIOTS who just want one thing: show accurate toys and the death of anything to do with the roots of My Little Pony.

I don't take this attitude: in fact, Bronies are the new life blood of the MLP franchise (which was otherwise DYING before Friendship is Magic). What old school Pony lovers need to realize is this: what Bronies lack is Education about the old generations. Each old generation had their own charms, and contributed their own important bits to what MLP is today. Instead of just shutting Bronies out as ignorant, we should teach and be friendly to those who are interested. I think Bronies in general would appreciate more their FIM of today if they knew where their ponies came from and learned with an open mind. :) I've defended bronies where most old schoolers like myself have just pissed and moaned about how much Bronies suck. ^^; I think it's honestly because of this board: there's a different breed of brony here. They seem to be a lot more open minded and interested in the history of MLP, which is a good thing :) And I LOVE teaching what I know. ^^ Its fun for me.

• Brohoof 7

Just because someone doesn't like something you like and decide to act like jerks, although they don't share the same interest is it doesn't give them the right to bully you; if any conflict escolates get help, whomever it might be.

• Brohoof 1

@, I had a similar thing dealing with kids being picked on because I was a furry.. In a way I ignored them most of the time and they apologized as the school staff got involved

Posted Image

I think of this dude talking to those kids when I was in school... telling them how wrong it is to judge a book by its cover... Alex Louis Armstrong... he is amazing character in fullmetal alchemist... I would want him as my friend even if it creep me out each time he flexed his muscles like a boss.

Edited by Ethan Pow
  • Brohoof 7

Meh.Similar this kid on the internet was calling me gay,but I never replied to him,and blocked him forever.Now I have to be careful in highschool.I already have a MLP backback,and I dont want to wear a MLP shirt with the backpack.Or I will look like a real ponyfag.Other than that,I have to watch out.

Wearing a shirt is one thing,but It takes some real balls to wear a backpack xD

I don't think so, I searched some tags and didn't find anything before I made this thread.

• Brohoof 1

When school was still in in art class two people next to me were having a conversation, and I couldn't help but over-hear one of them say "I'm not a brony". I got excited and turned to him and said "BRONIES?!?!?!?!". He then looked at me like I was crazy, so I then got quiet. Two days later in art class again I wore my shirt that said "brony" (because why not?). The two boys then said "you're a brony?", I shook my head yes, smiled and blushed (I was excited xD). Then they both looked at each other and chuckled, they then said "okay". I wasn't thinking straight at the time so I ignored it. then next week in art class again I wore a different MLP related T-shirt. So I sat down and in the middle of class I guess I weirded them out (I'm a weird person c:) and then one said "You perverted pony humping faggot". On the outside I acted like it was a playful insult and laughed it off, but inside I was crying.

Has anyone had similar experiences? If so, share them!

Are you really female? Or are you transgendered and put female as your gender?

The reason I ask is because women don't really "hump"...

Anyways! I've never been bullied unfortunately. I don't know why though, I was a pretty blatant Brony. Now that I'm in college I probably won't have another chance to be bullied again :[ people are too accepting here.

I was going to give advice, but then I noticed this isn't in life advice xD

Dude, work out and get buffed... make goals and reach them and wear that backpack... wear it like a BOSS.

• Brohoof 4

Not at all. Most people don't understand it and dismiss it as me just being me. I'm known as being pretty weird. My friends know, my not-so-friends know, my teachers, and football teammates know, they don't care. I'm pretty open about it as well.

Ever since I first came out about being a brony, And I made it quite clear, many people chose to insult and hate me. I never really cared about what they called me though.... it STILL does not bother me. and I have been called every name that you can think of (probably)

But I dont really care, If they choose to be ignorant haters who like to ruin others people's day then so be it. But I will never give them satisfaction.

Wearing a shirt is one thing,but It takes some real balls to wear a backpack xD

It's not one of those girly backpacks meant for 5 year olds.It's that one backpack from we love fine with the mane 6.

BTY I'm not a ponyfag.

Edited by Flutter derp
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Are you really female? Or are you transgendered and put female as your gender?

The reason I ask is because women don't really "hump"...

My sex is female, but I am gender-fluid, which is why my pony OC is male.

Now that I think about it what they said makes no sense, but it still bothers me. :U

Edited by Alex Pony

Luckily I've not had to deal with anyone giving me trouble for it. The worst I got was a girl at work, who said "Oh, dear God... not another one!" and then laughed and offered to introduce me to some friends of hers who are bronies.

I know some people who think it's weird, though. We just don't discuss ponies.

I've never been bulled, for liking MLP, but I've been assaulted on the internet. I just ignore them, they will get bored and go away.

Edited by Bobthecableman

show accurate toys and the death of anything to do with the roots of My Little Pony.

DEATH TO THE ROOTS!!!

lol jk, but what fans of the older shows and collectors need to realize is that the older generations hit their target audience dead on. Those shows ARE for little girls in every way. Generation 4 is the only generation to slide off it's mark and hit another target audience. Bronies don't love the MLP franchise, they love MLP fim. Everything else mine as well be a different franchise entirely. Thats the way I view them anyways. Not to mention that fact that I just think they are uglier in the older generations anyways and all the characters are flat.

• Brohoof 4

Now that I think about it what they said makes no sense, but it still bothers me. :U

Oh good! That means you have the higher ground and the upper hand! Since I was never bullied ever, the only bully interaction I ever got was from my friends' bullies. After awhile they stopped being bullied. I wonder why ;P

You just have to have a condescending attitude towards haters. That is step 1.

Hmm... not really... most of my non-brony friends are cool about it, though some may tease me (but all in good fun.) I've been bullied for it in real life, or have had anything that was really negative directed towards me (like name calling, ect.) I have had brony friends that have been bullied, but once I defended them, the hater would just leave.Though then again, who would want to mess with a 6'1" , 225 lbs football playing brony :P

post-7202-0-20987800-1345167976_thumb.png

Edited by coastercrutchfield
  • Brohoof 3

You reply with:

How can I be a faggot, if I only hump female ponies?

Be creative with your comebacks, who gives a shit about what they think afterwards.

But no, in college no one gives a rat's ass about what you like/dislike.

And I don't get together with the asshats from highschool, only with my good ol' pallies.

My cousin was a bit surprised, but he is an internet citizen, so he didn't think much about it.

Edited by Teh Boi
  • Brohoof 3

Well, first, let me apologize for their ignorant asshat attitude. I don't personally count myself as a "Brony" because I'm female. And YES I realize the term is supposedly gender flexible, but I prefer the term Pegasister :3 I don't think I've ever been bullied for LOVING ponies, in fact, most people just sort of smile at me or ask questions about ponies, or end up getting into the hobby themselves because of me.

But in regards to bronies BEING bullied? I have LEFT forums because of their obnoxious, holier than thou, rude attitudes about bronies. Old School collectors (Like myself) are usually of one mind: Bronies are IDIOTS who just want one thing: show accurate toys and the death of anything to do with the roots of My Little Pony.

I don't take this attitude: in fact, Bronies are the new life blood of the MLP franchise (which was otherwise DYING before Friendship is Magic). What old school Pony lovers need to realize is this: what Bronies lack is Education about the old generations. Each old generation had their own charms, and contributed their own important bits to what MLP is today. Instead of just shutting Bronies out as ignorant, we should teach and be friendly to those who are interested. I think Bronies in general would appreciate more their FIM of today if they knew where their ponies came from and learned with an open mind. :) I've defended bronies where most old schoolers like myself have just pissed and moaned about how much Bronies suck. ^^; I think it's honestly because of this board: there's a different breed of brony here. They seem to be a lot more open minded and interested in the history of MLP, which is a good thing :) And I LOVE teaching what I know. ^^ Its fun for me.

I honestly don't know much about the ponydom before FiM. Would you mind showing me around? :D I have a friend that has been a brony since around the time FiM started and has collected the ponies, but I still don't know that much.

How can I be a faggot, if I only hump female ponies?

Sir that is a terrible insult. It'll just make them laugh at her more. Never insult in the form of a question unless it's a really really witty question. That wasn't a witty question.
  • Brohoof 2

Ugh. My friends. There the best of friends but they act strange. My absolutely best friend occasionally says that MLP is for faggots and that he hates Bronies, and he actually means it too. Then there's my Brony friedn who says I overeact over MLP, I ask him why I overact and all he says is, "you......gotta......just......stop.......fapping......off.......to.....ponies.......man". All the while slapping his hand against his arm and making the most stupid face ever. Then there's that other friend that I tell him he should join the herd and he screams. "I'M NOT GOING TO JOIN YOUR GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT FAP TO PONIES!!!" And the weirdest thing is, the only people that say these kind of things are my friends. All the other people who know I'm a Brony don't care one bit.