Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was anyone bullied/harassed for being a brony?

SugarSprinkledFox

YES!! .__. *Sigh* I have had a lot of people make passing comments to me about being a Brony. Like they call me childish and stuff. I dont see why...but then again its their opinions...but still i have been harassed. Infact today some bitch was talking shit about me for drawing ponies, really??

Nah, my best friend jokingly picks on me about it, but he really doesn't care. I just realized we've known eachother for almost a decade now! Holy crap!... But yeah, I haven't really had much harassment.

YES!! .__. *Sigh* I have had a lot of people make passing comments to me about being a Brony. Like they call me childish and stuff. I dont see why...but then again its their opinions...but still i have been harassed. Infact today some bitch was talking shit about me for drawing ponies, really??

In your case, wouldn't it be being bullied for being a Pegasister? l0l. But honestly, since the thought of people not in the intended demographic of a TV show being fans of the said show (FiM) is quite bizzare to most people, they just think the person is merely childish, immature, and/or homo or bi. I'm going to be completely honest here. I used to bash Bronies, as I didn't understand why they liked the show. However, the part of me that had sense in it told me that there has to be more than meets the eye, and after my friend showed me the first episode of FiM, I then knew exactly why people like this show so much. Nowadays, I'm a Brony, and damn proud of it!

• Brohoof 1

As of right now I haven't been open about being a brony or anything... Haven't found anyone around me that is a brony either :(... The only people that i "know" are bronies are the people on this forum :/.

I plan on buying a mlp shirt that I really liked & I will wear it publicly :)

Posted Image

In your case, wouldn't it be being bullied for being a Pegasister? l0l. But honestly, since the thought of people not in the intended demographic of a TV show being fans of the said show (FiM) is quite bizzare to most people, they just think the person is merely childish, immature, and/or homo or bi. I'm going to be completely honest here. I used to bash Bronies, as I didn't understand why they liked the show. However, the part of me that had sense in it told me that there has to be more than meets the eye, and after my friend showed me the first episode of FiM, I then knew exactly why people like this show so much. Nowadays, I'm a Brony, and damn proud of it!

I did honestly wonder why people liked it. I didnt bash on people...but I always questioned "why do people like MLP?" It rather annoyed me..but then I watched the first episode and was like "Damn...now I know why"
  • Brohoof 1

never really been bullied, the kids just talked down towards the show. when i was at my new school i saw this kid talking to his friends (they dont watch mlp) about ponies. they didnt really seem to care so i joined in and started talking to him. the kid i was sitting next to just turned to me and was like "omfg you too?". "yuh :3". "god you guys are such faggots that shows so gay". we lold at him and then when he wasnt looking i drew a giant rainbow dash head on his worksheet. the rage that followed was priceless

• Brohoof 2

1: Work on your self confidence (yes!)

2: Get ripped (Not really but its good for self confidence)

3: Open up about being a brony (absolutely)

4: Beat the sh!t out of anyone who thinks it's funny or "gay"s (Not really necessarly unless your defending yourself from a fight or counter-troll)

True words from my childhood hero TOM from Toonami. He recently released a promo about what life is all about and its pretty good even when i'm down.

• Brohoof 1

True words from my childhood hero TOM from Toonami. He recently released a promo about what life is all about and its pretty good even when i'm down.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sot-yu9dIZE

@ the toonami post man I can't believe its back! Tears of joy are running down my face.... Good to hear ol Tom alive n' kicking. Time to have some good times like the good days of the late 90's ;)

Well only my cousin and my girlfreind know at the moment (As of yesterday) and im really not sure what anyone else would say, My girlfreind was a little weirded out by it but she was fine afterwards, I mean if anyone had anything bad to say i guess i could just love and tolerate the shit out of them! :wub:

I've never been bullied for being a brony but do I see it happening? yes I do considering society will look at me and think, "You're gay aren't you? For buying MLP Dvd's?" and etc

It doesn't bother me but I've yet to be bullied, I've been bullied in school and etc but that was before I was a brony

One day in the middle of a collaboration project last year I was flipping through my binder when the nerdy kid next to me saw my drawing of Cadence and said "Is that a My Little Pony?" I shook my head and said yes. He then facepalmed and began asking questions like "Do you brohoof your friends?" I first dismissed these questions as friendly. But, he told my old two-faced friend that I watched My Little Pony and guess what he did. Not only did every single person in the school know I was a Brony, but they sure as hell made fun of me for it. I wanted to punch that fat-fuck so hard in the face. I have seriously never had that much hatred for one person in my entire life. I literally wanted to shove a knife in his chest and rip out his heart. Edited by Rainbow Dash G4

i was being bullied one day when i was with some of the guys who i played football with.... i had told a few of them i was a brony and they had told me they where also Bronies and well one day when i was going home the big bully decided it was my turn to be picked on cause i was a nerdy jock? i guess hahaha but i had just pretty much found out my Brony'ness and he was picking on my so i was like oh yea what you gonna do tough guy cause i never back down ill stand up but figure out how to not fight as to dismiss the situation.... and well he started getting mad cause id prove all his theories and such when he had cock'd back to go ahead and punch me is when the biggest lineman at the time came up grabbed his arm and said... where you about to hit my fellow BRONY? the bully looked up at him and just lost all his words... but i heard him say... "you're a brony!?!?!" and well the bully never picked on my again from that moment on best day of my life!! but that was the only time i was picked on for being a Brony now for being a Gamer and well a smart kid i was picked on for that...

• Brohoof 2

i get bulled all the time but i haven't been bullied for being a brony... yet... but since i'm getting stickers for my car and a hat before school starts... i think i will be. :(

idk why i get bullied either i'm not the type that acts like or looks like someone who should, people just do, but i just think in my head they are all idiots and will get no where in life... and move on.

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

Not once, not ever. I have a friend who's a fake hater but that's it. He's actually pretty funny when he tries to insult me.

Seriously, I've carried my backpack with TS on it, throughout the city on trains and such and I've never even got a second look. Not even in school. Okay maybe in school, but they weren't mean about it. It's pretty chill here.

no, but if anyone is being bullied for being one.

they kinda deserve it if they are talking about ponies out loud in public.

I don't think they should. If anything its just them talking about their interests and showing that they have nothing to hide. It shows that they're being themselves and that takes guts to do. Hell I just wore my pony shirt when I went to classes today for automotive and I didn't get a second look but then again i'm in college so its a bit different than high school.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think they should. If anything its just them talking about their interests and showing that they have nothing to hide. It shows that they're being themselves and that takes guts to do. Hell I just wore my pony shirt when I went to classes today for automotive and I didn't get a second look but then again i'm in college so its a bit different than high school.

I agree with what you said. In fact, I just had my first day of college today and I noticed such a huge difference about how open everybody is compared to high school where everyone got bullied in some way for the slightest opinion.

I must say, in real life I never have gotten hurt by anyone who insults bronies. :)

This kid named Chile was so messed up, every word that he said to anyone was an insult said in a cocky toned voice. Well he liked to try to pick on me the most. Now imagine a really short, blonde haired, stuck up kid calling his friends crap all the time. He didn't know I was a brony but he kept flinging random insults. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png I wasn't ever hurt by the things he said, in fact, I was fasinated by his erogance. Well one day I told him I was a brony, but he didn't know what it was at the moment. I decided to troll him and not tell him what a brony was as he kept asking "WHAT THE HECK IS A BRONY??? THAT SOUNDS STUPID!!! YOU'RE STUPID!!!".

When I finally told him he shot out insults faster than Mic and Lulz COMBINED!! I still wasn't offended by his crap, but rather getting annoyed, I finally yelled "SHUT UP!!!!". :angry: He was shocked as I interupted, but started another insult. I interupted again and said "Chile you know those petty pony insults don't effect how I feel, but all of your talking is just ANNOYING! May Celestia have mercy and not send you to the moon!" B) I stood there like a boss, and he gave up.

Well now he gossips about my love for ponies and people just ignore him now... Chile always facinated me though. I never though the human race could make someone so screwed up in the brain! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Meh. YouTube and the internet is a haven for trolls and haters who only want to shut out bronies and I have gotten a lot of hate from them but my friends are alright with it. Surround yourself with smart, tolerant people who understand and you don't have to deal with that crap. And I usually say to people who try to hate: I think it's okay if you do what you do, even if I'm not into it. Just don't try to force it upon me. Dude just hang with either bronies or understanding, tolerant people who understand. I'm currently in high school and going into grade 12 and I get hate ALL the time but you know what? I don't care because I don't care what a bunch of assholes say. As long as I have my few understanding friends who share my interest why do you need anyone else?