Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your dream job?

Miss Light Diamond

I'm studying to become a psychiatrist (thus my username actually has some pertinence). However, it's also a dream of mine to succeed as a novelist. I'm not laying foundations on such a future, though, because it's riskier than getting a medical degree. Doctors are always useful and readily employed, but no one cares about a crappy writer.

I'd love nothing more than sit around all day imagining things, putting them into words and getting paid for it.

Edited by Dr_Waveband
  • Brohoof 1

Ever since 1st grade, I have always wanted to create mah own cartoon :D. I've had the same idea for the cartoon ever since I first thought it up, although it has changed quite some ever since it's inception. I hope that Lauren Faust is still alive when I do try to make a cartoon so I can collaborate with her and have a cartoon better than MLP:FiM :)

• Brohoof 1

If you really want to see it, ok. It's not my best performance though. Please tell me what you think about it. Critique is always welcome as well

It says the video's private T_T

I don't know how to see it if it's private... maybe provide a url???

It says the video's private T_T

I don't know how to see it if it's private... maybe provide a url???

Oh, I made the video private because I didn't want to show it to more people than necessarily (performers tend to steal). I thought it would work. Let me try again:

EDIT: Dammit, I cannot get it to work... Does anybody know how to post it just as an url?

Edited by Juggler

Just post every thing after the . com in youtube. the part thats like watch?v=AwnhfROJio8&list=F or something

That's smart! I will do that.

/watch?v=3D7wyqNd48I&feature=player_embedded

I hope that you will enjoy :)

My dream job is to get into historical research and conservation with either a museum or national park service, preferably focusing on Civil War history, although I'm also quite fascinated by America's Founding as well as, on a more international level, Ancient Western History, primarily focusing on the Greek and Roman Civilizations, and 20th century history, especially World War II. Gonna be job hunting this year as I begin my senior year of college at Hillsdale College, so wish me luck and God's blessings everypony!!! :D Oh, and God's blessings and best wishes to any other pony applying for jobs this year, or on pursuing your dream careers!!!! :)

I would like to be a translator. Not just someone who translates English to French, someone who can translate many languages. I plan on learning at least nine. German and Mandarin Chinese at Cegep, Russian and Japanese at University. I already know English, French and a good base of Spanish. Maybe I'll learn more at University though, depends of my budget.

Choice 1- Become a firefighter and save lives that will have dream jobs of their own. Also die a hero's death so I may be remembered.

Choice 2- Become a United States soldier and give my full loyalty to America while at the same time defending it. Take a bullet for a comrade.

I dunno... I know I want something IT related, just not sure if I should be something like a software engineer/programmer for a company like Microsoft or Google, or something like tech support/installation for Best Buy/GeekSquad. They all sound good to me, I just need to discover who I am. I guess you could that I'm...

Posted Image

...having trouble figuring out my special talent.

Edited by Hamez

My dream job would be running my own animation studio. Although I highly doubt that will ever happen so I'll settle with just being an animator.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to be a video game tester. All you would do all day is play the latest video games before they come out. Awesome

Well, but you also have to spend a lot of time reporting bugs and keeping a sharp eye for problems with the game, rather than simply enjoying said game, and there are a lot of problems with newly developed games. My Physics teacher once told me that when writing code for a program, you typically spend 20% of the time writing the code, and 80% of the time trying to work out bugs and problems with that code, there will be a significant amount of bugs with the games you test.

Not as fun as you may think...

I would really like to do script work or any sort of writing but since that is HIGHLY unlikely, I'd like to go into some sort of creative thing. Not sure yet. Most people tell me I should be a surgeon since I'm not squeamish but I prefer to be artistic.

I would like to be either an astrnomer or a cameraman. I think it would be fun being a cameraman. I love working with cameras and I can meet famous actors and actresses and eat the food on the table but I also want to be an astronomer so I can study the stars and the planets. It's hard to choose

Edited by Thatpony124

Well, but you also have to spend a lot of time reporting bugs and keeping a sharp eye for problems with the game, rather than simply enjoying said game, and there are a lot of problems with newly developed games. My Physics teacher once told me that when writing code for a program, you typically spend 20% of the time writing the code, and 80% of the time trying to work out bugs and problems with that code, there will be a significant amount of bugs with the games you test.

Not as fun as you may think...

well thanks for ruining my dream. Oh well I guess i'll go with professional lottery winner. (that's a job right)

Social worker. Always a job who changes. You do work inside and outside, you do not do the same thing twice, you always move from one service to the other, you meet people, make contacts, the salary is not that great but it's not really "hard" so... meh...

And, most important, you help people to get a better life. You help homeless people to reboot their life and start again, you help people find a job, you help kids/take them away from monsters, you help depressed people by being some sort of "cheap psychiatric".

In one word, you help people, you make your existence worth something. And for me who isn't strong enough to be a policeman or a fireman, who isn't dedicated enough to be a doctor and who doesn't believe in myself enough to be able to be a real pyshciatrist and guide people, it's really the perfect job... And I'm going to learn it soon :D

My dream job is a pastry chef, I'm fascinated by their creations, and also by their taste, it just sort of started when I ate some pastries at an assembly for college employees (Worked as an office clerk for the summer).

• Brohoof 1

My dream job is a pastry chef, I'm fascinated by their creations, and also by their taste, it just sort of started when I ate some pastries at an assembly for college employees (Worked as an office clerk for the summer).

I was interested in being a chef for a couple years but then I saw Totem (Cirque du soleil) and after that I wanted to run off and join the circus ^_^

Being an animator for Discovery and or one of their affiliated networks, or perhaps being a published best selling graphic novelist whose producing the movie based on his work! Ah... a man can dream.

• Brohoof 2

I would like to be a game designer, I've been playing hundreds of games and I know what gamers such as myself what I want in a game.

It would also be awesome if I could be in a competition between the best players around the world.

Well... I don't exactly have a dream job... I'd just like to help everybody around me as much as I possibly can.

This is why I'd love to become a teacher, but at the same time I see myself doing more IT oriented stuff so I'd probably do housecalls or something.

I agree with you on the helping people deal. I origionally wanted to become a chiropractor so I'd be able to give people reliefe from back pain. (Which I have felt first hand. It's not fun.) However, I wasant going to be able to aford to put myself through coledge for it, so I now plan to be a public adjuster to help people colect a fair amount of insurance money. My dream job is totally unrealistic: be able to use liquids to change my shape and size to become a super hero. XD Unless something crazy happens, thats not going to happen. =3

• Brohoof 1