Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Town? where does it need improvement?

Ethan Pow

Since we been going over the same topics again and again. I feel like injecting some topics to the community to see if we get some other discussion up.

Let talk about the town your living in right now, how is it and where does it need improvement?

My Town is small and pretty peaceful but being far from other cities (about 40 miles from one of the major cities) Everything pretty good, supplies and stuff is more expensive but not too much about a small percentage. I would like a stronger internet access out here that is reliable. other than that its perfect in my view :D

Pretty much everything.

There is too much crime, bad neighborhoods, dirty streets, no jobs, terrible school system, lack of anything to do (entertainment), and hell they even shut the street lights off on every other street at night to save money...including my street.

Yeah, there are more things but that would just be nitpicking.

• Brohoof 1

Well my town is basically the town from the song Small Town. Everyone at least attempts to be friendly and such. It's about an hour from Fort Wayne. I think we need an entertainment center badly. There's so much that could be done here, it's not funny. I think we need to draw more people into it. Being close to Fort Wayne means everyone wants to go to Fort Wayne. No one wants to stay in town.

Pretty much everything.

There is too much crime, bad neighborhoods, dirty streets, no jobs, terrible school system, lack of anything to do (entertainment), and hell they even shut the street lights off on every other street at night to save money...including my street.

Yeah, there are more things but that would just be nitpicking.

Same, minus the street lights issue. My town is sandwiched between the "ghetto" and the posh area. Unfortunately, the ghetto is influencing my area more than the rich side of town.

Edited by Paint-It-Blak

eeck, I hate that, this is why I hate large towns, its normally very horrible.

I think we need an entertainment center badly. There's so much that could be done here, it's not funny.

its time to UPGRADE the town...

The town center has become really commercialized and not a nice place to hang out. So our town is implementing a program to move the commercial area to another part of town and restore the old New England Style Village. Should be good but who knows.

eeck, I hate that, this is why I hate large towns, its normally very horrible.

I don't even live in a large town. The population here is only about sixteen thousand total.

It's more of a medium town. Nobody cares about this hellhole of a place anyway.

I live in a City, a very large Tourist spot to add but it's not what you'd expect. I live in a fairly nice neighborhood, Military and cop personell around most blocks, but the town and city outside my neighborhood isn't the best in most places. It's mostly divided among 1/ Southers, 2. Rednecks 3. Rebel Teenage immature brats, and 4. the bad word you'd call a Black man (not bieng racist, but the ghetto term). My town/city needs to have more tourists, this bad economy is ruining the income, and the only thing that we get big earnings from is Spring Break and tourist attractions, but can't think of anything else major. It's a nice place, but it's divided among several posses', and needs to be more unison and more visitors to help the income.

Also we need more Hurricane shelters. It gets bad here.

Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco

Pretty much everything needs improved where I live. Lots of crime, not enough police officers, lack of jobs, pot holes all over the roads, and lots of homeless people everywhere.

What's bad is there are all these problems here, and I don't even live in the worst part of Columbus :huh:

There is quite a few things that needs to be done in my town.

First of all, we have a indoor swimming facility which has broken a lot of times. They know what the problem is and to solve it they need to pretty much redo everything. But instead they just do a temporary solution. And after a while it breaks again. I feel like in the long run they will loose more money like that. Also, there are long periods that we cannot swim. And I have friends who swim regularly who have to travel a long way to practice. If they just would take some time to redo it all I think it would be better.

They also built some "adventure pools" (I don't know the perfect translation), some waterslides and stuff like that. It was a disaster. Everyone prefers to go to our neighbour towns facility instead if they can. They should tear it down and put the money on upgrading the whole swimming facility in other ways.

We don't either have that many stores. But we do have a lot of clothing stores. It would be better to have a wider selection of stores.

I live in a rich white town...

It's so bland and boring. There's nothing in the way except for the movies, where everybody all crowds into and everyone sees all the movies. Also, so many kids do drugs and drink, about half of the high schoolers (I'm not even exaggerating here) do it. They do this because there's nothing to do here, and frankly, I don't blame them.

Ranked number 1 in meth labs/use in the nation for quite some time (I think it might gone to rank 2 now). You can probably till what needs improving :/. But besides that my town is so boring, all the houses are the same or almost, and the school system is a complete wreck. Over half the students are stoned and teachers don't teach that well... At least we got some good restaurants :D O yeah I lived outside Honolulu HI for awhile and thought that city was amazing. Everyone was friendly, kind, and warm-hearted it was nice :) Kinda miss the shaka symbol

Edited by bobthecableman

You guys think you have it bad.

I live just a mile or two away from the most dangerous town in the US, East St.Louis. Due to extreme mismanagement and inappropriate use of cash, their under control by the state of Illinois now. Plus their influencing my town, gangs are coming in and taking over, extreme urbanization, bad roads, corrupt politicians, corrupt school boards, corrupt everything, and yet my parents like living here.

Seriously?

I live just a mile or two away from the most dangerous town in the US, East St.Louis.

I live in Franklin County, and been to East St.Louis a couple times. I would agree that is a pretty dangerous area, some friends and I saw ghettos watching us while driving by. Creepy :blink:

I live in worthless piece of earth that someone just happened to make into a city. My neighbors are all dicks, I could make a list of problems that all of them have.

My dad is a badass though, he started a full-scale war with one of them though, pranks and stuff you know xD Now they have started to communicate a bit more, so I guess it's a win/win situation.

Holy shit. It seems like the entire world is a peice of shit for everyone. Well, atleast the US. I live in a city covered by wannabe gangsters and douchebags. Homeless people on the street and every rich person here acts like a total bitch. This city is pretty much runned by fucking idiots.

It's freaking boring! All I do when I'm indoors is mess around online (I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it just gets a little monotonous after a while), and my outdoor activities consist almost entirely of longboarding back and forth on the same sidewalk for 5 hours.

Ashland, VA isn't too bad to be honest. It has or is within close proximity to nearly anything I could want. Crime isn't terrible either. However, it's a sleepy town and not much of interest happens here. Kind of unusual for a college town.

I'm originally from the boonies about half an hour away from where I live now. That was terrible. I loved the quiet, the woods, the massive yard, and the ability to walk outside and do whatever I pleased at any time without disturbing anybody. On the other hand, it's becoming more and more difficult to live in such a place and make a decent living, and it's annoying having to drive forever and a day just to go grocery shopping or to find any kind of entertainment. Couldn't even get DSL out there, and the phone company clearly told everybody in a forum-like meeting that they had no plans of ever making it available to us. Glad I moved away.

My town is a small village. It can be peaceful, however there are the assholes and the fake gang we have ._. Yes, they think they are all badass when they are NOT close to being a gang with the guns and stuff. Anyways, I think my school needs more improvement. Not like being rebuilt, it was already rebuilt, but I mean the school district. It sucks asssssss!!!!! Our school has the worst lunches ever. We have all fake lunches..even though they say they are going "healthy". I also would give our school more elective classes. We have none, just all Agricultural classes because my town is full of rednecks and hicks (NO OFFENSE) . But im not interested in Ag. I also would make the school funner too..