Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PonyPowaX1000

84 users have voted

1. 1. Do you hate Celestia for banishing ''Luna''

• Yes!
    • No Luna became Nightmare Moon Celestia's did the right thing.

I love Luna's voice!!

I know. Tabitha St. Germain is so talented. She does my favourite character (Rarity) and my favourite supporting (Granny Smith) IN addition to Luna/Nightmare Moon, Derpy Hooves, Mrs. Cake, Rarity's mum, and a whole bunch of others.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't hate Celestia. I merely kind of dislike some of her actions. Nightmare Moon being banished? Yeah, I get that. There's no way around it. I remember hearing that even the Word of Faust saying that if it was Nighttime Eternal, then Equestria would freeze over for good. With nighttime eternal, Equestria would begin to look like Pluto.

What I don't like: Celestia did nothing to help the Mane 6 with Discord. I understand if she couldn't take out Discord but at least hold down the fort properly and offer some kind of support during the maze part.

Or Chrysalis for that matter!

Well plot wise if Celestia helped with everything it wouldn't be as interesting. :mellow:

• Brohoof 1

Well, in the beginning, it states that Celestia used the Elements of Harmony to banish Night Mare Moon to the moon. But when the series starts, the mane 6 use the Elements to change her back into Luna. Celestia is, obviously, able to live thousands of years. Other ponies, we're not sure of their life spans, but they seem to be much more comparable to that of humans. So, back then, Celestia was the only one who could do it. But now... I mean, I guess she could have done it herself, but that really wouldn't have left anything for a story line and the introduction of the mane 6. In short, it's a plot device. Does it make a lot of sense? No. But it seems necessary for the start and advancement of the story that all 7 of them be there. Also, if you think of it from this perspective, it doesn't seem so harsh:

• Brohoof 2

Celestia's ok, I don't dislike her, or like her for that matter. She's my least favorite royal. I don't know why I just think that she doesn't have much of a personality.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Am I the only one who doesn't like Celestia? Truthfully, I find Celestia to be the most annoying character in the entire series. She is a troll and deals out a punishment that seems like an overkill. 1000 years? Come on. She cannot even give her own sister a break, and when the sister comes back, she goes "Oh, sorry about that.". I was so happy when Chrysalis one hit KO'd Celestia. I kept rewinding the scene where Celestia just slides across the floor, beaten to a pulp. She truly deserved it. She is just a hypocrite. The argument "Oh, Celestia is a Princess. She just wants to have fun." Who cares? In my opinion, Luna is the more lovely Princess. Yes, she was Nightmare Moon, but I am a fan of antagonists, so Nightmare Moon is awesome in my book. Banish Celestia to the SUN. Someone (or somepony) needs to do it. I am calling out to you, Luna/Twilight Sparkle. Just do it. I am sure she'd be less of a troll and more of a Princess that can rule efficiently. She gets defeated by the parasprites, she gets defeated by Chrysalis, she is hopeless against Discord and Nightmare Moon. Celestia is just overall an under-average ruler of Equestria. She needs to step down. Do I sense a monarch that doesn't know when to retire? She's been at it for how many thousands of years? No democracy is in order, I'd say. Now I do not hate Celestia. I do not hate anypony. I just find Celestia to be disgusting. Grotesque is a better word. She needs to seriously get her horse face out of her flank, because there are real characters that can most likely rule better than her. *Cough, cough* Luna.

Edited by Klopp Wonka
Removing a few NSFW bits. Keep it clean in the future.

I do like Celestia out of the 2 main alicorns in the Canon.. because she handles a lot to keep Esquestria standing strong before luna returned.

As a addon to defend Celestia, she couldn't reason with Nightmare moon and I completely believe she tried to reason with her sister before banishing her to the moon. It had to be done.

Edited by Ethan Pow
  • Brohoof 2

I love Princess Celestia! She's a great, experienced, funny ruler. She has a sense of humor which is great for all of Equestria. Sometimes she might be absent during disasters like the whole Discord incident. What in the name of Celestia was she doing

If she had stopped Discord once, why couldn't she do it again?

I don't hate Celestia. I merely kind of dislike some of her actions. Nightmare Moon being banished? Yeah, I get that. There's no way around it. I remember hearing that even the Word of Faust saying that if it was Nighttime Eternal, then Equestria would freeze over for good. With nighttime eternal, Equestria would begin to look like Pluto.

What I don't like: Celestia did nothing to help the Mane 6 with Discord. I understand if she couldn't take out Discord but at least hold down the fort properly and offer some kind of support during the maze part.

Or Chrysalis for that matter!

Celestia sent all the letters back to Twilight when she lost hope (why to people forget that) also she could not have helped any other way because only the mane 6 could stop discord because there the only ones who can use the elements of harmony

Chrysalis was heavily buffed by the power of love, Celestia didn't stand a chance

also why does Luna get all the love when she does even less to help.

actually Nightmare moons banish was ment to be eternal because she wanted eternal darkness which would have destroyed Equestria she just got was free'd after 1000 years because of a loop hall

you find that good?

Edited by Klopp Wonka
Keep the insults to a minimum, please. And by minimum, I mean zero.
  • Brohoof 3

It really doesn't matter whether a character is kind hearted or experienced if the story-writer have failed to make that character an associable and believeable one; and this usually requires a careful layout of building a background story for that character and constantly flesh him/her out in a realistic way.

Problem with Celestia is that she is a very under-developed character from literature's point of view, she just simply floats around in the background like a cloud and her background story is quite 'formless'. This is fairly understandable from the MLP story-writer's perspective however because when you shift a focus of a storyline to a character that's supposed to be much more mature, than the storyline is no longer focused on its intended target audience: a very young girl audience. There is reason why storywriters have avoided talking about her background and including her sister, it's just not a right-logical move considering the cartoon's original objective. And because of that, I have reason to believe that they will never really be under a heavy spotlight, even if they do it will be narrated from mane-6's perspective, not theirs.

But from a more matured audience's point of view, Celestia just brings that character 'void' that makes you go speculative, and with many weaknesses she is portrayed of, people just can't help but wonder what is going on with her.

Furthermore, although this may be a conclusion out from my limited observation, alot of people who usually responds heavily into her internet 'meme' are quite young or usually not that mature-minded. Celestia in story-line is virtually a mother from young one's perspective who is also happened to be a leader. What I mean by this is that kids (who never had to endure a twisted childhood) tends to develop that fantasy view of their parents where their mother tends to be a figure where they can depend emotionally and their intention is usually incomprehensible. But when kids becomes teenagers, their urge for independence really distorts this conception into more confliting one where their mother suddenly becomes a figure of both love and hate. (To be honest, quite alot of adults never resolves this problem in their life as well.) Celestia just happens to be a 'maternal' figure that people identify and attempts to ridiculous as a result of this.

Then again, there's also a current culture where leaders in general (by virtually any developed society on Earth) is very much a figure of ridicule and incompetence (which is understandable), Celestia not really being a figure who actually solves the problem (for her own reasons) and actually do make failure probably is fueling the strange culture associated with her in the internet fandom.

There's just many reasons why she gets bashed alot in the internet fandom in the end. I find some to be amusing, but I have little reason to feel negative or positive about it. It's a phenomenone that is interesting to study and people are entitled to make their own decision; regardless of their decision's effectiveness.

On a side-note, I find the concept of elements of harmony to be ridiculous, simple-minded and a rather immature description of an individual's psychology.

I greatly admire Princess Celestia as a character. I think she doesn't help the 6 all the time because she knows they're capable of solving problems. Banishing Nightmare Moon was a good choice because she was being a selfish bitch by wanting night for all of eternity.

Luna herself is cute, but I still don't really like her. :P

Edited by Tam
  • Brohoof 2

It really doesn't matter whether a character is kind hearted or experienced if the story-writer have failed to make that character an associable and believeable one; and this usually requires a careful layout of building a background story for that character and constantly flesh him/her out in a realistic way.

Problem with Celestia is that she is a very under-developed character from literature's point of view, she just simply floats around in the background like a cloud and her background story is quite 'formless'. This is fairly understandable from the MLP story-writer's perspective however because when you shift a focus of a storyline to a character that's supposed to be much more mature, than the storyline is no longer focused on its intended target audience: a very young girl audience. There is reason why storywriters have avoided talking about her background and including her sister, it's just not a right-logical move considering the cartoon's original objective. And because of that, I have reason to believe that they will never really be under a heavy spotlight, even if they do it will be narrated from mane-6's perspective, not theirs.

But from a more matured audience's point of view, Celestia just brings that character 'void' that makes you go speculative, and with many weaknesses she is portrayed of, people just can't help but wonder what is going on with her.

Furthermore, although this may be a conclusion out from my limited observation, alot of people who usually responds heavily into her internet 'meme' are quite young or usually not that mature-minded. Celestia in story-line is virtually a mother from young one's perspective who is also happened to be a leader. What I mean by this is that kids (who never had to endure a twisted childhood) tends to develop that fantasy view of their parents where their mother tends to be a figure where they can depend emotionally and their intention is usually incomprehensible. But when kids becomes teenagers, their urge for independence really distorts this conception into more confliting one where their mother suddenly becomes a figure of both love and hate. (To be honest, quite alot of adults never resolves this problem in their life as well.) Celestia just happens to be a 'maternal' figure that people identify and attempts to ridiculous as a result of this.

Then again, there's also a current culture where leaders in general (by virtually any developed society on Earth) is very much a figure of ridicule and incompetence (which is understandable), Celestia not really being a figure who actually solves the problem (for her own reasons) and actually do make failure probably is fueling the strange culture associated with her in the internet fandom.

There's just many reasons why she gets bashed alot in the internet fandom in the end. I find some to be amusing, but I have little reason to feel negative or positive about it. It's a phenomenone that is interesting to study and people are entitled to make their own decision; regardless of their decision's effectiveness.

On a side-note, I find the concept of elements of harmony to be ridiculous, simple-minded and a rather immature description of an individual's psychology.

you have just pretty much point out its greatest flaw its the fact that this is a show primarily for little girls it not like Game of throne were they can work so much character into each individual, its a cartoon that has to squezz out a individual and unique 20 minute story per episode with the occasional 2 part'r

so if i can make this deduction Bronies are the problem we over analyze and over exaggerated something that i suppose to be kinda innocent. we have dark and twisted hate for characters that are there to entertain a younger audience

i know it all apart of the brony charm but its a huge flaw

i dont really hate her, but i definitely dont like her as much as i like luna. and the only villian she ever even attempted defeating was Queen Chrysalis, which she miserably failed at. so she probably isnt that strong

i dont really hate her, but i definitely dont like her as much as i like luna. and the only villian she ever even attempted defeating was Queen Chrysalis, which she miserably failed at. so she probably isnt that strong

At least she tried. Luna slacked off thinking she didn't miss anything. ^_^

Cadence and Shining Armor had it all together.

Edited by Tam
  • Brohoof 2

I dont hate her as a character and I dont think she had any choice about banishing Luna but she is completely useless most of the time.

you have just pretty much point out its greatest flaw its the fact that this is a show primarily for little girls it not like Game of throne were they can work so much character into each individual, its a cartoon that has to squezz out a individual and unique 20 minute story per episode with the occasional 2 part'r

so if i can make this deduction Bronies are the problem we over analyze and over exaggerated something that i suppose to be kinda innocent. we have dark and twisted hate for characters that are there to entertain a younger audience

i know it all apart of the brony charm but its a huge flaw

Not really, it's a natural reaction from more matured audience, no real reason to say it's a problem or not.

• Brohoof 2

If Celestia never banished Nightmare Moon, the Mane 6 would have probably never met each other and went on those wonderful adventures that we witnessed first-hand. In any case, Luna was just asking for the banishment because she let her jealousy and spite get in the way of not only her royal duty, but her relationship with Celestia. It wasn't the most favourable of circumstances, but Celestia was forced to banish Luna, unfortunately not "heal" her right away as although she can wield all of the Elements, Twilight Sparkle and her friends brought out the most of the Elements and brought Luna back to the fold, and now she's happier than ever!

• Brohoof 1

There are many instances within the show where Celestia is kindoff an ass. Such as...sending only 2 tickets to Twilight despite knowing that she has 6 other friends, and just sitting back and watching as Rarity falls to her doom...

or maybe she did those because she knew that twilight and her friends were going to learn an important lesson FORCED MORALS FTW

Edited by Perhaps~
  • Brohoof 1