Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you hug?

Brook

Whenever I am around my friends & when one of them isn't feeling so well :) Sometimes a hug just makes someone's day better. I know it does for me! Well like I posted on my profile, If I had the chance to hug anypony from the mane six it would have to be Pinkie Pie :3.

At the beginning of the show I really didn't like her so much.. but as I continued watching & observing how she treats others, especially her friends, I have grown to love her the most out of all the ponies :D. Actually I honestly wish I had a friend like her in real life! I mean she is just awesome soo yeah I'd love to get to hug her :3

I love hugs, every day as much as possible, and I will hug anyone willing to have a hug, I really want to get one of those Free Hug Shirts :wub: Also I think Flutter Shy, and I know he is not part of the main six but also Angel, they would both be pretty hugable.

Edited by Flame Dancer

I don't hug people all that often. However there are people I will always hug if I happen to see them. Mostly that consists of my close friends and family. Also if I ever meet someone who is offering free hugs or is looking for a hug I will usually take/give one.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think i've ever had an actual hug in my life. I'm sure i'd probably enjoy one, a real one. from someone in real life who actually knows me and cares for me. If i were to hug one of the mane 6, i would hug them all, and individually

Pretty much everyone that I consider a friend has gotten a hug from me. And that's honestly a lot of people. Whether it be a friendly hug, a family hug, a bro-hug, a goodbye hug, you name it.

I'm also a pretty big guy, so I'm known for my ginormous bear hugs :D

I usually save hugs for when I come back home after being away for awhile, or if I am leaving.

I also apply that if someone else is doing the above.

I really don't just hug people unless I have a personal meaning to.

I hug my husband, close friends, mother-in-law and my parents. I have no issues with hugging people I know. Someone that I'm not so close with randomly wants a hug then it's a bit awkward but I still do it.

Never. My family aren't big on hugs. My friends always try to hug me for stupid reasons ("Oh my God, I haven't seen you for like 20 minutes! HUG!"). I just stand there limply and take it. Unless I really, really like you, and you really, really deserve it, I rarely instigate a hug. A hug actually means something to me. I don't just do it for the sake of it.

I hug people in my family, especially my mom and sister, quite often, and in fact have been hugging them even more than usual lately since my sister is heading off to college soon and we're all getting emotional as a result. There are also a number of my friends at college whom I hug quite often, mostly girl friends (and by girl friends, I simply mean girls who are friends... :ph34r: not that I wouldn't like to have a girlfriend, just haven't met the right one yet! :D ). It is true, nothing can quite put a smile on anypony's face like a hug!!! :)

• Brohoof 1

I frequently hug my parents and hug others in my family whenever we get together.

A guy at work - it was actually a student, I work for a university - was telling me about some problems he was having one day with his school work, his home life, and some long-term medical things he's been dealing with. He obviously needed to get it off his chest and started to cry a bit, so I gave him a big hug and that seemed to make him feel a lot better. A gentle, reassuring touch can do a lot to turn somebody's day around and set them at ease.

Though, I'm pretty sure I would hug more if my beard didn't repel people. :lol:

Is your beard so big that it could get its own hugs?

I'm also a pretty big guy, so I'm known for my ginormous bear hugs :D

I'm a bit barrel chested so it's easy for me to squeeze people a bit too hard. I always make a conscious effort not to crush whoever I'm hugging.

• Brohoof 2

I hug family members when saying goodbye (if we are out for a meal or something, i'll hug them at the end when we all depart), the last time i hugged someone was around 6 hours ago, out for a meal with my grandparents as its my grandfather's birthday.

I hug people a lot in college, even people i barely know or have just met, some people find it weird but i don't care, hugs are friendly and i'm a friendly guy! :D

• Brohoof 1

Is your beard so big that it could get its own hugs?

I was joking about it being horrendous. :lol:

Although, people have called it 'cool...' if only I could get more friends... :blush:

This topic makes me sad... I love to hug and cuddle, but have no one to do it to. Yes some of my family will hug me, but I cant be expected to hug them all the time like i would if I could

SOLUTION: Create a pony tulpa who will hug and cuddle

• Brohoof 1

It's been a long time since I've ever gotten a hug, the lack of hugs aren't affecting my life and therefore unnecessary.

Fluttershy seems the most huggable.

Pretty darn frequently, immediate family on a daily basis, extended family when greeting and saying goodbye, and close friends when appropriate. Hugs are a pretty common thing for me, and to honest, I don't mind at all! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I haven't given a hug for probably a month or few ... I don't like being touched :P not a phobia i am just depressed XD but my mom still gives me hugs she says "whether you like it or not" and same with a few women in the church... so i don't have a choice when it comes to getting them

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

The last time I hugged someone was about a month ago I think, it was my gran since I was leaving their house. I don't hug very often, I don't like people that much. >->