Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you hug?

Brook

I'm obsessive compulsive, so I dispense hugs infrequently.  If I hug someone or permit them to hug me, it's...  It's like an event lol.  It's not that I don't feel compelled to hug my loved ones; it's just that I sometimes can't.  I cuddle Dashie all the time, though. x3  That's different for some reason. x3 x3

I hug my family a lot. I don't hug my friends though. :huh:

Though, if I saw any of my online friends in real life... You can bet I'm going to tackle you into a hug.

I get hugged a lot on campus, so..

But I tend to give hugs out whenever I want to, really.  :squee:

I don't remember the last time I hugged... It's sad really. I hug some of my blankets wishing there was fluttershy there, it makes me feel warm and happy. So I guess that answers the second part of your question.

Le sigh. I am a sad example of a human being....

• 2 weeks later...

I hug my parents on a daily basis. I almost never hug anyone else. There are a few people I've met here I'd love to hug IRL because of how much I've come to love them, but that's about it.

• 3 years later...

Oh my gosh, I hug all the time. I'm like the mad hugger! Beware or you will be hugged if you're anywhere in my vicinity. I hug everybody and you'd be truly surprised if you knew just how many I hug every day in real life. Don't get the wrong impression; it's perfectly appropriate, it just goes with the territory where I'm concerned.   

I love hugs. But alas I don't really have anyone in the realms of real life who are hugging material. Save for the neighbour. But she seems to always be the hugger where I'm the huggee. Unfortunately, I had to go through life where I found myself surrounded by folks who run to the "a handshake is as good as a hug" mentality. But then again, a lot of people I've encountered in my time have pretty much had the emotional expressive capabality of a spatula. Rather than actually laugh at a joke, they'd just stand there and say "I get the joke." Ugh!

• Brohoof 1

I love hugs, giving and getting them...but really only from people I'm close to. :dash: In relationships, like, romantic relationships, I'm more of a hugger rather than a kisser. :twismile: 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I think confidence plays a role when it comes to hugging. A few years ago I'd get surprised whenever I got hugged, my self esteem was so low it surprised me that anyone would wanna get that close to my body. Because of that, I never initiated a hug, I hoped others would do that. 

Anyway, I tried to get over the fear of initiating a hug and managed to do it occasionally.....at the beginning a little bit drunk maybe lol. And after a while I finally got that people don't find me disgusting or something and have no problem with hugging me. Obviously, it depends on the setting, hugging your teacher would probably not be ideal. I tried that when I was like 6, but she didn't let me.:(

Edited by Br O N Y

I'm really affectionate with people I'm close to, so I hug my friends a ton. Recently at school a couple of quieter kids have started coming up to me asking for a hug, and they always look like they've had a bad day, so I always oblige! Really, if the person looks friendly, is polite and needs it, I don't mind hugging anyone that asks!

I never give/receive hugs to/from anyone besides my mother. :/

everyone else at home is really busy and everyone at school is just an asshole I guess.

I don't really care whether people like me or not tbh