Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Give a good reason on why you hate IE

CapnKrunk

OK so I was just wondering............Why do so many people hate internet explorer?Why?

I heard alot of people hate inernet explorer,but never gave a good explanation.I've been using Internet Explorer my entire life,and I dont see anything wrong with it.Should I stop using this browser?Are any of the other ones good.Like Firefox,and chrome?I Used to use firefox for a little bit on the family computer.But now I use IE on my New laptop.

• Brohoof 4

I don't hate it. I just find Google Chrome to be much faster. I heard good things about Firefox but I never used it. I'll stick with my Chrome. That and it has a cuter pony symbol.

It's slow, broken in multiple ways, adware, adware everywhere...., and it has no real defense agaisnt viruses like google chrome or firefox does. Though this is just me speaking, other people might have different experiences... Plus, you can get adblock plus for chrome/firefox so you can block youtube ads

Edited by bobthecableman
  • Brohoof 1

One of the reasons I dislike it is it's poor compatibility with HTML5. More and more websites are beginning to make use of HTML5, but IE is still lacking in support compared to other browsers.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 7

1) It's slower compared to browsers like Firefox or Chrome.

2) It's not as customizable to the degree that either Firefox or Chrome is.

3) And most annoyingly of all, IE gives web developers painful headaches.

• Brohoof 4

Well... It has to do with their lack of features. From a list that I've found, here is everything IE DOESN'T support.

• Application Cache (offline)
  • Web Workers (threads in Javascript)
  • HTML5 Forms (validation mechanism, CSS3 selectors)
  • Javascript Strict Mode
  • ForeignObject (embed external content in SVG)
  • SMIL Animations (SVG animations)
  • File API
  • WebGL (3D)
  • CSS3 Transitions (for animations)
  • CSS3 Text Shadow
  • CSS3 Gradients
  • CSS3 Border Image
  • CSS3 Flex box model
  • ClassList APIs
  • FormData
  • HTML5 History API
  • Drag'n Drop from Desktop

Yeah, reall nice compatability, Windows.

• Brohoof 2

OK so I was just wondering............Why do so many people hate internet explorer?Why?

I heard alot of people hate inernet explorer,but never gave a good explanation.I've been using Internet Explorer my entire life,and I dont see anything wrong with it.Should I stop using this browser?Are any of the other ones good.Like Firefox,and chrome?I Used to use firefox for a little bit on the family computer.But now I use IE on my New laptop.

If you like it, then stick with it. Many people will try at all cots to make you to switch (These are mostly web devs, since they HATE IE (I'm looking at you Bohtty)), but don't listen to them. Just stick to what you're comfortable with. You can always change, but I'm not forcing you.

IE has been mah main browser for years now. Have VERY few hours logged onto other browsers. I mean, 99.99999999% of all mah internet time has been from IE6 to IE9. Compared to how long a day I'm on the internet, that's a LOT of hours :o. As glitchy as it can get, I'm so used to it, that it really doesn't bother me.

Edited by akimBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Good reason?

I don't have one. I don't hate it!

IE9 is okay, IE10 is great. IE10 is great for developers, so I can't give a reason why I "hate" it. I'd use it before Firefox these days.

Good reason?

I don't have one. I don't hate it!

IE9 is okay, IE10 is great. IE10 is great for developers, so I can't give a reason why I "hate" it. I'd use it before Firefox these days.

IE10? I thought that hasn't come out yet.....at least I've heard. Did a "demo" or whatever get released?

I don't use IE because I primarily use linux, but I dislike IE primarily because of how it utterly crumbled the browser market years ago in the browser wars. I don't have much reason now to hate it considering microsoft is finally adopting open web standards (what, after 8 major versions?), but i'm still somewhat bitter about the fall of netscape.

• Brohoof 2

OH, my burning hatred for this wretched piece of code cannot be described in human speech, only guttural sounds uttered by Satan himself as I duct tape The Holy Bible and a vial of holy water to his forehead. But I guess I can try to explain it...

It's hideous. You can't customize the color scheme at all.

The layout sucks. It's just too cluttered.

It's slow as crap. I could code my own new browser in the time it takes to load a webpage. (Over-exaggeration FTW)

Windows forces you to use it to open some files, not even giving you the option of using a different browser.

The ads have the audacity of claiming that it's "A better way to browse the internet". Shoving bamboo slivers under my toenails and smashing my head into a vat of boiling oil is a better way to browse the internet than IE.

There are probably more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

• Brohoof 3

OH, my burning hatred for this wretched piece of code cannot be described in human speech, only guttural sounds uttered by Satan himself as I duct tape The Holy Bible and a vial of holy water to his forehead. But I guess I can try to explain it...

It's hideous. You can't customize the color scheme at all.

The layout sucks. It's just too cluttered.

It's slow as crap. I could code my own new browser in the time it takes to load a webpage. (Over-exaggeration FTW)

Windows forces you to use it to open some files, not even giving you the option of using a different browser.

The ads have the audacity of claiming that it's "A better way to browse the internet". Shoving bamboo slivers under my toenails and smashing my head into a vat of boiling oil is a better way to browse the internet than IE.

There are probably more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

One question.....are you a web developer? Now that I think about it, the people who hate it are loud-mouth web devs or people who just can't stand the slowness/lag/whatever (It's not that bad. You guys are too used to lightning speed :lol:)

One question.....are you a web developer? Now that I think about it, the people who hate it are loud-mouth web devs or people who just can't stand the slowness/lag/whatever (It's not that bad. You guys are too used to lightning speed :lol:)

No, I'm not a web dev (yet). And the overarching reason I hate IE is indeed the slowness/lag. I'm actually not used to lightning speed, I'm just now getting accustomed to it. But if the option for lightning speed is there, why not use it? Why punish yourself with sub-par speed when you can get something so much better?

For me, Google Chrome is just much faster easier to use. Instead of having a million toolbars and plugins to slow it down, it's just one simple search bar. I think it's just alot easier and quicker.

No, I'm not a web dev (yet). And the overarching reason I hate IE is indeed the slowness/lag. I'm actually not used to lightning speed, I'm just now getting accustomed to it. But if the option for lightning speed is there, why not use it? Why punish yourself with sub-par speed when you can get something so much better?

I'm used to it, that's why :lol:. Don't want to get too comfortable with lightning speed yet

O, Internet Explorer, how I hate thee

Let me ennumerate the ways, which are three

Thou art sluggish, moreso than the pace of a snail

Thou art lacking in feature, providing little past email

Thy security is nil, and it inflicts upon mineself great pain

Devoid thou art in merit, Internet Explorer, thou art still mine bane.

• Brohoof 3

For me it's not customisible,It's not as fast, and It crashed on me... alot.

Also there is no Adblock.

That last one alone is a wonderful reason to abandon it like the Black Plague. Speed, crashes, lack of customization... it all points to it being a sucky browser.

Interface, security, and customization leave more to be desired. I'll stick with Firefox as it beats IE in every way mentioned. Chrome isn't bad either, I just prefer Firefox's interface more.

It crashes some, but I don't really care. It also get this error a lot where it thinks that I need to update Adobe Flash even though I don't. Thankfully, I have 2 "Internet Explorers" pinned; one is the actual browser itself, the other directly links to YouTube. If one gets that Adobe error, I switch to the other and usually, the problem is solved. If BOTH have this problem, then that obviously means I REALLY do need an update for Flash

Edited by akimBrony