Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Give a good reason on why you hate IE

CapnKrunk

IE is slow (the forums, oh gosh, the forums are very slow on IE), it's inefficient (earlier versions open a new window up completely, unlike most other browsers), it crashes, lags, and is exaggerated greatly in advertising (Dive into a more beautiful web?)

My final thoughts on IE: horrible.

Before you naysayers (Akim Brony) say I'm wrong, it also depends on what computer you're using, for example, IE runs nicely on two new computers in my house, but on older ones, it lags more, and crashes easily.

IE is slow (the forums, oh gosh, the forums are very slow on IE), it's inefficient (earlier versions open a new window up completely, unlike most other browsers), it crashes, lags, and is exaggerated greatly in advertising (Dive into a more beautiful web?)

My final thoughts on IE: horrible.

Before you naysayers (Akim Brony) say I'm wrong, it also depends on what computer you're using, for example, IE runs nicely on two new computers in my house, but on older ones, it lags more, and crashes easily.

I was mentioned :D!

Anyways, mah laptop is less than a year old. In fact, NONE of mah 3 laptops lasted more than a year :lol:. For instance....

1st one (HP): Short-circuited (I accidently pissed on it :(.......)

2nd one (Toshiba): Motherboard fried due to ventilation shaft constantly being blocked by....mah blankets :huh:

3rd one (Samsung): Still alive

I have this desktop that is many years old, and it still runs on Internet Explorer 8 (Even though I can't connect to the internet at all on that computer), and, it was laggy as hell. I'm pretty sure the computer as a whole was pretty laggy though, since it's been completely resetted MANY times due to viruses and shit. It's just run it's course and I only use it to blast loud music and sound :lol:

I sure hope I ATLEAST have this current laptop for more than a year. Can't really afford a new one anytime soon (Not after all the expensive trips I've been on and this $230 headset I bought)

For me it's not customisible,It's not as fast, and It crashed on me... alot.

Also there is no Adblock.

Wait.So there is adblock for other web browsers?I was thinking about switching to google chrome someday.

Wait.So there is adblock for other web browsers?I was thinking about switching to google chrome someday.

Eeyup. It's for Mozilla FireFox, Google Chrome, and possibly Opera.

It's worth it. Come to the dark side... We have cookies and no Ads.

I didn't know IE doesn't support Adblock. Again though, I don't need it :). The only ads that annoy me are the ones that pop up and automatially play for you (With fucking sound) on between suggestions while watching a video. I mean, come on, I never clicked on it. Have it like on the main meny where it didn't play any sound

Well I don't hate IE, as it is my fallback browser I use quite alot, but there are some features on Chrome I prefer. I shall list them.

Chrome has Adblock, which I love for youtbe videos.

Chrome has some features I prefer, such as highlighting text for a website and being able to go there with the click of a button instead of having to copy and paste.

Ok so that is actually all realy, but I did use IE while I typed this since Chrome will not always load right.

• Brohoof 1

People haven't said anything about Opera :P........

Aside from that, I have Chrome and Firefox installed. I never use Chrome, and Firefox is mah emergency browser if Internet Explorer suddenly goes batshit insane and cannot load at all unless the computer is restarted (This is very rare, but this wierd occurance also makes Firefox and Chrome freeze up some)

Time it took to load Google homepage:

IE8: 1.22 seconds

Firefox: 1.09 seconds

Chrome: 0.96 seconds

Time it took to load this page completely:

IE: 8.04 seconds

Firefox: 5.13 seconds

Chrome: 7.10 seconds

It's just not good. I hear that it uses a completely different type of coding and web devs are starting to stop making things for it. More importantly, Ponyhoof (modification of Facebook) isn't supported with IE:

Technically, the real reason is Internet Explorer can't run the special kind of script we are using. We could try to figure it out and make it work, but we decided not to waste our time on supporting a lousy browser.

LAAAAAAAAAAG!!!!!!!!!

Also the layout is atrocious and I like my LOTR theme on Chrome too much.

Internet explorer is good for one thing: downloading a better browser.

post-5410-0-65706800-1345517859_thumb.png

IE sounds like it's fun to shove a screwdriver literally up your dick >_<. Ouuuuch......

Time it took to load Google homepage:

IE8: 1.22 seconds

Firefox: 1.09 seconds

Chrome: 0.96 seconds

Time it took to load this page completely:

IE: 8.04 seconds

Firefox: 5.13 seconds

Chrome: 7.10 seconds

It's just not good. I hear that it uses a completely different type of coding and web devs are starting to stop making things for it. More importantly, Ponyhoof (modification of Facebook) isn't supported with IE:

It took me around 4 seconds to load this page on IE. The hell is wrong with your IE?

Better question is, why the hell do I still defend IE? Most of you guys hate it, so there' no point in talking good stff about it :P

HIstorically it's been a terrible experience in every way imaginable. With version 9 they've taken significant strides on all fronts, and it's no longer a browser I would dissuade even casual users like grandma or your chain-mailing aunt from using, though I would recommend just about anybody who is more savvy or an inhabitant of the internet to install something else. It's now capable of doing everything, even if it still does those things poorly, and it's not horrendously slow anymore. That said, it still has a ways to go in supporting open standards that are masterfully implemented by other browsers. Firefox is still the king when it comes to extensibility with Chrome trailing not far behind; IE is sorely lacking in that deparment. Even Opera has it beat.

Security has been overhauled. The tracking protection list lets you make your own set of exclusions, something already well done by Do Not Track Plus, which to my knowledge isn't available as an IE add-on. The SmartScreen filter isn't overly cautious or stupid about what it inhibits, and will actually save many people from doing something they'll soon regret. Despite all of these improvements, Internet Explorer still relies on ActiveX controls. The biggest reason that ActiveX is a serious vulnerability is the way it tightly integrates with Microsoft Office applications, Windows Media Player, and parts of the operating system itself. This means that a nefarious ActiveX control can easily destroy everything rather than being limited to your browser.

All things considered, Internet Explorer no longer deserves the amount of ire it gets, but just about anything else would be a significant improvement, so there's really no reason to use IE despite their continued efforts to make it relevant.

• Brohoof 1

It took me around 4 seconds to load this page on IE. The hell is wrong with your IE?

Keep in mind that I am still on Windows XP with mediocre hardware and the crappy IE8 that was originally with the OS with no updates (because I never use it, which might also be the problem) and that I waited for it to COMPLETELY finish loading everything til I see "done" in the corner.

Pic related:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Keep in mind that I am still on Windows XP with mediocre hardware and the crappy IE8 that was originally with the OS with no updates (because I never use it, which might also be the problem) and that I waited for it to COMPLETELY finish loading everything til I see "done" in the corner.

Pic related:

Posted Image

Windows XP? IE8? There's your problem :lol:. Mine is, of course, on Windows 7, and it's IE9 (I just want IE10 to come. No reason whatsoever, I just want it to come soon), so that may be why mine is much faster.

I remember when I used to use IE6 for quite a whole (Isn't that one the worst one of all?) and I had NO idea there was a Windows 7, or really any other browser (This was when I was young, and I though that Firefox WAS part of IE). By the time I did, IE8 was relatively new, so I could've saved myself the "torture" of IE6 (Even though I never saw the problem with it) a little earlier

Edited by akimBrony

After reading this thread I've noticed Google Chrome seems to be better than Firefox but I'll still be using Firefox since I like it's cutie mark.

I uninstalled Internet Explorer after I got it replaced by two other browsers since it's slow compared to the others. The ability to modify the browser to your liking in IE is also lacking.

Edited by Cloud Chaser

I don't care really. I'm using it right now. Eh i don't like it. it could be better. but i don't feel like useing anything else. i've used it my whole life so i'm used to it. Don't feel like changing. (actually i'm just lazy...) But for some odd reason... is it just me or is IE 9 slower than IE 8... idk just seems weird. Probably just me.

But again idc if its slow or not. Over the years i've learned to be pateint when it comes with computers. If ur not... lets just say u might find yourself going over to Best Buy... As long as it gets me to were i want i'll use it.

After reading this thread I've noticed Google Chrome seems to be better than Firefox but I'll still be using Firefox since I like it's cutie mark.

I uninstalled Internet Explorer after I got it replaced by two other browsers since it's slow compared to the others. The ability to modify the browser to your liking in IE is also lacking.

Remove IE? That's not scientifically possible. YOU are not scientifically possible!

But yeah, IE is a fixed part of whatever Windows version you have. It cannot be removed. You can remove an update, (in my case, when I just now tested it, it took IE8 out, but replaced it with IE6)

Edited by Hamez

Tada! What I have here are the two most useless browsers of all time! Take a moment to absorb their uselessness! :Dpost-6560-0-83673800-1345519853_thumb.png

But seriously, chrome is just faster. That's all.

I know there are many reasons why IE is crap, and I agree to all of them even if I don't know what it is...but the only one that I'm gonna point out is that IE reproduces animated gifs really slow, even if it's in my own harddrive, while in google chrome it goes as fast as lighting

• Brohoof 1

#1: It's the default browser on Windows. So not only do we (developers) have to put up with its worthlessness, but 50% of people (with internet) use it.

#2: 2 year release cycle. So even if Microsoft releases IE-God which makes other browsers cower in fear due to its speed and standards support, when the next version is released it will be outdated.

#3: Crap OS support. IE9, while still bad, is a lot better than IE8. But it's not supported in XP, the most used OS (I think). IE10, which will be better, is not supported in Vista.

#4: It renders a page like IE5 if you forget a doctype. Yes, pages are supposed to have it but it's still something no other browser does.

#5: POOR STANDARDS SUPPORT. IE9, which Microsoft falsely markets as the best browser, does not support gradients, 3D transforms, animations, transitions, text shadows, border images, columns, the resize property, WebM, and WebGL. IE8 supports way less, like multiple background images, box shadows, border radius, rgba() value (I love this so much), opacity, the most useful CSS3 selectors, background sizing, and no HTML5 video support at all.

#6: No Mac versions. Without that I can't test to see how the page will look for the majority of the internet population.

#7: Among other stuff. Like how Microsoft tried to monopolize web standards by making a Javascript equivalent (don't remember its name), but it was horribly unsafe and to disable it you had to find it in IEs terrible preference window (which hasn't changed in IE9).

Damn, how many of you people are web developers? I'm starting to see a recurring trend now :huh:

Web Developers: Hate it with all their guts

Frequent Web Surfers: Hate it/dislike it/neutral

Casual people: Don't give a fuck