Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Give a good reason on why you hate IE

CapnKrunk

It is really, really slow. If you've never used Firefox or Chrome, try it and you'll see what I mean. That's really my only problem with IE, as I love how the newest version looks compared to other browsers.

I guess it might be alright if you have good internet and a well-equipped machine (as opposed to what I have), but right now it takes 10 seconds for IE to boot up and half of that to go to a website, while it takes less than a second on Firefox.

I don't really have that much experience with Chrome but from what experience I have it seems just as fast as Firefox.

You guys know how sometimes a web page says WARNING, YOUR COMPUTER HAS A VIRUS or some shit like that, I couldn't help but notice that it only happens on IE; Chrome and Firefox seem immune to "scareware" like that.

I'm not sure about "YOUR COMPUTER HAS A VIRUS" screens, but I always get a warning if the site I'm visiting has a known infection regardless of my browser.

I'm not sure about "YOUR COMPUTER HAS A VIRUS" screens, but I always get a warning if the site I'm visiting has a known infection regardless of my browser.

I get that when I try going to a harmful website regardless of browser, but what I am referring to is the scareware to trick you into downloading malware.

I like Internet explorer even though I'm using firefox right now, only reason is for some add on I can't have on Internet explorer, I even would use it for like 8 hours a day and still runs good after 3 months, just needed firefox for some add on that they decided not to make compatible with Internet explorer.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer Firefox. I like how it's set up and I find it easier to use and less convoluted than IE. It's not quite as fast as Chrome, but I like Youtube's look/functionality on Firefox over the difference on Chrome.

Also, Firefox and Avast! seem to get along pretty well for me.

I don't use Internet Explorer because I hate the layout, there's not a lot of decent addons and there's no customizability.

As a power user, IE is just a horrible experience.

I use Google Chrome and Opera, The reason why most ponies hate IE is cause of some reasons,

1. Many important features are not included.

2. You cant make your own theme or get a theme on IE sadly

3. Its VERY slow! I cant take how slow it is.

4. YouTube does not support IE anymore

ya that's about it...

Oh come on, let's be serious. Internet Explorer is very useful...

...for downloading a new browser that is.

~~

Edited by VOODOO

You guys know how sometimes a web page says WARNING, YOUR COMPUTER HAS A VIRUS or some shit like that, I couldn't help but notice that it only happens on IE; Chrome and Firefox seem immune to "scareware" like that.

I don't know about that. I installed Firefox on my moms computer and keep it updated for her and everything, and she still manages to find them and download a virus about once a month or so :/

And shouldn't it be "Ra Ri Ru Re Ro"? :P

Oh right, my reason.

Well, all the reasons I hate it have been mentioned, so I'll just add that since ever Vista (and possibly XP, I don't remember), it's been fully integrated into Windows, meaning you can't uninstall it ever no matter how much you want to, and it keeps trying to force you to acknowledge it, generally by associating itself with obscure file types so when you click on some file you downloaded, it's like "SUPRISE IE OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE!" and you have to go associate the file with your default browser manually :(

It's like that annoying kid who follows you and your friends around even though he knows perfectly well that none of you actually like him.

Edited by Evilshy and His Own Ego
  • Brohoof 2

I like Internet explorer even though I'm using firefox right now, only reason is for some add on I can't have on Internet explorer, I even would use it for like 8 hours a day and still runs good after 3 months, just needed firefox for some add on that they decided not to make compatible with Internet explorer.

Just accept that you are using the best browser right now. Be glad that you're not using that piece of crap excuse for a browser.

Also, the add-on maker didn't "decided not to make compatible with Internet explorer". IE doesn't support add-ons! (unless you count virus toolbars and search providers in the search bar as add0ons).

I hate Internet Explorer because it is cooperating with Google. DDD:< Not the main reason. I also don't like Google Chrome. I only use Mozila Firefox. Since the beggining that I have always used it. I hated Internet Explorer always, But I still don't know the main reason...

Just accept that you are using the best browser right now. Be glad that you're not using that piece of crap excuse for a browser.

Also, the add-on maker didn't "decided not to make compatible with Internet explorer". IE doesn't support add-ons! (unless you count virus toolbars and search providers in the search bar as add0ons).

No, I was being serious, I could use Internet explorer all day for 3 months and still run fine, in fact I still need it for sites that isn't compatible with firefox, but what ever, peace!
  • Brohoof 1

Google Chrome is my favorite browser because it only has one search bar and the favorites are alonng the top as well, instead of a long dropdown list. Plus, it's way faster than glitchy IE.

I use Google Chrome and Opera, The reason why most ponies hate IE is cause of some reasons,

1. Many important features are not included.

2. You cant make your own theme or get a theme on IE sadly

3. Its VERY slow! I cant take how slow it is.

4. YouTube does not support IE anymore

ya that's about it...

I'm on YouTube 24/7, and I use IE 24/7, how can it NOT be supported by IE, or is mah IE special

I get that when I try going to a harmful website regardless of browser, but what I am referring to is the scareware to trick you into downloading malware.

That happened to me once. Downloaded the so called "anti-virus" software and soon enough, mah computer was acting shitty. Thankfully, I managed to completely deleted the malware now all is good

I'm on YouTube 24/7, and I use IE 24/7, how can it NOT be supported by IE, or is mah IE special

Not supporting IE means that they won't have people who specifically make things work for IE. If the release some big update to YouTube and it stops working on IE, they won't worry about fixing it (and I can't blame them :P). It'll still work fine until an update like that occurs, at which point they'll say something like "look, IE users, we're sorry, but Firefox and Chrome really are better, and they're a hell of a lot easier to work with on our end. So please make the switch and stop filling my spam folder with hate mail."

Although, I hadn't heard that they stopped supporting IE, of course I rarely use YouTube, so I could've missed an announcement or something.

It's slower than dail-up, it was no customization options, it's one of the only modern browsers with no add-on support, it's doesn't work properly on half the internet, do I have to go on?

A few other things: IE, (or at least IE8 for XP) is extremely terrible at working with multiple tabs. It take no time at all to switch tabs on Firefox or Chrome, but for some reason, my IE8 and IE8 that's on school computers might take a seconds or two to actually switch tabs. It can get very frustrating, and sometimes (maybe frequently) crashes and stops responding. And that's my main beef with it. In fact, I saved a screenshot of the last time I fully used IE at home:

post-7246-0-87022900-1345582186_thumb.jpg

It's just bad news. I hear that some people say that IE9 for Windows 7 is much better, but IE has completely lost my trust. Sorry.

A few other things: IE, (or at least IE8 for XP) is extremely terrible at working with multiple tabs. It take no time at all to switch tabs on Firefox or Chrome, but for some reason, my IE8 and IE8 that's on school computers might take a seconds or two to actually switch tabs. It can get very frustrating, and sometimes (maybe frequently) crashes and stops responding. And that's my main beef with it. In fact, I saved a screenshot of the last time I fully used IE at home:

post-7246-0-87022900-1345582186_thumb.jpg

It's just bad news. I hear that some people say that IE9 for Windows 7 is much better, but IE has completely lost my trust. Sorry.

Trust me, IE9 for W7 IS much better than IE8 on XP. I can have over 10 tabs open and things run smoothly.

Edited by akimBrony

#1: It's the default browser on Windows. So not only do we (developers) have to put up with its worthlessness, but 50% of people (with internet) use it.

#2: 2 year release cycle. So even if Microsoft releases IE-God which makes other browsers cower in fear due to its speed and standards support, when the next version is released it will be outdated.

#3: Crap OS support. IE9, while still bad, is a lot better than IE8. But it's not supported in XP, the most used OS (I think). IE10, which will be better, is not supported in Vista.

#4: It renders a page like IE5 if you forget a doctype. Yes, pages are supposed to have it but it's still something no other browser does.

#5: POOR STANDARDS SUPPORT. IE9, which Microsoft falsely markets as the best browser, does not support gradients, 3D transforms, animations, transitions, text shadows, border images, columns, the resize property, WebM, and WebGL. IE8 supports way less, like multiple background images, box shadows, border radius, rgba() value (I love this so much), opacity, the most useful CSS3 selectors, background sizing, and no HTML5 video support at all.

#6: No Mac versions. Without that I can't test to see how the page will look for the majority of the internet population.

#7: Among other stuff. Like how Microsoft tried to monopolize web standards by making a Javascript equivalent (don't remember its name), but it was horribly unsafe and to disable it you had to find it in IEs terrible preference window (which hasn't changed in IE9).

Wait a minute... are you saying that the majority of the people who use the internet can afford $2000 Facebook machines?

i don't hate it, i feel sad for it because there isn't anything it can do better then it competition

i prefer google chrome because its more simplified to use.

• Brohoof 1

Well when i was on Windows i disliked IE for several reasons, its slow and uses too much system resources, its horribly insecure, and has issues displaying websites properly.

Now i will admit IE today is not as bad a IE6(*shudder*) but it still fails in comparison to other browsers IMO.