Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Give a good reason on why you hate IE

CapnKrunk

I'm gonna have to base it on my own personal experiences with IE. Whenever I used it, it always seemed quite limited in terms of speed and quality. The favorite system was okay, but I found it annoying to use. And the toolbar. It just seemed to be in the way. I once tried Google Chrome, which I still use today, and while IE isn't really horrible, I found Google Chrome to speed by in comparison.

Wait a minute... are you saying that the majority of the people who use the internet can afford $2000 Facebook machines?

I'm saying that without a Mac version, I can't test to see how the webpage will look like for IE users, the majority of the internet population.

I'm saying that without a Mac version, I can't test to see how the webpage will look like for IE users, the majority of the internet population.

Ah, so you use a Mac is what you're saying.

I don't get why people still stick with IE, considering Chrome advertisements are everywhere on IE.

Ah, so you use a Mac is what you're saying.

I don't get why people still stick with IE, considering Chrome advertisements are everywhere on IE.

Here's one reason.

They like it

Here's another.

They're used to it, so they feel comfortable with it

And here's another.

They don't want to get too used to another browser (Actually, this one is just me :P)

it is slower, has a worse layout, and doesn't have very much support for extensions or add-ons. It also isn't compatible with certain web-pages. In my mind there's no reason to use IE over anything else. Even if you need to use IE to view certain pages Firefox has an add-on that emulates IE so even that is not an issue.

I also laugh whenever I see anybody using IE :P

Slow,cluttered, not and most of all, the UI, i just don't like, i personally use and enjoy safari on my Windows pc.

it is slower, has a worse layout, and doesn't have very much support for extensions or add-ons. It also isn't compatible with certain web-pages. In my mind there's no reason to use IE over anything else. Even if you need to use IE to view certain pages Firefox has an add-on that emulates IE so even that is not an issue.

I also laugh whenever I see anybody using IE :P

Ah I used to do that, "hey what's that browser, i don't recognize it" "IE" "HAHAHAHHAHAHA"

Edited by caesar15

I'm running out of ideas, lol. It's clear that most of you (Not all of you) hate IE's digital-guts and won't have the slightest positive thing tosay, wether it be "Oh, it's icon is neat" or "Is really simple, I like it". I guess I don't like it when people talk shit about something I like (Not love, like. I sometimes have problems with IE, but still, I'm one of those people who sticks to what he likes) :mellow:

Slow,cluttered, not and most of all, the UI, i just don't like, i personally use and enjoy safari on my Windows pc.

Time to get Firefox or Chrome on that computer, Apple just discontinued Safari for Windows with the release of version 6.

I don't think anyone HATES it, unless it's a specific case.

There's just better browsers, nothing to it. They're alot more comfortable to use, they are faster, just out-right better.

A few of my reasons:

• Right off the bat it makes you go through this lengthy setup process, asking questions about accelerators, compatibility view, etc.
  • Lacks a ton of HTML5 capability.
  • Doesn't work right with some pages (example, on DA, you can right click on a "Download Link" in Chrome/Firefox/Opera and click "Save Target As", but that doesn't work in IE).
  • Lacks a first-party spell checker, instead requiring add-on functionality.
Granted, it does have some postive features, naming a very simple, minimalistic Interface (even better than Chrome), and it runs very fast. But compared to Chrome and Opera, it's just not as good of a browser.

Firefox - used to love it back in the day, but recently it's become an annoyance to use. I try to avoid Firefox now. Some things that annoy me about Firefox:

• Slowest out of all mainstream browsers.
  • Weird download functionality (seems to randomly pick a folder to save files to).
  • Tends to have stability issues.
  • Brohoof 2

I'm on YouTube 24/7, and I use IE 24/7, how can it NOT be supported by IE, or is mah IE special

That happened to me once. Downloaded the so called "anti-virus" software and soon enough, mah computer was acting shitty. Thankfully, I managed to completely deleted the malware now all is good

I am guessing they removed it cause they don't want to loose support with Windows I am guessing cause when ever I use IE before it would say "IE will soon not be support with YouTube" on the top...

Because it's outdated *insert long list of specific reasons why it sucks that have already been brought up in the thread, here*, and continues to fail in comparison to it's successors. That's it. IE is the browser to download other browsers, in my opinion.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I'm running out of ideas, lol. It's clear that most of you (Not all of you) hate IE's digital-guts and won't have the slightest positive thing tosay, wether it be "Oh, it's icon is neat" or "Is really simple, I like it". I guess I don't like it when people talk shit about something I like (Not love, like. I sometimes have problems with IE, but still, I'm one of those people who sticks to what he likes) :mellow:

Most of us don't choose software becuase "It's icon is neat" :P

I couldn't even use IE if I wanted to (well, there's wine, but ew.). That's Windows only software. I think..

But don't worry, Akimbo! We won't judge you here at MLP Forums! :lol:

Even though you use an awful browser.

• Brohoof 2

Time to get Firefox or Chrome on that computer, Apple just discontinued Safari for Windows with the release of version 6.

Aww really? Dang that sucks, but version 5 isn't buggy for me at all, or slow, so i'll think i'll stick with it unless i really need it.

IE isn't a terrible browser, but its not all that great either. If I HAVE to use it, like at work, its not too bad and works pretty well. But at home, I prefer using Firefox. It runs sooo much better. IE is just too slow, too clunky, and doesn't have as much support as an other browser. If Microsoft would work harder on making IE work better (Versus making it look better) then maybe it would be a better browser.

I am guessing they removed it cause they don't want to loose support with Windows I am guessing cause when ever I use IE before it would say "IE will soon not be support with YouTube" on the top...

It was probably referring to an older version of IE that you may have been running, or that they could just mean phasing out some support for it, meaning some items or features won't work, but the site should still have the ability to run and watch videos. It shouldn't be a problem with something like IE9.

It was probably referring to an older version of IE that you may have been running, or that they could just mean phasing out some support for it, meaning some items or features won't work, but the site should still have the ability to run and watch videos. It shouldn't be a problem with something like IE9.

I'm pretty sure YouTube doesn't support IE8 anymore. At least I think so.......I haven't used IE8 in so long, not since the wireless adapter for mah desktop broke in half......

I'm pretty sure YouTube doesn't support IE8 anymore. At least I think so.......I haven't used IE8 in so long, not since the wireless adapter for mah desktop broke in half......

Well, I just tested it on IE8. There wasn't anything warning me about a lack of support, and I was easily able to watch videos. However, in the first video, the video played smoothly, but some of the button icon didn't load. I could still hit the pause, volume, annotations, resolutions buttons, but there was no picture for them. I decided to reload that page, and the bottom bar just completely disappeared, including the progress bar. The video still played smoothly, but the only thing I could do to it is pause/play the video by clicking on the video itself. All subsequent video I loaded on the YouTube site had the same problem. Then I tried watching a video in the embedded player on this site. The bottom bar loaded just the like the first one (without icon pictures, and the caption bottom icon loaded, but said "Captions are not available", even though it was my video and I had added captions), and the video was very laggy.

So basically, like I was trying to imply before, when something isn't supported anymore, it doesn't necessarily mean that its going to stop working immediately, just they aren't going to keep developing the site to cater specifically to that browser anymore. As the site evolves, old versions of browsers will be left behind.

This may or may not be the case, or this might have just been my hardware, lack of updates, something else. But seeing as IE8 still had an incredibly large market share (More-up-to-date source: http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser_version-ww-monthly-201208-201208-bar ) I don't think they would be phasing out support for IE8 just yet.

Edited by Hamez

Well, I just tested it on IE8. There wasn't anything warning me about a lack of support, and I was easily able to watch videos. However, in the first video, the video played smoothly, but some of the button icon didn't load. I could still hit the pause, volume, annotations, resolutions buttons, but there was no picture for them. I decided to reload that page, and the bottom bar just completely disappeared, including the progress bar. The video still played smoothly, but the only thing I could do to it is pause/play the video by clicking on the video itself. All subsequent video I loaded on the YouTube site had the same problem. Then I tried watching a video in the embedded player on this site. The bottom bar loaded just the like the first one (without icon pictures, and the caption bottom icon loaded, but said "Captions are not available", even though it was my video and I had added captions), and the video was very laggy.

So basically, like I was trying to imply before, when something isn't supported anymore, it doesn't necessarily mean that its going to stop working immediately, just they aren't going to keep developing the site to cater specifically to that browser anymore. As the site evolves, old versions of browsers will be left behind.

This may or may not be the case, or this might have just been my hardware, lack of updates, something else. But seeing as IE8 still had an incredibly large market share (Source, as of March 2012: http://royal.pingdom...y-birthday-ie8/ ) I don't think they would be phasing out support for IE8 just yet.

Oh okay. I think it was IE7 that was thinking of. Pretty much everything big phased that version out.

The interface continues to be rubbish. It feels sluggish still compared to both Firefox and Opera, both of which aren't even the fastest. It started the whole ActiveX thing which is nothing more than a gaping security hole in an already sinking ship. Lastly, as far as I know, no LastPass support which is a requirement for me. So in the meantime, I'll stick to Waterfox on a CPU with no AVX.