Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lost

Planetside 2, for those who don't know is a MMOFPS on a massive scale, developed by Sony Online Entertainment, it is the completely free sequel to Planetside (a game now in its 9th year) and the beta keys are currently being handed out as you read this post.

http://www.planetside2.com/

I've already played an hour of it before they restarted the servers, as an original Planetside player i got priority access, second to be allowed to play are people who got codes from PC Gamer magazine, followed by people with normal beta keys. From what i played i can already tell you that this is going to be one hell of a game, it is HUGE, we're talking maps larger than any online map you've ever played.

Anyway, just thought i would get the word out, doesn't seem to me like enough people know about this game, check out the website and the trailer for it and tell me what you think.
Also, anyone here an original Planetside players?

post-7214-0-09435000-1345516380.jpg

Edited by Artemis
added prefix
  • Brohoof 1

i have 3 keys, one is for being a veteran of planetside 1, another is from PC gamer and another one they sent to one of my old accounts :/

But yeah, from what I've played, its epic.

@@Lost, I don't mean to be a beggar but may I have the PC Gamer Key, please? Only if you're ok with it, obviously. I don't want to wait to get my beta key and I'll probably never get it.

i'll see if i can find it, if i can i'll send it you in a private message :)

What faction is everyone gonna play? i played Vanu back in the day so thats what i play now.

post-7214-0-57256300-1345937340_thumb.jpg

i'll see if i can find it, if i can i'll send it you in a private message :)

What faction is everyone gonna play?

You will have my eternal gratitude if you find it!

I played as the "New Conglomerate" . I remember having played as some blue and yellow colored guys so I guess it's them. I'll probably play the faction that everyone will be playing, That way we can play together and form a squad.

You will have my eternal gratitude if you find it!

I played as the "New Conglomerate" . I remember having played as some blue and yellow colored guys so I guess it's them. I'll probably play the faction that everyone will be playing, That way we can play together and form a squad.

well most members of the forum are from America, so i wont be playing on the same servers as you guys, as i am from England :/

Right, tried it out today and my first impression is... pretty good. The big battles are awesome but the game is a bit buggy. I'm playing on EU server 1, so if anyone feels like joining me thats where I am.

Right, tried it out today and my first impression is... pretty good. The big battles are awesome but the game is a bit buggy. I'm playing on EU server 1, so if anyone feels like joining me thats where I am.

I'm playing Vanu on the EU server 1, character name is Reshi. Hopefully i'll see you on the battlefield!

And what do you expect, its bound to be buggy considering it has only JUST come out of Alpha testing :P all in all its not the most buggy game i've tested, you should have seen Battlefield 3 in Alpha, it was insanely buggy.

I'm playing Vanu on the EU server 1, character name is Reshi. Hopefully i'll see you on the battlefield!

And what do you expect, its bound to be buggy considering it has only JUST come out of Alpha testing :P all in all its not the most buggy game i've tested, you should have seen Battlefield 3 in Alpha, it was insanely buggy.

I'm part of the Vanu too :) My character is Pyrolysis, so you may find me some time :D The new conglomerate are winning, so we better fight them back.

EDIT: I just took part in an epic hour long siege by the Vanu to take the Crown from the Terran. We are underpopulated, underpowered, but we still prevailed over the vastly larger force. We epically battled up the ridge, then battled through the massive complex to attain victory :D

Edited by Carbon

I'm part of the Vanu too :) My character is Pyrolysis, so you may find me some time :D The new conglomerate are winning, so we better fight them back.

EDIT: I just took part in an epic hour long siege by the Vanu to take the Crown from the Terran. We are underpopulated, underpowered, but we still prevailed over the vastly larger force. We epically battled up the ridge, then battled through the massive complex to attain victory :D

I took a bomber up to mao last night while it was under NC control, we managed to take most parts of the area before we eventually had to call in backup, it was awesome :D

You guys are on different servers. I'll have to play all by myself. :(

I have an NC character on US West 01 and a Terran one in US East 03

Edited by Lonewolf

Glory to the Vanu!

Glory to the Vanu!

I'm gonna try out some NC and TR characters but my blood will always be purple. Vanu is the best faction, i just wanna see whats happening on the other factions :D

I am happy to report... further glory to the Vanu! But seriously, we must have the better players because we are defeating the other factions which significantly outnumber us:

post-6674-0-91973100-1346689301_thumb.jpg

I've actually been swayed into the side of the NC now, vanu are awesome in every aspect bar their infantry guns, pew pew lazorz seem to be unable to hold up against a good ol' assault rifle, which is a real shame tbh, i liked vanu :/

Ohhh, nice share; I didn't even know about this upcoming game. Seems like it'll be a lot of fun. How are you liking it so far?

Thanks!

~~

It is amazing, to say it is free to play is just awesome :D

If your a fan of open world and teamwork this is the game for you, even if you prefer solo play you should still like it, although it would get ridiculously hard to keep capturing facility on your own (i found that out the hard way >.>)

The graphics are rather awe inspiring too, not to mention the sheer size of the game, each facility is no smaller than the biggest call of duty maps, some are even as big as a large battlefield 3 map, now take into account there are near enough 100 facilities on a single planet, and while in beta there is only one planet, on release there should be dozens if not more.

It is amazing, to say it is free to play is just awesome :D

If your a fan of open world and teamwork this is the game for you, even if you prefer solo play you should still like it, although it would get ridiculously hard to keep capturing facility on your own (i found that out the hard way >.>)

The graphics are rather awe inspiring too, not to mention the sheer size of the game, each facility is no smaller than the biggest call of duty maps, some are even as big as a large battlefield 3 map, now take into account there are near enough 100 facilities on a single planet, and while in beta there is only one planet, on release there should be dozens if not more.

I guess this would be my kind of game then. Too bad I just now saw your thread though; as it appears that they're only handing out beta access on an invite-only basis.

~~

I guess this would be my kind of game then. Too bad I just now saw your thread though; as it appears that they're only handing out beta access on an invite-only basis.

~~

Yeah, but its worth signing up to get invited. Also if you have twitter, they have a tendency to give the keys away on their twitter account @planetside2, although you generally have to give them a good reason to give you one.

Yeah, but its worth signing up to get invited. Also if you have twitter, they have a tendency to give the keys away on their twitter account @planetside2, although you generally have to give them a good reason to give you one.

Yeah just signed up for an account/beta. I'll be sure to check their Twitter too. If I don't get in, at least it'll be something I can look forward to when it releases.

~~

• 5 weeks later...

I got my key through IGN a last month. They recently added so you could buy "Alpha Squad" for $40 where you get instant access to the beta and a bunch of station cash. there will also be some in-game items but you don't get them until release. I bought it for myself and also got an extra key which I gave to a friend.

I've played this a few times and I quite like it. it was a bit hard at first because you had to figure everything out yourself and it wasn't immediately apparent. The massive scale battle appeals to me as well how the games purely objective based. It can be annoying getting to places sometimes though as the map is so big but with vehicles it makes things easier and more fun.

I played the hell out of Planetside the first one, and loved it. Had some great memories on it, and provided they don't muck things up PS2 will be amazing as well. I'm just waiting for the PC Gamer keys to activate, which if they have already, please tell me as I didn't get my email then inviting me to the beta.

And just because, Vanu Sparkle, as Vanu was my favourite faction in the first one.

Posted Image

Edited by Vy'drach
  • Brohoof 1