Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lost

I played the hell out of Planetside the first one, and loved it. Had some great memories on it, and provided they don't muck things up PS2 will be amazing as well. I'm just waiting for the PC Gamer keys to activate, which if they have already, please tell me as I didn't get my email then inviting me to the beta.

And just because, Vanu Sparkle, as Vanu was my favourite faction in the first one.

Posted Image

PC Gamer keys should be active already, head on over to the planetside 2 website and enter them. If they don't work try hitting up the official twitter, they've handed me 2 keys so far, grand total of 5 keys i've had now >.>

Already entered my code a long time ago and they were supposed to email me with the beta code, but I haven't received an email from them about it, is the thing.

Yeah, I've had enough experiences with full game releases that felt like betas (Crysis). I'll let some other suckers struggle with it now and wait for the final product. Based on what I've seen it's going to be amazing. Probably going to download it on day one after its official release.

I look forward to playing with all of you or annihilating you, whichever you prefer. ;)

There was a major update released to the game yesterday. They added a new continent and also simplified the territory capturing requirements. They also finally added in a lot of certifications which are like skills for each class and vehicle.

Everyone currently in the beta should of gotten a email. Along with the email was a beta code which you can give away to someone. I have no one else that I could give it to so if someone here wants it just say so and I'll give it to you.

• 1 month later...

I gave in and played the beta. To be honest it wasn't as frustrating as I thought it would be, but it still had lots of kinks to be worked out. That's to be expected of a beta. My biggest issues weren't so much with the game as they were with my video driver. AMD has always had lousy drivers. I have to run it on medium graphics with all sorts of eye candy disabled. Looks bad.

Well, I just uninstalled the beta and I'm now downloading the real deal. It's about 7,300 megs. Should be done in about 20-25 minutes. Give me a holler if you want to team up or something. Doesn't matter to me which faction you prefer.

Edited by Artemis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there anyone still playing this game? I'm curious to what server everyone is on, plus curious to what faction everyone went with.

I have a character for all three factions, all of which are on Waterson. Most of the time I play as VS because I'm in a VS brony outfit.

• 2 months later...

Hey, recently I've been playing some Planet Side 2.

Does anyone else play this/ what are you thoughts?

I love the 100 vs 100 battles it's noting I've ever seen before in a game especially and MMO-FPS.

For those that don't know what it is:

Planet Side 2 is an MMO-FPS where you battle over 3 continents to gain control of them completely. There are 3 faction's you can play and 6 classes.

You can also fly planes and tanks and have air and tank battles with people are well as close quarters fire fights.

Its Free to Play on steam.

I play it, quite often too.

recently I've had to break from games due to midterms this week and next. 

Hoping to get back into gaming again soon though

I play red team though. (can't think of name and don't feel like going to google :P)

Hah!

I downloaded Planetside 2 and i was only getting 12-20 frames on the lowest settings.

I'm surprised my PC didn't explode.

And that's what i get for buying a $600 HP computer from WalMart.com

• Brohoof 1

Hah!

I downloaded Planetside 2 and i was only getting 12-20 frames on the lowest settings.

I'm surprised my PC didn't explode.

And that's what i get for buying a $600 HP computer from WalMart.com

I'm running it on a fairly beefy computer and I'm still only getting 20ish fps in the major fights on the low settings. The game really needs some better optimisation.

The gameplay itself is great, what you will need to do however is join a fairly active Outfit, it becomes much more enjoyable that running around on your own. 

• Brohoof 1

I fixed up that post for you. You're welcome.

Congratulations on being my very first victim as a Grammar Nazi General, and have a nice day

Can you please correct everything I do? I would honestly appreciate it so much haha, I'm so bad at typing and spelling.

@gigachimp nice! I also play the red (Terran Republic) team :)

I play on occasion but not as often as I used to. I agree that soloing it usually isn't as fun as working with a team, also get a Under slung Grenade Launcher for the Engie class ASAP. Trust me it's worth it.

(Oh and TR is best faction)

Edited by Firelord Derpy

When I downloaded it and tested it, I thought my computer was going to explode. It ran on an incredible 5 fps, if not lower. 

I like to watch Total Biscuit play it, but I can't play it, as mentioned above

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 2

Well I did, but stopped since my CPU couldn't handle it. Replaced my 6870 gpu with a 7970, but that didn't do anything at all, so I continued engaging in fights with fps below 20. Got tired of playing with such low performance, so I quit. 

@@Nordica,

It ran on an incredible 5 fps,

Yeah it can be really nasty on your machine :/

It's a shame because when its running perfectly its a bucket load of fun :D

I generally have to avoid the biggest fights but hopefully ill be getting a new PC to boost my performance a bit while playing :x

I merged your thread with an older one. Please use the search feature to ensure a similar or identical topic doesn't exist before beginning a new one. Thanks.

I haven't played much for the past few weeks due to several responsibilities and diminished interest, but it's a fun game and has improved considerably since its launch. I'm a member of two different VS outfits on two different servers. Also have an NC character that hasn't seen much action, and I used to have a TR character. The TR guy had to bite it so I could make my second VS guy to join another outfit. Protip: The TR guys on Mattherson don't take well to bronies.

Considering that I'm primarily an infantry guy (I play as an engineer more than anything else), the TR is my favorite faction to play as. The higher rate of fire and reduced recoil of their guns is better suited to my style of combat. VS all the way for ground armor; I know my way around a magrider as well as anyone.

Since I haven't played much since the updates delivered this year and haven't read any change logs, I don't know of (m)any changes made to ground weapons. NC guns were definitely overpowered as of when I was still an active player. Their standard carbine could do as much damage with a 3-5 round burst as it would take me nearly half of a clip with my Solstice (VS). In other words, as soon as an NC light assault or engineer got his crosshairs over you, it was over; start thinking about where to respawn. For that reason I always fought the TR and deliberately avoided areas occupied or under siege by the NC. Every faction has to have something to set them apart from the others and give people more than aesthetic reasons for choosing them, but I think they went way overboard there.

Well I did, but stopped since my CPU couldn't handle it. Replaced my 6870 gpu with a 7970, but that didn't do anything at all, so I continued engaging in fights with fps below 20. Got tired of playing with such low performance, so I quit.

Because the game is mostly CPU-locked and it has no idea what to do with AMD hardware. If you're an nVidia user, you're good to go. AMD requires some finagling. I have a 6970, which is more than enough power to handle this game at maximum graphical settings, but the drivers just don't cut it. The only way I can turn the graphics above Medium is to underclock my GPU by about 40MHz and manually ramp the fan up to 75%. I can leave the GPU frequency alone and drop the fan to 60% if I leave the graphics on Medium. My average FPS is 30.

• Brohoof 1

Woah, this thread is a thing?!

I haven't played much recently, but I've been looking to get back into it. My character name's Jaswinder, I'm in VS on Mattherson.

• 1 month later...

"Planetside 2. One of few games that I know where 85% of your team, won't make it out of spawn" -FANKIEonPCin1080p

So, I looked for one of these Topics but failed. So i make one instead.

this is the place to be if you want to talk about Planetside 2, especially to me ;)

I absolutely Love this game. My friends and I are looking for some players to join us.

There is a problem, we are in Australia, so other countries might have difficulty joining or enjoying the Briggs server, so we are really looking for Aussies to join us!

here are a few questions im interested in knowing from different people.

What do you think of the game?

What do you think about the new PhysX Feature for the Nvidia folk?

What Faction? NC, TR or VS?

post-14662-0-61851500-1365864936_thumb.jpg

Terran Republic will Stand!

So yeah! throw me some questions, Im open!

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Surprised that this topic didn't explode in popularity.

Anyways..

here are a few questions im interested in knowing from different people.

Lets do this shit.

What do you think of the game?

Epic. But to many bambies.

What do you think about the new PhysX Feature for the Nvidia folk?

Love it. Never heard of such feature tho xP

Terran Republic will Stand!

Amen! 

What Faction? NC, TR or VS?

Terran Republic!

Edited by SmittyWerbenjagermanjense
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I tried this game thanks to an Angry Joe review and I got to say that this game is flipping amazing. I have never played a game that honestly made me feel like I was in a genuine massive warzone like this. The community is fairly decent besides the fact people will sometimes just kill you for no reason but  the lulz and sometimes you find yourself alone patrolling or guarding areas because everyone wants to run on an assault and you along with maybe two other dudes are patient enough to wait for the infiltration teams to try and get into your base. Can't tell you how many kills I got just by setting up a higher ground position and waiting for a couple of minutes for whole jet pack squads to try and slip in the back.

It is a big game though but it makes up for it by being free. You can buy specific things in game but you can also earn alot of the same things with in game points which do take a while to build up. The classes are fun but simple and won't really introduce a system too complex for beginners.

I had to uninstall it in the end because the game size was stressing out my PC and I also use this computer in conjunction with other heavy softwares like flash and maya. If I had a gaming PC this would definitely be on it because it is fun, even when you are minimal numbers it is fun, I enjoyed myself just teaming up with an engineer and going on a bike run to strategically take low populated bases while setting up  look out positions before hand. 

When I played I used heavy for guard duty but I preferred to be either a Medic Or Engineer(primarily an engineer) because I like to play the support role. Even when I am a heavy I mainly use the gun for suppression fire since I suck and do it to take pressure off other people. 

I started as NC but as I kept playing I notice more jerks and lack of team players in NC. So I tried every faction annnd....probably...have to say...VS.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was sniping on Planetside 2 not too long ago, i play NC.

I was intending to play as VS, but when i tried sniping as them during the Beta it didn't work out too well, so abandoned the VS to go with the NC.

For those who didn't read the first post i made in this topic, i played Planetside 1 for years when it first came out :3 Spending most of my time either flying a Reaver or stealthing around hacking bases on different planets, good times :D

I play Planetside 2 mainly as a Sniper, also taking certs in flying the Liberator.

• Brohoof 1

I was sniping on Planetside 2 not too long ago, i play NC.

I was intending to play as VS, but when i tried sniping as them during the Beta it didn't work out too well, so abandoned the VS to go with the NC.

The NC are fortunate to have a high-powered bolt-action rifle for the default weapon of their snipers. The VS start you off with an underpowered semi-automatic that requires three headshots to kill someone. Semi-autos are generally terrible. The cheapest bolt-action you can get for the VS is the V10 and it's given to purchasers of the Alpha Squad Pack from the start of the game. I think it does its job well.

I suppose I should have posted here awhile ago seeing as how I've been into this game for some time now.

I solely play as the Terran Republic on the Connery server. "NewCalamity" Battle Rank 18 as of this post.

I haven't given dedicated cert grinding much though, but I think I will begin focusing on certifying my armour. Primarily the Prowler for the time being. Focusing on the Harasser as well might not be such a terrible idea seeing as how the majority of my playtime is spent with @Artemis.

post-1644-0-98537500-1370037352.png