Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst Cartoon shows?

PonyPassions

• Teen Titans Go!
  • Breadwinners
  • Johnny Test
  • Sanjay and Craig
  • My Gym Partner's a Monkey (It would remind you way too much of Sanjay and Craig).
  • Problem Solverz
  • Mr. Pickles (It crosses the "way too disgusting" line far too many times).
  • Fanboy and Chum Chum

I don't really watch much of the new cartoons these days, but from what I've seen they look pretty horrible. Someone mentioned the New Looney Tunes show and I have to agree. Lola Bunny was my new favorite character from Space Jam and they ruined her! They made her a ditzy annoying airhead who I can't stand for five minutes rather than the cool character she was in Space Jam.

Most shows that are bad have already been mentioned but Uncle Grandpa is horrible and crude. How are these cartoons again? Teen Titans Go, Totally Spies (annoying Charlie's Angels ripoff). I never liked Spongebob I just found it annoying and stupid. Amazing Adventures of Gumball, Chowder, Pac Man

I'm typically not a person who truly hates media on TV, but there are things few and far between that I genuinely don't like. I'm generally not interested in live-actions shows (unless they have an interesting premise and/or characters) and adult "comedy" shows (like Mr. Pickles, Brickleberry, Legends of Chamberlain Heights etc.), but what especially turns me away is bad animation, bad writting, bad acting and a bad art style. Let me just bring up Chop Socky Chooks and Gormiti: Nature Unleashed. These two shows once aired on CN a few years back and they were very unappealing to me - only watching them ironically just to see how bad they can get - due to how they were handled.

First is Chop Socky Chooks: the premise sounds bland, many episodes are boring and the animation is very meh, but what stood out for me the most is character design. Case in point, there are the main characters; according to the show and some other sources they are chickens, but to me they look less like chickens and more like deformed Combusken knock-offs. Bubba is... a gorilla I guess, and... I have no idea what Wasabi is. Wikipedia claims he's a piranha but I would personally say he's rather some strange toothy alien in a space suit with his helmet filled with water. The citizens are just as strange, from being of an unrecognizable species to just having bizarrely placed facial features. And for some weird reason, it seems the show favors having one-eyed characters...

And now, Gormiti: Nature Unleashed. God, I don't even know where to begin. The animation is abysmal, particularly suffering from movements of characters and their bodies (not just limited to their limbs, mind you) as well as the execution of visual effects like splashing water or pulsating flesh of a living creature (yes, the show has the latter in one episode). The episodes feel padded out, as if a given scene lasts over 15 minutes, which means they are tiring to watch to be honest. The story also felt quite incomprehensible, probably because the show was originally Italian so some things may have been lost during translation. Don't even get me started on the opening intro; the song itself is just so cringy and some of the rhyming especially gets on my nerves (rhyming "nature" with "future"? Couldn't you use something like "danger" instead of "future" and change the rest of the line to fit?). Character design isn't so bad though, I do admit the main characters in their powered form look pretty cool but that's the only thing I like about it.

• 3 years later...

I tried the rick and morty show, and that horse guy show, and didn't like them. Got the Family Guy stiffness to them, and jokes that don't fit cartoons (it has been done before, try a different media to get attention instead)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 7:21 AM, Splashee® said:

and that horse guy show, and didn't like them. Got the Family Guy stiffness to them

You mean Bojack Horseman? How did you get Family Guy feeling, they're really different in core:huh:

- Butt Ugly Martians

- Planet Sheen

- Johnny Test

- Teen Titans GO! (But the movie is surprisingly good from what I heard)

- Fanboy and Chum Chum

- Breadwinners

- Ren and Stimpy

- Uncle Grandpa

- The Fairly Oddparents post-Season 8

- G3/3.5 of MLP

- Caillou

I could think of more, but these are the ones that come to mind for me.

• 2 months later...

Uncle Grandpa, Dora the Explorer, and My Gym Partner’s a Monkey. I at least watched a couple of Dora. The other two were cringe at first sight :scoots:

On 3/14/2017 at 9:39 PM, IronM17 said:

-X-Duckx

Oh yeah, that too :eww:. I’ve just remembered Mega Babies as well :scoots:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...