Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Childhood plans that will never come true

Cocodrillo

So.. today in my eternal twist of thoughts it somehow came to my childhood plans.

My plans included the job of the mad scientist (inventor)/professional artist. There is possibility to make the first come true, but not the second; I´ve chosen the science path over art. :( So the only place where I´ll ever find my art is my house.

Another plan was to get married when I´m 18. It´s crazy. I mean, now I´m 17 and I already got a promise of proposal when I´m 18, but

a) I don´t think it´s gonna happen, you know, men...

b ) If it happens I won´t get married until I have the graduation, which means at least +1 year.

-another plan down.

The other plans are things that I still want to come true and are possible, but well, you never know... Like to stay with the loved one forever, to have twins & have a house with a huge garden full of animals.

My childhood never ended so I´m still coming up with more and more plans, well, more like dreams... One day, I´ll ride a unicorn across the rainbow! (even before mlp fim :P )

Posted Image

Do you remember any of the plans you´ve made as a child, that you already know they´ll never come true? (I´m not talking about dreams - dreams are not here to come true, but to be dreamed of. I´m talking about clear plans - the achieveable things, but it´s probably too late for them)

And some that are pretty possible?

Edited by Suntouched Coco

I assume when we mean "child", we can also include our teenage years if applicable.

I thought I could become a semi-competent concert/jazz pianist when I first started to play (at 14), but I realize now with my aversion to practice that that dream is pretty much out the window.

Sadly, I didn't dream much about the future when I was much younger. Thinking about one's goals in life never struck me as an interesting endeavor-- I was just concerned about getting the next A and behaving according to whatever standards my parents, teachers, and counselors set for me.

It's a terrible idea to get married at 18 anyway. You're way too young and not mature enough. A lot of 18 year olds still live with their parents. You'll meet tons of new people with college and everything and the chances that you marriage lasts are very slim.

The unicorn thing seems reasonable enough though. :D

• Brohoof 3

Becoming a fighter pilot. Got crushed pretty quick when my eyesight got worse. Now my eyes are so bad they won't accept me at all. Although there's still little hope, seeing as they might pay for laser surgery if they see potential in you. But, they only train 2 pilots for actual duty each year, and there's thousands of people interested in becoming one.

Sigh, all this stuff makes me hate myself again. Although it's not my fault of course.

• Brohoof 1

It's a terrible idea to get married at 18 anyway. You're way too young and not mature enough. A lot of 18 year olds still live with their parents. You'll meet tons of new people with college and everything and the chances that you marriage lasts are very slim.

The unicorn thing seems reasonable enough though. :D

Well, I made that plan when I was like 4 years old, so don´t blame me... We´ll see how the things will continue! :lol:

Yeah make fun of my dream, but one day, you´ll see..! :lol: (you´d better know I´m going to be a genetic engineer :lol: )

I've wanted to either become an astronomer, stock broker, or a locomotives engineer. The last two I still have in mind, but the astronomer thing just isn't going to work for me. My emergency job is to join the army and drive one of the tanks. I know, bad plan. If all else fails, um.... MLP till I die?

I'm still 13 so I'll keep on planning.

I wanna own a library! I am a major reader and I go to the library quite frequently.

I want to got to cosmetology school and then open a shop with my mom for extreme hair color and tattoos.

I really want to get better with my flute and maybe learn guitar and drums along the way.

I always failed at childhood plans.

5yrs - go swing by myself (lolwut?)

8yrs - make a megaman game (into mageman at that time)

12yrs - Join band (NOPE.avi)

13yrs - Get a girlfriend (1 year late)

I'm terrible, aren't I?

I actually achieved my childhood dream in a way. I am a pokemon master!... well, at least in first generation. I proudly have filled my pokedex this summer, but im still working on the "digimon tamer" dream... :(

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I've wanted to either become an astronomer, stock broker, or a locomotives engineer. The last two I still have in mind, but the astronomer thing just isn't going to work for me. My emergency job is to join the army and drive one of the tanks. I know, bad plan. If all else fails, um.... MLP till I die?

If only enjoying MLP and browsing ponies was a job that you could get paid for...if it was, screw education, acquire ponies!

when I was really young, I wanted to live in a library, and I wanted to be moved out at 18, I'm 19 and switching between parents, till I find a job to live off of.

I want to live in the library! I'm there enough I so could! I would sleep in the corner with a book and a pillow and a blanket and read all the books and bite people when they tried to check them out. I could be a library cat!

• Brohoof 2

When I was child my dream was to paint pedestrian crossing on the street, this was my dream-job :blink: . Every child wanted to be policeman/superhero/firefighter and I wanted to paint stripes on the street :blink: . That's kinda weird and I have no Idea why I used to have such a ridiculous dream :lol:

• Brohoof 1

When I was child my dream was to paint pedestrian crossing on the street, this was my dream-job :blink: . Every child wanted to be policeman/superhero/firefighter and I wanted to paint stripes on the street :blink: . That's kinda weird and I have no Idea why I used to have such a ridiculous dream :lol:

Painting stripes would be fun! Would you use spray paint on stencils or just have to be skilled enough to pain them straight?

Painting stripes would be fun! Would you use spray paint on stencils or just have to be skilled enough to pain them straight?

As far as I can remember, I wanted to use only paintbrush, nothing more.

I was going to become a scientist so that I could genetically engineer pokemon and give myself superpowers. These dreams were crushed when I learned that science is hard.

Too bad, but you should think about it again, we could be co-workers! (I´m actually working hard to become a genetic engineer ;))

Too bad, but you should think about it again, we could be co-workers! (I´m actually working hard to become a genetic engineer ;))

As cool as it would be to actually be a part of such a complex and interesting field, it probably wouldn't be a great fit for me.

I'm actually majoring in nursing because I like the patient-provider connection and because being a doctor is overrated.

Since you are going to be doing "real science" I'm entrusting you with fulfilling my dreams of creating pokemon and superpowers. Good Luck!

• Brohoof 2

When I was younger, all I wanted was somebody to love. I wanted to get a guy (or girl, for that matter) that was just as perfect as some kind of anime character.

When I was younger, I wanted to learn how to play the guitar, and I wanted to be a rockstar. I wanted to sing lead while playing rhythm guitar. It was my biggest dream, really.

When I was younger, I wanted one of my ideas to be turned into a high-budget movie production.

When I was younger, I wanted everyone to love me. Everyone.

Nowadays, I hate people, and want nothing to do with them. I don't want to date. Not at all.

Nowadays, I hate most genres of music, and only listen to electronic.

Nowadays, I hate movies. I haven't watched a movie with real life people in it in a loooong, loooong time.

Nowadays, like I said, I hate people. I'd rather have everyone ignore me, to be honest.

Child me = Opposite of current me

• Brohoof 2

The only childhood plan I actually ever had was my plan to kill myself on my 18th birthday. Unfortunately my parents had already payed for my college before my 18th birthday so I feel obligated to wait another 10 years. T_T 55 days have passed since my 18th birthday lol

I've come to the sad, slow realization that I will never become a Super Saiyan. It hurts on multiple levels.

dont give up! nothing is impossible!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxCrugJj_o

anyway, i had dreams to be a chef, but eventually i found that boring.