Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Childhood plans that will never come true

Cocodrillo

Becoming a fighter pilot. Got crushed pretty quick when my eyesight got worse. Now my eyes are so bad they won't accept me at all. Although there's still little hope, seeing as they might pay for laser surgery if they see potential in you. But, they only train 2 pilots for actual duty each year, and there's thousands of people interested in becoming one.

Sigh, all this stuff makes me hate myself again. Although it's not my fault of course.

You could always become a pilot in a different sector if you love flying. There's tons of civilian jobs that use pilots.

• Brohoof 1

You could always become a pilot in a different sector if you love flying. There's tons of civilian jobs that use pilots.

Oh I know there's also jobs in the civilian sector, problem is that the civilian pilot education is extremely expensive. I can't afford it nor can my parents. On top of that, the flight business around here is going through a bad time, and it looks like it won't improve anytime soon. And with 'bad time' I mean financial problems, lack of job opportunity, etc.

But I'm looking for other opportunities. For example, if you join the air force and you decide to follow more education to get a higher level job they will pay it for you. So I might just join to develop myself as an aircraft mechanic. I always had an interest in the working of the airplanes too, so aircraft mechanic is second best to pilot.

• Brohoof 1

lol well... probably never going to be an astronaut, or a fighter pilot,

even i had unreal hopes and dream

becoming a firefighter

staying with the first girl i met (ha! yeah she crushed me :P 1.5 years then bam! friend zoned)

now my only goals are realistic and logical.

staying with the first girl i met )

Yeah I had the same plan. He dumped me after 2 years. Now we´re still friends, I haven´t friendzone him nor did he, but I just don´t want him anymore (well, he broke my heart, it wasn´t good times after all.., and also he got pretty spoiled. -_- ), and he realized too late that there is not a bunch of other girls that would die to go out with him and that I´m the best what ever happened in his life! B) (bragging much? :lol: ). He found just one girl that sacrificed herself, dated him, and broke HIS heart after a month. It might be mean but when he was "crying on my shoulder" about it, like he likes to do about everything, I was glad that he tasted his own medicine.

• Brohoof 1

My plans starting from the first to the last

1. I wanted to be a paleontologist when I was about 5 to 9

2. from 9 to 11 I wanted to be a chef

3. from 11 two 14 I wanted to be an actor.

Now I am 15 and I want to join the circus :)

Edited by Flame Dancer
  • Brohoof 1

I wanted to be a racecar driver, a paleontologist, an astronaut, a zookeeper, a voice actor, an actor, a rockstar, a musician of sorts, or an artist. Some of those jobs I'm not intersted in anymore, others I realized just weren't gonna happen. I think I also wanted pokemon to be real, it was disappointing to know that that was never gonna happen.

Edited by Jalaton

i once decided to take upon myself the task of taking over the world then i realized that i would accomplish nothing in doing so also i became a brony that means love and tolerate

When I was really young (single digits), I wanted to be an "employee" (whatever that meant) when I grew up because I would always see "Employees Only" signs on doors and I wanted to know what was back there. Of course, now I know better, so I guess my childhood plan of being an employee at every place with an "Employees Only" area is infeasible and undesirable.

• Brohoof 3

I thought I had a knack for working with computers and electronics when I was younger; I thought for sure they would be a part of my career someday.

As it turns out, I can't do electrical repair work for crap, and programming is just way over my head. Oh well.

I was a really odd child, every night before I went to sleep I would sit there and think to myself about all the ways I could die in my sleep, and not ever get a tomorrow. I would concentrate on how I lived that day, and would wonder if I was alright dying after living that day, wondering if I had lived enough up to that point. This brings me back to those questions that were "Where do you see yourself in x amount of time?" I'd be really young, and answering "dead." It took me until I was about 17 to be able to answer that question with something other than the word dead, and it's taken me until the age of 20 to actually believe in the future, and be able to say that I can look forward to the future. My answer 3 years ago compared to now was "I see my self exactly where I am now, living in this moment. The future is static and unreliable, and non existent." I see myself now hoping in 5 years to be still with the man I am currently with, and sharing my life with him. Nothing too spectacular, I just hope to be share this static and unreliable future with the one that I do love.

The only childhood plan I actually ever had was my plan to kill myself on my 18th birthday. Unfortunately my parents had already payed for my college before my 18th birthday so I feel obligated to wait another 10 years. T_T 55 days have passed since my 18th birthday lol

I remember that when I was young, I thought that people could live forever. I was horrified when I found out everyone dies eventually :lol:

I, at first, wanted to draw cartoons. Then when I started getting into music, I wanted to be a jazz trumpeter. Then when I realized that I was more of a woodwind person I wanted to be an professional bassoon player in an orchestra.

That pretty much sums up my childhood (18 and below). The third one, well, I won't be going into Music Performance anyway. I'm meant to be an educator. I consider that more fitting of a role for me.

• Brohoof 1

I remember that when I was young, I thought that people could live forever. I was horrified when I found out everyone dies eventually :lol:

BAHHAHAHAHA. I remember the opposite, always saying when someone asked my age that I was 20. I wanted to be a mature adult xD

When I was 3 I wanted to be a train conductor, and it wasn't until 6th grade when I found out my talent for music. The trains made up almost my entire childhood. I then discovered music and roller coasters and now I'm stuck in a dilemma. Go be a roller coaster designer or musician. Anyways I'm getting off topic.

• 11 years later...

Well this is going to get morbid

While struggle to remember much about my older sister I do know she loved watching wrestling as much as my dad and I do. The hopes were the three of us to get to see a live show. That’s what my dad always wanted to do as well. We’d only ever seen the house shows and there’s no pyro or anything fancy. My sister as I’ve shared before died when I was in my last year of elementary school. As I shared I a month ago I bought Wrestlemania tickets as a birthday gift to my dad. So we are finally seeing our first live show in Philly. It’s just without her. Now knowing what I know the other unfortunate part is even if she was still alive I don’t think she would have been able to go due to the shape her health would have been in. 

There’s the other bits that come with losing a sibling as well. Never getting to grow up and be the cool spooky goth. Of course knowing what I do now that most likely never could happen anyway. I assume a lot of the things I thought about back then likely included my sister in the story.

Less morbid I wanted to be veterinarian. However after completing the veterinarian assistant program and working as an attendant in one i quit after a month. It was a very awful experience and I couldn’t have imagined going all the way to being a vet. I also argued with my dad because I wanted to be an author. Naturally that never happened as well. It could but that would involve me actually taking the time to write again. I’d also have to go through a few English classes in college because it’s been so long. I don’t remember those sort of things like I did when I was younger.

A childhood friend of mine is finally getting married and he’s in his mid 30s. So I want to rule that as never happening however I am aware that people can find someone later in their life. So it still could. Just thought it would have by now.

Pretty sure I also wanted to be a vampire at some point lol.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I had plans on what I wanted to do but unfortunately having to go by what my parents wants was the biggest mistake and I regretted it. What my parents wants is not in my field of expertise nor my interests. I went ahead with it without knowing how fucked up my life has become. Partly it was my fault for fucking up my college but at the same, that’s what happens when you don’t have passion for something that isn’t for you to begin with, since you will end up not wanting to work hard towards it. Since then, I hated health care field with burning passion. I should have went towards criminology or business or maybe writing. 

Right now, I’m going forward in becoming real estate. This time, I’m not gonna let anyone tell me otherwise. 

• Hugs 1

I think I said this a billion times at this point, but as a kid, I always wanted to be a pirate. Never happened, of course, but I can dream!

• Brohoof 1