Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

a project that I have been working on.

Anonymous~

My IRL friend is a pure computer geek expert and I'm currently taking leasons from him about programming, so I decited to share something with you.

So, over the past few weeks, I have been working on a project over my friends supervision. It is a little program that lock/hides your personal files from everyone except from you, you just need to remember where it is..

Instuctions:

1) Copy this text and create a "notepad" file, then paste the text into it.

cls

@ECHO OFF

title Folder Personal

if EXIST "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" goto UNLOCK

if NOT EXIST Personal goto MDLOCKER

:CONFIRM

echo Are you sure u want to lock the folder(Y/N)

set/p "cho=>"

if %cho%==Y goto LOCK

if %cho%==y goto LOCK

if %cho%==n goto END

if %cho%==N goto END

echo Invalid choice.

goto CONFIRM

:LOCK

ren Personal "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

attrib +h +s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

echo Folder locked

goto End

:UNLOCK

echo Enter password to Unlock folder

set /p "pass=>"

if NOT %pass%==MLP goto FAIL

attrib -h -s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

ren "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" Personal

echo Folder unlocked successfully

goto End

:FAIL

echo Invalid password

goto UNLOCK2

:FAIL2

echo Invalid password

goto end

:MDLOCKER

md Personal

echo Folder created successfully

goto End

:UNLOCK2

echo Last chance to enter correct password to unlock folder

set /p "pass=>"

if not %pass%==MLP goto FAIL2

attrib -h -s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

ren "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" Personal

echo Folder unlocked successfully

:End

2) Change your password here :

post-787-0-28211700-1325593529_thumb.png

3) then go to File > Save as... > File name: Personal.bat > Save

4) there should be a new file created with a name of "personal". Double click it. Now you should see that a folder named "Personal" has appeared. Don't put anything important in it yet, add something like a useless picture.

5) double click the .bat file (not the folder) and you should see a black window open. It should say "are you sure u want to lock the folder<Y/N> ( Y= yes N = no )

6) type in Y (or N) and press enter. Now you should see that the folder named "Personal" has disappeared, don't worry.

7) IF you want it to reappear again, just double click the .bat file once again. You should see that black window again, but it should say this : "Enter password to Unlock the folder"

8) Enter your password that you have set at step 2. Mine is "MLP" so I enter that. NOTE: if you forget your password, you can always do this: right click the .bat file > Edit. There you can see your password.

9) You should now see that the folder named "Personal" has reappeard and all of it's content has stayed.

10) Enjoy~

TIPS:

you should make a backup of the content you put into the folder on a DVD disc or a flash drive, it's not becuase it could get lost or destroyed, but it's because you can forget where you put it or accidentally delete it.

Hide the .bat file somewhere safe or into another place to prevent people from finding out the password and from opening the folder.

NEVER ever delete the file and the folder.

If you mistype the password two times, don't worry, you can always try again AKA the folder and the content in it will not be lost.

THE .bat file will create a folder in only one place at a time and its content will not be same in different places AKA if you active .bat in your desktop, a folder will only be created there and all of its content will be there. If you try to activate the .bat elsewhere (for example: my documents) expecting that it will have the same content as in the dekstop one you will just see an empty folder.

So, from now on you can hide your pictures/movies/documents and anything else for that matter from people that shouldn't see it.

P.S. if you are having a hard time with it or just feel that you may mess up everything I can always make a video. (Yes, maybe even with voice instructions. :L)

And I will not answer any programming questions, because I just suck at explaining and I don't feel like it. (mostly because He did 66% of the work, but it was my idea D:)

I'm going to give this ago and see if I can bypass it.

EDIT: I just did this, I know how to make bat files and all, and I am certain I did everything correctly, but I locked the folder, all it did is change its name to "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" and make it hidden, I can still see it and open it like normal....

oh yes I do have hidden files enabled of course.

Edited by Flare

Keep in mind that your password is going to be stored as plain text within the batch file; anyone that might stumble upon it and has the sense to open it in a text editor will be able to immediately see what you used... which could have unfortunate ramifications if you've used the same password on any online accounts or such.

• 8 years later...

Any scripts like these are as bad as deleting your system32 folder.

Also, there is no way you can hide your information on your computer. The best way to hide something it to store it in pain sight. That way, no one will ever think about looking for it in the first place.