Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Poster Wins

Discord!

11 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Fish sticks are good but people make fun of me cause I eat the breading off then the actual fish part

That’s the best part. Ish :P 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

The breading or the fish?

The bread :P . Like who’s going to eat just the fish without the breading :nom: ....

I guess I would :wacko: .

I assume "fish sticks" are what we call fish fingers here then.

fish sticks here are chopped-and-shaped cooked fish (often also called "Crab sticks" because many are crab flavoured) and have no breading.

we also have crispy-batter fish fingers too though, which are more like oddly shaped fish fillets....

• Brohoof 2

36 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Mm now I really want fish sticks but I don’t remember if I have any

How about a trip to the local HEB or grocery store :) ?

As an aside - I have taken to buying fish products made with arctic pollock rather than cod lately - the quality seems higher and the price lower, and it doesn't have the muddy aftertaste you get with (say) haddock.

• Brohoof 2

I know I’ve had catfish, tilapia, salmon, whatever fish is in fish and chips :wacko: . Also Swai. And more probably :P . Tuna, mojarra ...

9 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I think someday I wanna try a bit of salmon but I don’t know a lot about what to get with it

Just eat it with rice and salad :P . Maybe baked potato too :ooh: . I have it relatively often at home.

12 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I think someday I wanna try a bit of salmon but I don’t know a lot about what to get with it

Depends on how it is prepared.

(in my opinion....)

Smoked salmon is usually sold presliced in thin slices best combined with a soft cheese on fresh rounds of french bread.

salmon steaks are best seared on both sides in a hot pan, then oven roasted with a knob of garlic butter until cooked though, then served with baby boiled potatoes and garden peas.

not an article of the faith though, so others may have other preferred recipies here.

tuna steaks I prepare similarly; whitefish (like cod, pollock etc) I think is best battered, fried, and served with seasoned potato wedges and a pea mash.

• Brohoof 2