Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Disney Movies

brian577

I love Aladdin and The Great Mouse Detective a lot.

Robin Williams as the Genie was awesome!

I also like Beauty and the Beast and Lion King as well.

Edited by SUPERFOX5

I used to love The Lion King, but I dunno I didn't like it as much as I did as a kid when I rewatched it a while back.

As far as more recent 2D ones go my top 3 would be:

1. Lilo and Stitch

2. Mulan (that music man...)

3. Atlantis (seriously underrated)

I started watching some of the older classic Disney films on Blu-ray... and I had no idea how incredibly good they are! When I was a kid, they were just cartoons, but watching them now, I really appreciate how revolutionary these were when they came out. The animation in them are better than a lot of the 90s Disney movies TBH.

Fantasia - I'm surprised this is Disney. It just makes you fall in love with music and animation.

Bambi - I always thought this was a kid's movie... but it's hella deep

Snow White - what a gorgeous looking film!

When I was 4, my favorite Disney movies were probably The Jungle Book and Tarzan. But I haven't seen either in over 10 years.

The ones that I can see myself watching over and over would be Cars, Cars 2, and Wall-E. they are very fun movies with an occasional plot twist. I also just recently finished watching The Lion King on YouTube. That is an excellent movie.

|--(0)--|

techno915

Edited by techno915

Lion King, Aladdin, Bambi, and Beauty and the Beast are my favorites.

A lot of people don't like Bambi and think it's boring but I think the art work and animation are really a wonder to look at in themselves. It also spreads a great message about respecting life although it sort of criminalizes hunting

(edited)

Well since everyone seems to be including Pixar movies now (which I don't consider Disney), I'll add mine. I've always considered Finding Nemo and Ratatouie to be the best. I'm probably in the minority for thinking Monsters Inc was boring and Wall-E is overrated

Edited by brian577
  • Brohoof 1

At the beginning the of this year I began a journey, to watch all 51 Disney animated full length feature films in order. I have just finished the last one. Now I ask you, what are your favorite animated Disney movies?

My personal favorites

The Lion King: I don't think I really have to explain why.

Bolt: This is a personal favorite of mine, and I think it is a criminally underrated movie. This is one of the few Disney films that can make me cry everytime I see it and I am not ashamed to admit that.

YOU SIR, GET A BRO-HOOF. I agree, Bolt was way too underrated. I think I watched that movie with my cousin about 25-30 times (literally!)

"There's no truck that I know that can keep in Bolt and Rhino!"

Favorite movie of all time to date is Aladdin so yeah. That movie had it all, the genie's humor still gets me to this day. The 'Ceaser salad' part killed me when I was little... I remember rewinding this movie hundreds of times!

The Brave Little Toaster - Won't lie this film scared me as a kid, but I just absolutely love it now.

Disney had almost nothing with the production of that. They just bought some of the rights to it. The director did come back to do other projects for Disney, namely in the parks. For example, he directed the videography for the late ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter at WDW.

To answer the prompt...in no particular order; Beauty and the Beast, Great Mouse Detective, Jungle Book, Lion King, Princess and the Frog, Hunchback of Notre Dame.

• Brohoof 1

Toy Story 1 - 3. So much nostalgia to it, even Lion King, 101 and 102 Dalmatians. :D

Also, A Bug's Life is a really good movie as well, even The Brave Little Toaster to the Rescue (IDK if anypony liked this), which is one of my faves as well. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite Disney movies would have to be: Alice in Wonderland, The Aristocats, The Little Mermaid, and Tarzan.

I'm curious as to what you liked about the Aristocats, I thought it was the most unoriginal Disney movie I'd ever seen. O'Malley was just Baloo in a cats body (same VA and all) and the plot was 101 Dalmations rehashed with cats.

The Lion King. It is perfectly paced, has incredible songs, well-developed characters, especially Taka. Trivia time! Taka is actually Scar. He got his scar when he tried to make a water buffalo kill Mufasa when he was a teen.

I'm curious as to what you liked about the Aristocats, I thought it was the most unoriginal Disney movie I'd ever seen. O'Malley was just Baloo in a cats body (same VA and all) and the plot was 101 Dalmations rehashed with cats.

Because everybody wants to be a cat. Because a cat's the only cat, who knows where it's at. Everybody's pickin' up on that feline beat. 'Cause everything else is obsolete.

Hunchback of Notre Dame (I recall singing Hellfire at the top of my lungs when I was little, which probably wasn't the best idea,) Beauty and the Beast (Belle is best Disney Princess,) Aladdin, Mulan, Hercules, Cinderella, Robin Hood, Lion King, Tarzan, Lilo and Stitch, the New Winnie the Pooh (the one that came out in 2011) and Tangled (I felt like a wuss when I watched it in 3D and teared up during "I See the Light") top my list for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad...I just can't share the love of The Lion King that everyone else seems to have. I mean, it was good, but something about it just didn't connect with a 9-year-old TailsAlone. Still doesn't.

So what are my favorites? The Great Mouse Detective, The Rescuers and The Sword in the Stone. :) Lilo & Stitch was good too.

• Brohoof 1

All of them!!!

Hmm... I guess if I had to pick a few, they'd be:

Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Fox and the Hound, Oliver and Company, The Lion King, Pocahontas, 101 Dalmatians, Fantasia, Bambi, Dinosaur, Treasure Planet, The Hunchback of Notre Dam, Mulan, Lady and the Tramp, The Jungle Book, Aladdin, Finding Nemo, Tarzan, Tangled and Atlantis: The Lost Empire. These are in no particular order. :D

Edit: Also Sword in the Stone and Hercules!

Edited by Ylaena

As you can probably dicern from my new avatar, Hercules! It is so funny but epic and heartfelt too and Meg's song is one of my favorites. I also like The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Hunchback of Notredame . Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar movie. Everyone in it is crazy!

I have multiple favorites but I have to say that I never really liked the princess movies. I mean Rapunzel was cool but the others? Bleh. I like most of the songs though. My favorites are the Lion King 1 and 2, Bambi, and the Fox and The Hound (1).

• 8 years later...