Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming MLP Forums Guild Wars 2 Guild

Bohtty

SERVER: Dragonbrand(US)

GUILD NAME: Everfree

GUILD TAG: EVFR

Keep an eye on this page, I will be sure to change this post if the designated server changes, although it is unlikely.

All European and "Other" members should be able to join the guild from their own EU server although we do not have a "designated" EU server. If one of the EU or "Other" member plans on making their character on the EU server, let me know so I can put it up here for any other EU members that want to make their character on the EU server and still have a chance to organize with members from the forums.

All members from all servers should be able to join this guild. Correct me if I am wrong.

This guild is Initially only for MLPforums members and their friends. Eventually I think it would be cool to just have it be a regular brony guild.

Edited by Bohtty
  • Brohoof 2

We also need to decide on a server as well. Dragonbrand seems to be the one with the most fitting name. I think Everfree is the best name for a guild from the list.

I'm interested... but I'm unsure if I can play GW2 at launch. I have the money to buy it, but school starts soon which will take up a lot of my time. Plus its recommended I upgrade my graphics card since I have pretty much bare minimum specs to run the game.

I really want to play it, especially if we make a guild here on the forums, but I'm unsure if I have the time and money for it. :P

(edited)

I'm interested... but I'm unsure if I can play GW2 at launch. I have the money to buy it, but school starts soon which will take up a lot of my time. Plus its recommended I upgrade my graphics card since I have pretty much bare minimum specs to run the game.

I really want to play it, especially if we make a guild here on the forums, but I'm unsure if I have the time and money for it. :P

The pre release is this saturday. I will be playing on my mac air with it's integrated HD4000 graphics card and 8gb of ram.

I would have put up a poll for the server, but I wasn't sure what server would be located where so thats why I put up a location poll.

EDIT: It would seem the servers are in Texas which means they work equally good for east and west coast players.

Edited by Bohtty

If we're going to make a guild, wouldn't it be smarter to make a guild on both the American server and the European server ?

I would be able to lead the guild on a European server, I don't know if Jonke would want to help with it, though. But it seems like a pretty cool idea. :)

• Brohoof 1

The pre release is this saturday. I will be playing on my mac air with it's integrated HD4000 graphics card and 8gb of ram.

I would have put up a poll for the server, but I wasn't sure what server would be located where so thats why I put up a location poll.

EDIT: It would seem the servers are in Texas which means they work equally good for east and west coast players.

Are you going to be running GW2 on Wine? Or do you have bootcamp? Just wondering because I too have a mac laptop, but I also have a pc desktop (which is what I will be using and have already downloaded the client to it).

Are you going to be running GW2 on Wine? Or do you have bootcamp? Just wondering because I too have a mac laptop, but I also have a pc desktop (which is what I will be using and have already downloaded the client to it).

I'll be using bootcamp. Running it on just a mac is pushing it enough xD

Im actually going down to my dorms lobby now to download the client because our rooms only have a 6.5GB daily download bandwidth.

Wait, wait wait... Guild Wars 2 runs on wine? I mean, sure, I have a windows partition, but being able to launch the game from my linux side could be useful as well.

If we're going to make a guild, wouldn't it be smarter to make a guild on both the American server and the European server ?

I would be able to lead the guild on a European server, I don't know if Jonke would want to help with it, though. But it seems like a pretty cool idea. :)

I say go for it if we have enough people for both. If we do one for both servers then they should be coordinated together.

Wait, wait wait... Guild Wars 2 runs on wine? I mean, sure, I have a windows partition, but being able to launch the game from my linux side could be useful as well.

Yup, it takes some working around on the code side, but the client runs on wine, at least that is what I have heard. There are also various youtube video explaining it.

I read something about someone getting it to work on wine, but your still going to take a hit on performance since you have the extra layer. Your fastest option is to just run it on the windows partition.

I read something about someone getting it to work on wine, but your still going to take a hit on performance since you have the extra layer. Your fastest option is to just run it on the windows partition.

Well of course! I kind of learned this harsh reality a while ago, although it did run the original guild wars pretty well.

I say go for it if we have enough people for both. If we do one for both servers then they should be coordinated together.

I don't think it would be fair to force (maybe a too harsh word ?) European players to play on an American server. Some people may not have a very good internet connection, y'know. Plus, there's also timezones...

So... any Europeans interested in a GW2 guild on a European server ?

I don't think it would be fair to force (maybe a too harsh word ?) European players to play on an American server. Some people may not have a very good internet connection, y'know. Plus, there's also timezones...

So... any Europeans interested in a GW2 guild on a European server ?

I think it would be a bad idea for European players to play on US servers even if there arn't enough people to start an MLPforums EU server. As far as I know, once you pick US, you can't transfer it to EU. At least not yet and it definitely won't be for free. It would be awesome to have an EU sister guild as well. So hopefully there are enough Europeans to start it.

I think it would be a bad idea for European players to play on US servers even if there arn't enough people to start an MLPforums EU server. As far as I know, once you pick US, you can't transfer it to EU. At least not yet and it definitely won't be for free. It would be awesome to have an EU sister guild as well. So hopefully there are enough Europeans to start it.

According to the website (here specifically: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-world-of-choice-the-regions-of-guild-wars-2/) it says world transfers will be free until populations are stabilized. The way they word it makes me think that EU-NA transfers fall under this category as well, could be wrong there though. After they are stable it costs gems to transfer, the amount being based off of the target destination's population.

According to the website (here specifically: https://www.guildwar...f-guild-wars-2/) it says world transfers will be free until populations are stabilized. The way they word it makes me think that EU-NA transfers fall under this category as well, could be wrong there though. After they are stable it costs gems to transfer, the amount being based off of the target destination's population.

It's up to EU players. I won't turn them away and I'm sure we could still play with them regardless of the timezones, but it's their money and their potential risk. Nice find though LowfatEnvelope.

Did you really just advertise your guild on my recruitment thread? Really? xD

Not cool bro, not cool.

Sorry about the it was the first one i click on. you can delete it if you like. no need having up on there then

Update: the guild site is gone. im not going to run a guild sorry everypony, I would love to join your guild btw

And i voted to

we need to find out what sever this guild is going to be on, some sort of web site. the name of the guild, and other things

Edited by darkmist
  • Brohoof 1

So out of curiosity, when is the server going to be officially decided? I've got to upgrade my client tomorrow evening, but i'm just wondering if this will be decided before the pre-launch begins or after the official launch.

Edited by Celtore

(edited)

So out of curiosity, when is the server going to be officially decided? I've got to upgrade my client tomorrow evening, but i'm just wondering if this will be decided before the pre-launch begins or after the official launch.

Hmm this is hard because we don't want a server that is too crowded nor one that is low pop. I know we can transfer for tree, but this will undoubtedly cause confusion and problems. Since I never played GW2 beta, I don't know which servers will be popular and which will be low. Anyone who has played GW2 beta, let me know which servers has the medium populations.

If no one speaks up I'll just end up choosing Dragonbrand I guess.

we need to find out what sever this guild is going to be on, some sort of web site. the name of the guild, and other things

The guild definitely doesn't need a website. We have these forums which will more than suffice for now. The name of the guild is still being voted upon and will be open for voting till I have the opportunity to make the guild. At which point I will pick the most popular name. I'll be the guild leader unless someone really wants to be guild leader and is at least qualified to do it. secondary leadership will be given out to the 2 people with the most posts/activity on the forums. That is all we will need if we only have 10 members to start.

EDIT: WE NEED A TIE BREAKER FOR THE NAME!

Edited by Bohtty

Huzzah, both of my suggestions in the tie breaker. I don't see anything wrong with us being able to run the Guild without a website either.

I don't see a need for a website for the guild; and even if we become large and need more organization we could ask for a sub-forum in the forums extranet. As for the server that we will be based on, I have no care for one way or the other. I can play any American based server fine.

Edited by Veiled Enigma

I agree, no website, their just a pain the the flank to keep up and running http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/official-guild-wars-2-server-list-announced/ here is server list for both UK and US, I was in the beta, but i didn't pay attention to the servers status. I do like this forum, Its one of the best out there.

http://www.enjin.com/gw2-signature-generator

GW2 signature Generator if you looked for one

so far its is a good one to use, check it out and make a character signature