Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

It implies that Snails knew it was an Ursa Minor

XUNUSEDXXX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xQXzyn8oR8

In S1E6, nobody besides Twilight knew that the bear was an Ursa Minor rather than an Ursa Major until she mentioned it. At 14:46, the emphasis Snails puts on the word, "Major" makes it seem as if he knew that this was an Ursa Minor, and that he expected for this to be easy for Trixie since she already defeat an Ursa Major. Is anyone else seeing this? Or is it just me?

Yeah, I noticed that too... Actually, the unimpressed looks on both's faces and their quite sarcastic comments during Trixie's "fight" are also very clear...

Either that, or they're both simply stupid. :|

Not really, it's just his 'twang' doing the works when he gets nervous or hopeful

as Page Turner said, he only says it oddly because he lack certain something in his head

Meh, I guess I could be overestimating Snail's intelligence levels. You have to admit though, he sounded like he knew in that part.

Perhaps I'm not keen on hidden meanings behind tones of voices, but I'm just not seeing your logic. All I hear is a stereotypical "dummie" accent.

When Snips and Snails got into the Ursa cave, they acted as if they had never actually seen an Ursa before--they ran immediately away from it when they woke it up. If it was their plan all along to simply bring in an Ursa Minor I would gamble they probably would have made note of it being an Ursa Minor then rather than being some hidden intuition. (Adding to that is that only Snips really had the idea of bringing in an Ursa to town, if either of them would know it would be him.)

Edited by JustFairness

It's quite possible the voice actor knew, having read the script, and added that emphasis without intending to. It's pretty obvious by the comments throughout the rest of the episode that Snails isn't supposed to have known it was only a Ursa Minor.

Edited by Full Spectrum

It's quite possible the voice actor knew, having read the script, and added that emphasis without intending to. It's pretty obvious by the comments throughout the rest of the episode that Snails isn't supposed to have known it was only a Ursa Minor.

Ah yes, it could be a voicing mistake on the actors part. Who knows though? Maybe Snails is like some secret genius.