Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you act differently in real life?

Shiki

I'm a bit more active on here than I am in real life, but I'm pretty easygoing either way. It takes a while for me to get used to people, so I act reserved during that time, but I open up a lot more as time goes on. For the most part, I have great social skills so I can get along with just about everyone (unless, of course, the person I'm talking to is completely distasteful...), but I prefer to have a group of good friends rather than having tons of people as associates - a mark of introversion. On here I'm seen as extroverted, but lately I'm found to be a mix of both - I'm definitely more of an introvert than I am an extrovert though, so I don't talk too much in real life unless I find something that's really worth talking about or I'm with people I'm very comfortable around.

• Brohoof 1

I guess there is one thing though -- I am utterly horrible with faces. IE I can't generally remember which waitress one has at a restaurant vs the other waitresses.

A long time ago when I was in high school, I actually thought TWO people were the same person. That didnt unravel until I knew both of them for months. If anything I have an easier time sorting out personalities etc online.

I'd say I'm more stubborn here then in real life. I've noticed I'm much more nicer in real life and I'm not as difficult. Though here on MLPForums I'm not as bad as I am on darkSpyro. But I rarely go on there anymore.

I am very different in real life. I usually keep the fact that I'm a brony a secret with my sister, but she spilled the beans once, and now my best friend knows.

I guess everyone acts differently on the internet since you can sort of start your life over as a "new person."

On here, I'm more out-going and talkative. I like to meet new people, fool around a bit, and I'm more carefree.

In real life, I'm more of an akward, cowardly, shy, nerdy type of person. I'm also very weird and psychotic if you get to know me.

Nope. I am me. Always. That sometimes gets me in trouble. I'm very open and honest about things and typically unafraid and unapologetic in my opinions. That doesn't always work in my favor and can rub people the wrong way. Even so, I've learned it's always best to be yourself. I don't want to make it sound like I'm a hardass, because I'm not. I'm generally a very nice and compassionate person. It's just that I refuse to put up with BS or be treated unfairly by ANYONE.

• Brohoof 1

I am completely the same on the internet as I am in real life

Actually, in truth, I do act quite similar on here than I do in real life. I do have differences, however.

I think I'm fairly similar on here to how act in real life. I'm a little bit more out going on here but other than that I act about the same way I'd act around my friends here.

Online, I am a very outspoken and calm speaker. I have a sense of humor but I generally remain fairly serious in what I say. I write a lot and sometimes I write more than I really need to. (This is very commonly seen in my posts on here.) I write out lots of information and carefully choose my words as I write, going over it to make sure it looks good. I often act very formal and some people have even called me British because of my use of exaggerated and long words. (Quite frankly I think that's stereotyping.)

In real life on the other hand I'm nowhere near as outspoken. Mostly around my peers, and because of my peers. The other people at my school will not let you live with an opinion if you state it aloud and they disagree with it. They only really care about popularity and being "cool" which I could care less about. Because of this though, I have made a few bad mistakes where people attack me about things for weeks. So I'm a little more silent.

I'm not as quick at making carefully chosen sentences probably because everything is on the spot. I stumble a little bit more, and pause often.

I'm also noticeably sillier and less serious in real life. I can still be serious when i need to, but I'm around friends in real life whom I talk to and I'm not necessarily sharing a personal opinion. In a non-serious online conversation you can see this but not as commonly.

My online self and real life self are fairly different in certain ways, but I am still the same person in that I have genuine concerns about things and seek out a way to solve problems when they pop up.

In real life I have very little social skills. I also have trouble getting along with people. I find it much easier to make friends online than in RL.

Pretty much what Mal(Starbolt) said.Is what I was going to say.I'm very shy in real life.Which makes it hard to make friends IRL.

In real life, I wear skin tight jeans, stud belts, and I have a trendy hair cut. I alway listen to dubstep, and I wear thick framed glasses though I don't need them, and I always keep a pair of overpriced headphones around my neck.

Nah. What you see on here is basically how I am in real life. Just some weird, relatively social guy who likes metal a lot. Well... I don't talk about ponies that often in real life, but that's because I have no one to talk about them with... :/

Edited by Djenty's Ghost

Online I am very open about my religious/political views, thus I am very argumentative. Actually, it doesn't even take those to make me argumentative. I just am naturally more that way on the internet, and I really don't like it that way.

IRL I'm the opposite. I will barely bring them up at all. And that's ridiculous because I believe very strongly that being open about things like atheism and sexual orientation (along with being supportive) is important.

But that's aside from the point. There are aspects of both sides that I like, and there are ones I hate. I like that I'm open on the internet, I like that I'm more fun IRL. I used to be so much more chatty online, but something happened and then all of the sudden the vast majority of my posts turned into arguments. =/

So, an balance needs to be struck, but that's not easy. I feel like being 'chatty' = 'spam' and I am too accustomed to making my posts count. I miss my innocent self when I first came onto the internet. Lol. Could easily have something to do with the fact that I was in my mid teens back then and I'm now in my 20s, but I swear I still act like that IRL so I don't know...

Edited by Envy

Yeah I'm a lot more sociable online and friendly too. More of a shy kinda awkward guy IRL. School unfortunately makes me less friendly due to the people in it. Also talk more on here than RL

Nope. I act and talk the same way I do on the forums and in real life. On the forums, I'm cheerful and friendly. I'm the exact same way in real life. Pretty much say hi to everypony in the school halls.

Surprisingly, I act on the forums the same way I act IRL. I'm friendly with everyone, and I talk only when necessary or when something interests me. (except with my friends)

I am new here. I am Autistic. I can be pretty passive and aggressive. I love fantasy alot. Almost is my whole life. :)

I don't claim to be "Perfect" but invite the sane and insane into my mind and this pretty sums up to the story of my life.

So far so good thank you if you ask me.

Not at all. I'm outgoing, friendly, charismatic at times online and irl. I'm also calm, collected and mellow at times, much like i am now. However I am feeling irl is no different online; I don't see the need to hide behind a persona online.