Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you act differently in real life?

Shiki

For the most part, I'm the same online as in real life, but in real life just add some shyness and social awkwardness, haha, but actually once I warm up to someone I can start talking a bit more, but it takes time, if you ever get to know me well in real life, my randomness may show a bit more, I'm not really a fan of being in big groups, because I just am the quiet one when I'm in one, so I prefer maybe one on one or with people I'm most comfortable with.

But overall, I'm the same person online as offline, but obviously with some differences.

Real life, virtual life. Everyone behind the screen is a live person with feelings and personalities.

Some neglect those traits and become a troll. I treat whoever who's nice or bad the proper acting they deserve.

(Except I let my feelings get in the way of friends too...)

I curse A LOT more in real life than here on the forums. Overall I am the same person, I try my best to treat everyone with respect and kindness just like I do here in the forums. In real life though I can be very shy and timid or loud and expressive depending on the situation and people involved. Also there is more beer and rough around the edges with me in person versus in the internet, writing on forums lets me smooth myself out, where in real life my anxiety gets to me and I am a bit more rough and tumble, as for the beer, well I just lurvz it.

Look at it like this...

People are braver when they can hide behind their monitors/screens. (no offense)

This is also partially explains the troll/hater cancer that plagues the internet....

Edited by Twilight Sky

On the internet I am a bit more outgoing, as expected. Most people open up when they can think to type rather than on the spot face to face confrontation. That said face to face confrontation is very good for developing one's skills. Though I can be more loving online that's not all that opens up, my contentious side that is more voiced, sporadic, and aggressive I can come off as a bit of a jerk. Sometimes. Other times I'm far kinder online. It depends on my mood, really.

In real life rather than being vocally outgoing, or writing, I am outgoing in what I dress. I can't talk on the spot and that is what makes me less outgoing in real life. On the internet I have crazy avatars and talk about anything, so I tend to be generally one of those people you either love or hate. In real life I dress in pony and pokemon shirts and what not, but I don't do anything offensive, so having mature peers people don't usually have a negative opinion of me.

Lately I've been in a great mood, but I still haven't been quite kind as I could be, so even then it isn't just mood, but also what people say and who I encounter. Can't say I am proud of my social inadequacy, but at least I am honest about it, including to myself.

People here seem extremely kind, heck, I think even I calm when I go on this site. The atmosphere, pony theme, people, it wraps up nicely into a warm community... other places I have been have dull backgrounds, loads of harsh debating, a lot of things that while making me a little less warm, metaphorically, made me far more resilient to what people say.

This has been a bit of a tangent, and that is one thing that is true of me in real life and on the internet, when I do things in conversation I jump around like an autistic kangaroo, metaphorically. A metaphorical analogy, I use weird things like that in both too. Also I can be a dyslexic, ocd, autistic, paranoid, all around mentally abnormal person. And I pride myself in that.

“There´s a certain pleasure in madness that only the madman knows.” – Pablo Neruda

I'm really not sure how I would react to meeting other people here in real life

to be honest,

I'd probably either go Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie

I REALLY don't know :blush:

in real life im just, well, busier. i am in college, working fulltime, and living with my boyfriend. believe it or not, all three of those separately take a lot of time, not to mention combined. in real life i am still friendly, social, creative, all of that, but i am just very busy, and to be frank not interested in making new friends. i love the ones i have but i do not seek out new ones. here, totally! i'd love new online friends, those are best! they are there for you when you are online, and only online, or via snail mail (but i don't think anyone on here does that?). so yes, i would say that i am a little different IRL, but i wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm really not sure how I would react to meeting other people here in real life

to be honest, I'd probably either go Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie

I REALLY don't know :blush:

that is TOO CUTE they are total opposites! XD

Edited by Bunches

Look at it like this...

People are braver when they can hide behind their monitors/screens. (no offense)

This is also partially explains the troll/hater cancer that plagues the internet....

It's true, though. John Gabriel even developed a theory explaining everything. ;)

One of the downsides to the Internet, I guess. I at least like that people feel safer to air their thoughts here and have discussions they otherwise might not have.

...People are braver when they can hide behind their monitors/screens. (no offense)...

Oh lord, I wish this applied to everyone. (including me)

I'm pretty much the same in the internet as in the real life. There are a few exceptions, though.

No, im the same online as I am offline. Outgoing, sociable, kind, cheerful, and loud (although you may feel free to put other words in there). Like Pinkie Pie IRL! Celestia help us all!

I am a different person in real life, on the internet I can be who I actually am. In real life I am quite shy and I'm only outgoing to close friends.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, usually online I'm in my "King Vincent Gore" alter ego/persona (though not on here). He's a narc who tends to subtly insult people (again, I'm not like that here). I guess I use him as an obstacle for those who want to get closer to me. In real life I'm shy, awkward and far too open about my life. I don't talk to anyone outside of the computer except from family and my cats. I guess I like being alone. On here though I'm completely the opposite, I come across as happy and bubbly which is odd. >-> I guess I am an enigma after all.

Online and at home I'm a bit of a Pinkie, but get me at School and I'm more of a "Flutterbitch" and Pinkamena, Just to fit in.

It is a bit odd that, when at school, I'm more of a D-bag than I am Online, but then again if I wasn't I know I would be walked all over :/

Yep.

In real life, I'm more laid back and introverted. I'm very shy, but I can become a very good leader if I need to rise to the occasion. I like having a few good friends rather than a million acquaintances.

Here, I'm more open and friendly and I can express myself much better in this somewhat anonymous environment.

In real life I am actually a massive egg-head as Rainbow Dash would say. I'm one of the few people who actually enjoys reading and studying. What makes me even stranger is the fact that I'm also good at PE, something most egg-heads aren't good at. Lol I'm a strange one.

I act the same on the fourms and the internet as I do in real life. But minus the bronydom to avoide ridcule, bullying, etc etc. G

Eh, i'm pretty much the same IRL. The only differences are i'm more opinionated IRL compared to online, and oddly enough, more talkative :lol: With most people it seems to be the other way around, but I definitely talk more in person.

Eeyup yup yuppity do.

Also I can confirm that the difference is deliberate on my part. Also I will give you a cookie if you can decipher my real personality. Of course though, there are common traits with both my persona and irl personalities.

Eeh, somewhat. Im a lot more shy towards new people in real life. In a group of friends im really energetic, which I can't really show in text. I am usually really really really random in real life as well, but I don't joke around as much as I do online. Mainly cause I can show im kidding with my voice.

Not too differently to be honest... The biggest difference would probably be how confident I sound and how fluent I can speak, which obviously is impossible to know on here when you can only read the paragraph when it's finished, but even on here I often spend a lot of time figuring out exactly what I say and how I want to say it.

Even for this haha

Not particularly.

Sometimes if I had a bad day IRL, I'll come online and be more active and alive to make all that icky feeling from having a bad day go away, and I'll make myself appear more cheerful than I actually am at that time. It helps to perk me up to make me truly cheerful. ^_^

But nah, I'm basically the same.