Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you act differently in real life?

Shiki

• 2 years later...

I'm not "acting", but I'm different in real life, yes. In real life and on the outside I'm more like Inky Rose, personality-wise. There is one scene with Inky where she feels happy, but tries to force a smile on her to show it:

Spoiler

large.jpg

When I try to express my feelings on the outside, it's just as awkward and it doesn't feel genuine at all. :twismile: I like true, genuine smiles and laughs. They might be rare, but when it happens, it's always something super special~

Spoiler

1453765.gif

:)

Writing is directly connected to the thoughts and the true feelings on the inside. Thus, expressing it online or in letters is the best way for me. :coco:

I'm happy the way it is, but the only thing I would like to do, but can't, is video commentary. Or voice acting. I simply can't act emotions, I simply can't sound like the way I feel. It doesn't matter if I'm experiencing the most happy or the most sad day in my life, I look and sound always the same. :coco: My recordings always sound the same, no matter how happy I am, haha. It's important to be entertaining and to sound motivated and excited. But I only have a soft, mousy voice, kinda like a male Fluttershy or something. I'm not loud or funny. I just wish I had a way to entertain people in my own way, I would really love to voice act or to do commentary while trying speedrunning games... But I digress, sorry. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

I'd say I talk about ponies... 20% less

image.png.9d036b42cd356f1424b48208034b9e65.png

Anyway, as an introverted type, generally I'm pretty quiet other than with close friends/family but I also like acting up when I feel it; if I am forced into company with others I have tended to get a bit overwhelmed and acting up is a way to overcome that. In terms of bronies, I have met you IRL as well as online and I'm pretty comfortable with online bronies so mostly I just treat you all as a big friend group :) and then sometimes I act up when I'm feeling it :yay:  but at cons I have either been a quiet puddle of angst :sealed: or acting up :pinkie: (one of the reasons I <3 Pinkie)

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm more of an ambivert when talking face to face with someone. I'm significantly quieter among people I don't know, but if it's among people I know, I end up talking quite a lot. Oh, and I avoid talking about ponies. Closet pony fan problems, you know. 

• 1 year later...

I'm roughly the same. Wouldn't say I'm *too* different IRL from online these days. There used to be a wider gap, and I was much more myself online. That still applies to me being non-religious/atheist and lesbian/bicurious, though. I have to keep those aspects of myself down low, still, unfortunately.