Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Videogame graphic resources for bronys

punkypie

Hello everybrony!This is not for a specific or concret game, it is only a few resources for ALL brony community,feel free to use as you want for your brony projects, you can even make changes if you really need.It make me happy to know that has been useful for you.I hope it helps some game developers and make the fandom bigger and more entretaining XDI am working in more locations soooo... next updates soon :)Ponyville residential zone tilesets:

post-5159-0-55457300-1345831967_thumb.gif

Pony, unicorn and pegasus template:

post-5159-0-36589100-1345831977_thumb.gif

And finally the enemies:

post-5159-0-54857900-1345831979_thumb.gif

You can find all of my works on : http://punkypie8.deviantart.com/If you are making a game or creating a ponified rom hack maybe I can help with graphic content...and sorry for my bad english XD

More resources this time some items, if you have a good idea for some item tell me

Now i'm working in Evergreen Forest location.I would be happy to receive some feedback, if you are making some game maybe I can help :lol:

post-5159-0-38076800-1346463847_thumb.gif

The second location,Evergreen Forest, with lots of traps!

post-5159-0-46029400-1347305599_thumb.gif

And finally the Evergreen Forest enemies:

post-5159-0-37804800-1349141617_thumb.gif

Edited by punkypie
  • Brohoof 2

Word of advice - you probably do not resize your game graphics to be bigger. You set the game resolution to be bigger. The latter results with smaller file sizes, lighter memory load, and is much more polished.

Edited by Pix3M

Word of advice - you probably do not resize your game graphics to be bigger. You set the game resolution to be bigger. The latter results with smaller file sizes, lighter memory load, and is much more polished.

Thanks for the advice Pix3M but I don't have a very good level of english it seems you want to tell me something about some problems with the graphics but I can't understand you, sorry

Thanks for the advice Pix3M but I don't have a very good level of english it seems you want to tell me something about some problems with the graphics but I can't understand you, sorry

It's something anyone should really know when if they have ever tried making a game. The right way to make the graphics bigger is to have the game draw all of its graphics on a surface, have the game automatically resize that surface to be the right size, then draw it on to the screen.

If you wanna get deeper into making game graphics, it's always helpful to know some programming to know what is happening on the coder's side of the work.

Edited by Pix3M

It's something anyone should really know when if they have ever tried making a game. The right way to make the graphics bigger is to have the game draw all of its graphics on a surface, have the game automatically resize that surface to be the right size, then draw it on to the screen.

It's all very dependent on what you're going for -- size, or speed. Your way is the right way if you're willing to sacrifice performance for the scaling. It's not a problem if the game isn't full of computationally-heavy logic; but if it's something written with flash, in Lua or Python (or another interpreted language) then scaling up realtime is a problem. Size generally isn't as big of a problem these days, since storing spritesheets in PNG format and using PNG-parsing libraries to convert/display these images can get the same image at pretty much any scale to similar (or identical) file/data sizes, but that's also a slight speed concern. It's always important to take into account the overhead something will create is worth when compared to data compression gains.

Well if if you need make bigger graphics I add a F.A.Q. in all resoures, and I explain how to change the size of the resources, also if someone need help I also add a contact mail XP

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to learn programming, sorry.

Added Evergreen Forest location, next update will be some forest enemies like cocatrice and others, maybe I will finish next week

These really are truly awesome, very nice work that you've done! :D

I really need to learn how to use RPG Maker pronto.. mark my words, a MLP RPG will be made.. even if I have to be the pony to do it!

• Brohoof 1

do you happen to have sound effects too?

I am having a real nightmare looking for them.

But yeah! finally another thread that utilises the actual purpose of this section! And it does it oh so well. This stuff is great!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

First of all I apologize for my lateness, I've been working on some brony projects and I don't had much time.

Finally I finished the enemies for Evergreen Forest, I hope you find it useful :)

You know, you should probably join a game project yourself instead of making graphics that are good for games that bronies are probably not interested in making (or are they?). Game projects I've seen tend to be aiming really big - a lot bigger than simple platformers. There aren't very many spriters out there so you can probably find a game project that might need you.

You know, you should probably join a game project yourself instead of making graphics that are good for games that bronies are probably not interested in making (or are they?). Game projects I've seen tend to be aiming really big - a lot bigger than simple platformers. There aren't very many spriters out there so you can probably find a game project that might need you.

Well I am working in some brony game proyects making the graphics

but yes it would be great if I find someone who would make a complex platformer videogame like super mario land 2 or warioland 3, with enemies, bosses, puzles...

For now I'm very busy in some proyects XP