Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

'Brony', a term only for guys?

Cherylann Sinski

So I was watching a video about MLP and well I would love to call myself a brony but it seems that you can only be a brony if you are a man? Now the video talks about how all bronies are guys from age 12-100 but I am not sure if I can call myself a Brony since I am a women.

I am almost 30 (not till october) and I LOVE MLP!! I find myself watching the show and it helps me laugh and feel good, also my kids watch it with me and I dont have to worry about what they are watching. I also collect the MLP stuff and I am planning on getting some art in the future to frame and put in my house. I adore these sweet, silly and totally awesome Ponies. I wear the Necklaces and earrings. T-shirts and I even LOVE the fan base stuff. Etsy.com is a great place to find MLP stuff. Just a few weeks ago I bought me a Pinkie Pie sun catcher!! I Adore these little ones. I think the show is made to please both young and old. SO can I be rightfully called a Brony or is there some other term I should use??

• Brohoof 4

It's up to personal preference, really. I'm female and I like to be called a brony. Other women have said they don't like to be called bronies because the phrase is too masculine.

I think you can definitely be called a brony if you want, but if you're looking for a more feminine term, peagsister is the one I've heard and like most :)

• Brohoof 2

I've always considered the females to also be "Bronies" but for lack of a better term. I know what you're thinking, 'But what about Pegasister?', Well I don't consider that a 'better term' because of it's failure to address Unicorn or regular earth ponies. So, yes. In my opinion, females should also be considered bronies, at very least until we find an adequate alternative. Not that they need one... I'll just stop here...

• Brohoof 1

Brony is a trans-gender term. I know a few girls who call themselves pegasisters, and a few others who call themselves bronies. I think that the name brony is a term for both genders.

• Brohoof 3

To back up Bloodshade's point, as a guy, I don't like brony as a term, but It's really up to you on what you want to be called. I'm still really jealous of pegasister, but chances are you will be called Cherylann Sinski the most here. (cool name btw)

• Brohoof 1

It depends, "Brony" was originally created by a bunch of /b/ros on 4chan (if you don't know what it is, don't look it up. Trust me).

Eventually, brony just became a term for the fanbase, and some girls like to call themselves Pegasisters. I personally don't care what anyone calls themselves :)

• Brohoof 1

The word "pegasister" sounds really stupid in my opinion. I hate seeing that word. Brony is a unisex term to me.

I was looking for that word, for some reason I forgot it xD

Brony is for both guys and girls. it works both ways if you ask me. pegasister is just out there. not many people use it

This might help out to

Edited by darkmist

Brony was originally intended to be the name of the male fans of MLP:FIM, but has grown to be the generic term for guys and girls who watch the show. However, some people use the tem pegasister do describe the female fans. In my opinion, brony can be used for either gender. And that is my two bits.

|--(0)--|

techno915

I'm fairly certain that brony is gender neutral so you can call yourself whatever you want. I personally don't like to refer to myself as a brony.

Edited by Jalaton

In the words of Big Macintosh and my own opinion on the matter.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEnope.

My philosophy is, if u watch it and ur not part of the target demographic (girls 10 and under) Then ur a Brony. Simple as that. Even if u are a women. I would consider u a Brony.

I would think any fans of any age could call themselves bronies. I prefer being called a brony. My kids are bronies, too. Pegasister is cute, but it's not really fair to have a separate term for female fans. Gender shouldn't be an issue in this fandom.

Whenever I talk about the FiM fandom, I generally try to say "Brony/Pegasister" to be inclusive. Though the latter term doesn't seem too widespread outside of the community, I think that's because the general public think of the "stereotypical" FiM fandom member as an overweight, nerdy, male.

I would rather be called a pegasister than a brony since it sounds cooler, but I'm a guy so that wouldn't work.

you can call yourself whatever you like, for me like brony the best, but thats just me