Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Modern teens and what you think of them?

Lunalicious

As a teen I can say I really don't like what they are doing these days. I feel bad for them in how they have to go to such ridiculous means to actually make themselves fit in. (or what they think is fitting in)

Edited by Dusty Soul

A lot of the posts in this thread complain about their clothes and taste in music. I think it's laughable (and kind of disappointing) that a teen's taste in clothes and music are a focal point for a discussion about how bad/immature/annoying they are. Also, what Hollowshield said, minus the doom and gloom in the near future.

Average Teen: Yo man, we going at a party tonight! There will be a lot of chicks, beer, and cocaine der!

This is one great party! You really outdone yourself!

Posted Image

I've learned not to judge people based on what they wear in public, but I'm still aware of the fact that people who do wear the trendy teenage clothes such as fitteds, baggy pants, and hoodies end up doing all that stuff that's mentioned to you by your parents and teachers. Either it's a really big fashion statement or they're in it to fit in and look cool - but again, I don't judge first without getting to know first hand what they're like.

i'm not one to hate people based off of cardboard-cutoff stereotypes, because i think those are pretty baseless to judge other people for, but i'm not too fond of the kids my age in my school still, though. that has more to do with that their interests and activities are not relevant to my interests in anyway, though, and i see no reason why i should ever hang around with them at all. of course, i'm an extremely socially anxious, introvert person, so that may be why i am not fond being around them, but the teachers are fun being around, though...

...i dunno where i was going with this.

• Brohoof 2

Well, now as an adult, I never liked my peers at all. I hate football, yet at school I'm expected to like it. I don't use Facebook, yet I'm expected to use it, same with Twitter. I don't like the wannabe gangster attitude, and I hate most the music kids listen to nowadays. I prefer my converse over nikes, vans, etc, and I prefer Hot Topic over Abercrombie and Fitch.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a teen and i can say i don't like some of the people in my school mainly the ones that are free-loading, "open" pot smokers that do nothing but talk about drugs and say how much they hate everything.

I'm 14 and I take offense to this! /sarcasm

Well, I'm from a rich white town so acting stereotypical is too mainstream :P

I'm being serious.

Most kids aren't anything like the snap-back, cargo shorts, Beats headphones around the neck, riding longboard hoodlums.

Whenever I go to my cousin's town or anywhere that the "regular" teens are, I just get pissed at how immature and annoying they can be.

Teens back then were responsible and they actually clean the dishes when they are told to. A lot of teens tend to even talk back at their parents of do illegal acts such as vandalism or theft. And seriously a lot of them are not wearing belts and purposely showing their underwear. I cannot descirbe how stubborn and ignorant people are at my school, but at least I do the dishes. :)

Edited by Octavinyl
  • Brohoof 2

i think its all holly woods fault. They pretty much shove whatever they want to be cool down kids throats and make them like it untill they move on to the next thing. Thats why i love MLP, no one forced it on me, and there aint that many bronys at my school, and all this appeal crap that they wear makes me ticked off, because there pretty much just asking to be called a total jerk without them even being spoken too. Just my opinion :P

I'm 15 years old.. and i hate modern teens.. only thing modern with me is the video games and clothes.

But i don't sag or think of the drugs/sex/drinking and all that other crap...

To me in my opinion, Modern teens these days worry about their "Appearance" or that they worry and try to "Fit in" with groups that they really shouldn't be around.. but that's their own choice to make, and i believe it's over that and stupidity and no self Conscious.

They are pretty much lost and clueless.

What i really really hate is people who sag there pants.. like really, who want's to look at your ass? or the underpants.. no one want's to see that... that's disturbing 2 me. :blink:

But anyway.. all together, i have many negatives about modern teens. So yea. :/ :unsure:

Their apparel and taste in music aren't the only things I dislike. Many of these teens always talk about getting drunk and high with their friends. Also some of them always talk about eating p**sy out, b**ches, and the sort. I never judge someone based on their appearance or style. A lot of them use the n word for no reason as well.

I'm 18, which does actually make me a teen, even though legally speaking i'm an adult now. Because i'm 18 i just finished my final year of college (not the same as your college, our secondary school (compulsory education) ends at 16, college is 16-18 and you choose what you want to do)) as such i meant that for the past 2 years i have been surrounded with like minded peers (computer course = we were all geeks/gamers) but i have noticed that outside of my little geeky bubble teenagers here in the UK are mainly chavs (dress in tracksuits, generally stupid and ignorant (chav literally means council housed and violent)).

I've had mobs of 15 year old shouting insults at me and my friends (mainly me because of my long hair and metal shirts) and i see teenagers being little ignorant s:(ts, yelling abuse at people, sometimes as bad as gathering around someone to bully them. It just irritates me so much. Although for all the loud-mouthing they are generally wimps, so if you stand up to them when they come up to you, they tend to run off, or so i've experienced.

Oh here it goes again, a bunch of teens complaining about teens with different styles than theirs.

I am teen, and given that I live in the present time I suppose that makes me a modern teen. As a teen I know many other teens, because I go to school, and so I get to know different styles. And what have I learned? Everybody is different, some people are stupid, and there are some people I can't stand, but everybody has their own style and it is worth a shot on getting to know them, as you can find friendship in the weirdest places.

Two or three years ago I was very very shy. I had a small and close group of friends, and I was happy with them. We used to look at everybody else like you do now, like stupid teens who only care about looks and alcohol and sex. When I left that school, I was lonely for quite a while. There were a few people like me, and I did become their friends, but they weren't just like me. And there was this particular guy who was the exact opposite of me, he liked doing sports and drinking and had a lot of girlfriends, didn't use the computer, was christian, wasn't particulary smart, and was exactly the kind of people we used to hate (we had that group of people tagged and named), but he was really really nice to me, and thanks to him, I came out of my shell in some way and I became more social and gained more friends.

Now I have friends who like wearing vans and shorts and whatever else you consider bad, and they are nice people. There are also stupid people, but now I know better than to judge people by their looks or way of dressing, and everybody should.

Edited by Eenohay
  • Brohoof 1

They can all burn in a fire.

or at least work in a sweatshop.

I swear, if I hear yolo or swag one more time...

comon', why cant we say swag, after all YOLO!

sorry that had to be done :)

i've never used the word swag, besides in this post, and i think i've only used You only live once, just the once before.

• Brohoof 1

Dear god calm down! Every generation has what it likes your doing the same thing people do to bronies.

If we want to wear skinny jeans and shuffle let us wear skinny jeans shuffle.

You guys are being so critical it sickens me. Saying you hate teens just because of their clothes and music.

Its sad you guys think this way because most of it really isnt true people may dress that way but that does NOT

determine their character. Kids have ALWAYS drank, partied and done drugs. It was that way when my grandma was a teen

and it was that way when my mom was a teen. Every generatin does it so seriously stop being so hypocritical.

• Brohoof 7

Posted Image

post-7214-0-96088800-1345945749_thumb.png

Sorry, it just had to be done :)

That is an awesome gif btw, may have to save it for future use :D

post-7214-0-38068500-1345945849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lost

Honestly? We suck...ALOT. There isnt much more to the stereotypical teenager than being a total dick or stuck up chick who are superficial and immature. We talk out our asses, disrespect anybody who wants our time, and get pissy over the simplest inconvience. Now this is the stereotype but we are doing a great job sticking to it and letting alot of people hate us for it. We do drugs, drink alcohol, have relationships that run on lust instead of love, and we ungrateful for what we have. Sure there is the other 20% who act like they should and I like to veiw myself as one of those 20%. We need serious improvement on all fronts...just saying :huh:

I think, that people have the wrong idea of teenagers (including teenagers themselves). As a child who has been in 4 schools, each school has been fairly nice with it's teens. I mean, of course there are the jerks, but it's nothing like in the movies. I mean, some might call me a nerd but I hang out with jocks,the popular girls, the not as popular girls, pretty much everyone. The aren't complete idiots either (though you wouldn't know if you're doing calculus). I mean, most of them are considerate. Maybe it's just where I went. Maybe I just got really really lucky 4 times, but really, I think teens are an okay bunch. Just that a few dumbasses have been on the news far more times than a normal teen has.

• Brohoof 4

its all in where they lived if your like me and live by teens who like Botdf and have "swag" you would probably hate teens every guy who i live by has a obey hat and a bunch of swag stuff and every girl is stereo-typical annoying girl who is cock hungry and every guy and his friend talk about there asses. i hate being a teen where i live. and i hate teens in general for that matter the ones who live by me are dumb and think they know every thing. I was talking to this guy joseph who lived by me and he was saying how cool he was cause he knows how to play as master yi on league of legends. He added me as a friend on it and he was level 15 and had only 8 wins.

all i can say is teens i hate them

well being 16 myself i can honestly say... Most of them are ridiculous... There used to be a day and age where everyone had respective morals a decent head, now instead of saying "my you look dapper today" it's... "wow homey nice swag, oh i can see you're wearing that pair of underwear today" and they are all hot heads * face palm

now granted not everyone is like this

but still you can see it getting worse.

It's only a matter of time where nobody cares and the world falls apart

You know the cruel reality is that were all like minded but unfortunately society keeps us apart. Distance, fear, as much we thinks it's true they're are others. They do it out of fear... as too blend, in as the old saying goes" the nail that sticks out get hammered" It's time to take the fight to the hammer, it's time to UNITE!!! Sorry, got a bit carried away.

As a teen I've seen many stereotypes in my school.

But what bothers me most about them, is that all the time they come up to me and badger me with the same question over and over.

For some reason, the just can't get it through their heads that I just don't WANT to be like them. No, my parents aren't forcing me, no, I don't want to do it just because it's illegal.

I just don't WANT to.

EDIT: Bronium has a point I forgot to mention, mostly only the meanest/stupidest of the bunch ever stand out. Because they are making the most noise/waves.

I may see many stereotypes in my school, but I see many people who break the mold too. Myself included.

Edited by Archangel

Every generation has shit people in it. Just like every generation has amazing people in it. It's not "the kids today", it's the same shitty person cycle staring over again.

• Brohoof 2