Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Modern teens and what you think of them?

Lunalicious

I hate them. They are all stupid and think they are the best people in the world. Every single person who says, "Swag, YOLO, dope" and others I want to feed to a pit of alligators. They all listen to the same music, where the same clothes, act the same, and do the same thing every day. I'm a teenager myself, and I'm ashamed of what our parents and peers must think of us with the way we are. I can't wait for the day when aliens come and see what we are like and blow us up for what they see.

Yo dawg, Teenagers are super chill maen. We don't know what we won't to be when we grow up, but w.e man we are young forever amirgiht!? All the matters is partying and hav'n a gewd tiem! and get'n ass. What!? I talk like a moron? watchu talkn about? Fuck you man, whatsyo fuckin problem? Can you believe that nigguh? damn whats that dewds problem. #YOLO #hashtag

True story.

• Brohoof 2

So happy no one read what I said and keeps talking about how shitty we are. Like I said anyone who thinks teenagers are terrible people doesnt know what they are talking about. My cousin Marquette wears swag, He shuffles, and he takes care of his family.

He helps his mom and stuff but you guys keep putting people like him down because of the way they dress. The things a person does can not affect a decision about them. Like I said in my earlier post it is just like when other people flame bronies. They dont know what kind of people we really are. What was it you guys said... Oh yeah I remember!! Love and Tolerate!

I don't see much wrong. Then again, I go to a Catholic school, and almost all mah classmates are 14 years old. From the Facebook pics I've seen, they don't seem to dress like you guys make it out to be. When it comes to music, it varies. Some like dubstep, others like country, while some like rap, and others like pop. Behavior wise, they act pretty normal. YOLO and stupid shit like that isn't said much, if not, at all. The worst I've heard is some kid say "Kony 2012" a few days ago, but that's really it. Not exactly sure about the Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors at our high school though.........they could be just like most of you guys describe teens :mellow:

Ffs, if you haven't already read my post. Their style and taste in music isn't the only thing I dislike. All of the teens in which I'm talking about also spam the n word with every sentence. Most of them are too caught up buying the new Jordan's or clothes to give half a shit about school. Now if you dress like them, listen to their music, but you do good deeds such as supporting his/her familiy, that's good and I like that. But if they dress like that and don't focus on school or more important tasks. And rather focusing on clothes and cussing and having swag. That's when I dislike them.

I am 13 and man get ready for a rant. I also hate how everyone is the same. They all sag their pants down to their bottom of their butts, they all walk around with name brand hats barley on their head like its literally just barley on. They all wear name brand shirts and pink shoes and big shiny earrings and just walk around with that "walk" .... well if you have seen these people you know what I mean. They all say "YOLO" HUR HUR HUR "SWAG" N***** YOU SEE HER A** MAN ITS SO NICE IMMA DATE DAT B**** DAWG. It's pathetic to me that no one has any self respect or respect for adults. If a teacher says to do something you always here them mumble. "B**** you don't tell me wat to do n***** c***." I HATE it I am the opposite. I form my own opinions about things and I live life the way I want too. I don't have time to get caught in petty drama and such. I have never even had a girlfriend and I am going into 8th grade. It doesn't bother me much though because all the girls are attention hungry, lusting sluts that start unnessessary drama day after day. I find it disgusting. The people I hang out with 90% are 16+ that live in my neighborhood. I love it! Most of them are bronies and they all are the few normal people like me. The girl I have my eyes on is awesome. She is super cute, VERY smart, and normal like me and forms her own opinions. She is really quiet too so she reminds me of Fluttershy. I have a Facebook but it's pretty useless when I can't understand most of their posts and most of it is fighting anyways. It just sucks. My Little Pony and these forums are my sanctuary. One more thing. When I try and chat with these people and I use a word like "irrelevant", it's sad when they ask what it means and all I can think is "Do you listen to the teacher at all? Do you even know words?". I know I can't expect everyone to be as intelligent as me but it gets to a point where it's just sickening. Well I have rambled on enough. I'm out!

#YOLO #SWAG

Yes. This is the type of teen I dislike. The one that cusses like a sailor.

And that's great to hear! I hope she likes you back and you two get along well!

• Brohoof 1

My experiences with high school classmates were more bad than good (though I did have a few acquaintances I could trust) and I easily preferred the teachers. However, teenagers are too large a group for me to generalize by the most notorious traits. I don't want to go by any type of "lost faith in humanity" mindset as I think those are quite over the top, especially when you consider a lot of teenagers that are currently immature will likely improve with age. I rather just focus on the people I enjoy company of, as well as making myself as good as I can possibly be.

• Brohoof 1

despite how badly I agree I don't care how people dress and present themselves. It's just how this world is.

Those who judge others must be prepared to be judged in return so I do my best not to look at people in a judgmental light even though it's difficult not to. No one is perfect and will never be.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if I count as a teen at age 14?Anyways. I think there's a lot of drama in your teen years.Which really is a stick in my rear flank,but I have to deal with it.I'm not better than anyone else.So there is no use judging other people.

Edited by Flutter derp

I...I barley even got what you were saying...Something about whaky clothing and shuffling. I dont wear any specific brand, I do stay away from Nike because sometimes people like to say how obviously they use child slaves to make things like their shoes ( cause no other company does that) and I just like to advoid people critisizing me because what im wearing is "made by slaves", and ive found that Nike is usualy the first ones accused. So I just dont wear it (if any of what I said makes any sence at all. As for shuffling, I find it intresting to watch, but only for like a minute.

@Lunalicious what you described is what my country calls a 'Lad', I go to school with a bunch of them and they're all like "aw yeah esh esh look at me i got swag watch me ride my pennyboard" those group of people sicken me of how low their intelligence can get. I don't think they'll be getting a decent career anytime soon. other teens however, as long as they arent stuck-up, attention seekers they're ok in my books

The whole reason that those people shuffle instead of walk, is because their sagging pants would fall down if they walked like a normal person.

Being a teenager myself I don't care what other people wear, but if you wear saggy jeans just don't bend over because I don't want to see your boxers. However, I do find that there is a lot of peer pressure among teens to do stupid things. It's not just pressure to do drugs or drink, it's pressure to change yourself just to fit into a certain click. If your are trying to change who you are just to fit in, then they aren't you true friends. Unless of course you're a jerk and they're just trying to help you be nicer, in that case listen to them. We don't need people bringing each other down.

I swear I must the the only 19 year old in this country who has no idea what "swag" is. Frankly, my curiosity is only piqued by the insane amount of times I hear/see it mentioned a day.

It sounds dirty like, "morons who think they're hot stuff." Close?

I swear I must the the only 19 year old in this country who has no idea what "swag" is. Frankly, my curiosity is only piqued by the insane amount of times I hear/see it mentioned a day.

It sounds dirty like, "morons who think they're hot stuff." Close?

Posted Imagele swag fag girl

Posted Imagele swag fag boy notice the snapback hat and obey brand symbol these arent the best example but if this dosent make you sick i dont know what will

• Brohoof 2

Well I'll just say it...I'm old

I don't hate the teens of this era or any era. Sure some of them irritate me to no end but that is those specific ones. I refuse to generalize a generation on some examples I have had in my personal life. I do believe generalization happens alot because of two things

1. It is sometimes our manner of living to generalize...I also find generalization rude, lazy and just plain wrong

2. This is a big problem...but the troublemaker teens are a bit more... noticeable. So they take center stage and the scores and millions of good and responsible teens are in the background working on the social and mental tools they need to make this world better

I used to complain about this generation of kids but it was wrong and I openly apologize here and now for that. I was wrong

Case in point...my cousin Kate is 17. Sweet as can possibly be. You know what she does three times a year? She takes a mentally handicapped girl to the zoo and to get ice cream. She doesn't know this person. She told me she does it because it just felt right to make the world better

Course we'd all praise her but she doesn't like it because she isn't doing it for praise...man I love her

Then her best friend George...who grow his hair to look ridiculous...why? so he can instantly chop it off for Locks of Love.

A patient I had in my last therapy location was 16, smart and lovable...and so kind to people and respectful

Amazingly I can go on and on with examples of the good ones...and from what I know there are more out there that are good

And then...get this

there is YOU guys! That's right...With a couple exceptions of some run ins...look at the teens on this board? All banded together by a common love for a not so common show. You all get along well, treat each other well, even treat the oldies like Ol Sarge and myself well. My example came this morning...and no I am not looking for me....just making the point

Twas my birthday today...and a few ponies who I have pretty much had little to no contact with went out of their way to send me a pm with well wishes...one of them with a video

So...that's my dissertation on the topic

tl;dr teens are just fine...we shouldn't judge off of some examples

Posted Imagele swag fag girl

Posted Imagele swag fag boy notice the snapback hat and obey brand symbol these arent the best example but if this dosent make you sick i dont know what will

The girl is pretty cute. U MAD BRO?

Question is? Why you people like to hate on people with different styles and interests? And I can awnser that. Because you are teens, or teens from the USA, because it appears to me (Since I'm Chilean), that you bully and discriminate alot more than us.

Anyways, it seems that it's a teen characteristic to hate on anyone who's different. If you are alone, you might act like something you aren't to get acceptation, but as long as you have a group then you immediatly start attacking the other groups. I used to be like that but the truth is you gotta be open minded and don't hate other people without ever getting to know them!

• Brohoof 1

There is a reason I hang out with older people (or women).

>There is a reason I hang out with older people (or women).

>I hang out with older people (or women).

>older people (or women).

>people (or women).

>implying women are not people... CALL FEMINISTIC POLICE!

Yeah, anyway... I have to say I dislike obsession about alcohol, so typical for my generation...

Bout the wear... Well, I'm a brony/gangsta mix, so what should I say... you can see me wearing huge flank dollar chain made out of cupboard, gangsta shades and Pinkie Pie tshirt...

And suit jacket.

And sweatpants.

LIKE A BAWS!

I'm biased about a lot of today's teens because of my awful experiences with so many of them, but I try not to judge unless they hate me. I'm not "normal" so I'm an easy target. I've only really seen this swag shit going on in the US, but every place has its fair share of crap.

Of course, there are a lot of exceptions (take this site as an example), but since most teens are just nice to my face so I help them with classwork (which doesn't happen) and say nasty things behind my back, I haven't met many that are genuinely good. :/ I don't think there's much of a point in hating on teens though. Most of us who posted here are teens ourselves, and I honestly think we're being kind of hypocritical in judging them like this.

So many hate topics have been popping up lately :blink:

My opinion is this: don't judge a group of people based off what they wear, because its the attitude they have that really matters. If you talk to someone who dresses with all this new swag and they turn out to be a douchebag, then just move on. Not everyone who is a teen should be disliked or frowned upon. It sounds like things have changed a lot since I was in high school, but that is no reason for all this hate.

Also, no offence to anyone here, but if you frown upon people who do drugs, or drink, or have sex, then you may want to be a little more lenient on your views when you attend college. I know most of my friends drink (as do I), and we are not bad people. :)

Sorry for getting a little off topic there :blush:

So many hate topics have been popping up lately :blink:

My opinion is this: don't judge a group of people based off what they wear, because its the attitude they have that really matters. If you talk to someone who dresses with all this new swag and they turn out to be a douchebag, then just move on. Not everyone who is a teen should be disliked or frowned upon. It sounds like things have changed a lot since I was in high school, but that is no reason for all this hate.

Also, no offence to anyone here, but if you frown upon people who do drugs, or drink, or have sex, then you may want to be a little more lenient on your views when you attend college. I know most of my friends drink (as do I), and we are not bad people. :)

Sorry for getting a little off topic there :blush:

Could you PLEASE read my previous post. I already said that style and interests aren't the only thing....

Ok being the 'modern teen' is awesome because we are the next leaders of the world . Also being the modern teen is cool because we are updated with the latest technologies and also know how to use them!

Being the next leaders of the world really isn't anything to brag about. I'm also a teen, and we will have to deal with Social security failing, the economy, terrorists, WW lll, Korea. We are going to have it tough. And not all of us know how to use the technology of today.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if I count as a teen at age 14?Anyways. I think there's a lot of drama in your teen years.Which really is a stick in my rear flank,but I have to deal with it.I'm not better than anyone else.So there is no use judging other people.

this is one of the most honest responses i think i've read. i really enjoyed your comment (: ...but i don't think anyone can really comment on "modern" teenagers until they are no longer one themselves, and can compare "modern teens" to "earlier teens", having lived through other generations. but these are really interesting comments to read (:

Edited by Bunches
  • Brohoof 1

teens that are my age (14-18) that say they have swag are generally douches bitches and whores many arent ready to be adults a lot of them will end up living off there parents money and what that sadly means is that the teens that dosent happen to will become the 1% and yet again in 20 years or so there will be another 99% protest its how the world turns and the next generation im scared for
  • Brohoof 1