Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Modern teens and what you think of them?

Lunalicious

These young whippersnappers nowadays what with their game boys and their nintendoes and their pookeymans. Seriously, what is wrong with the current generation of teens? Deo-overusing stupid-dressing hootinannies if you ask me.

/)( Moshi >:3

I hate the average modern teen. I'm 15 so I'm technically a teen but my mom was 40 when I was born so I was raised as a last gen kid, and I'm not kidding. I love the same things as my teachers, be it old TV programs, 70-80 music and I even love history. 70% of my school represents the average modern teen stereotype, and I hate it. You know why? Because they always ignore me because I don't act and like the same things they do. I can't wait to finish secondary, I'll finally meet people I can agree with.

• Brohoof 1

Man reading through this thread makes me feel really old even though I am in my mid twenties. I had a vague idea of what swag was before the example given and I've seen a couple of mentions of Yolo which I am not sure of.

Anyway, teenagers do dumb things in every era. It is a fact of life. Will I hate on them for it. No, I will just be glad I am not one anymore. The thing I do see that is disturbing among teens nowadays is how they always have to be plugged in. I can try to talk to someone and they will be texting or checking something on their phone at the same time. Very rude in my opinion. They have short attention spans and will wall themselves off with their technology.* I'm just wondering if most will be able to break out of their habits enough in the future to be able to handle doing a job because I've seen some check their phones while a customer is talking to them and they seem to zone out quicker.

*Generalizing based on what I've seen compared to my teenage years

Posted Imagele swag fag girl

Posted Imagele swag fag boy notice the snapback hat and obey brand symbol these arent the best example but if this dosent make you sick i dont know what will

That doesn't make me sick :mellow:. Someone is just a little butthurt (Unless they truly are douchebags in real life. Then I am wrong)

One thing though. What does "OBEY" mean (I know what "obey" means, just not THAT "OBEY")? I've seen a lot of hats like that and I want to know it's meaning

• Brohoof 1

I am 18...so I guess im not really a "teen' as what they say...well I can say so myself, I am quite disgusted. It's all about parties, SWAG, YOLO, alcohol, drugs (which I know them been around forever, but more teens are doing them than ever), teen pregnancies (I kid you NOT, thats all I see, is 16 and pregnant girls, no offense, but it's getting ridiculous cause most cannot take care of their babies), and sports and who is at the top of the list anymore....*sigh* I hear stories from back in the day that teens weren't so bad..

What does "OBEY" mean (I know what "obey" means, just not THAT "OBEY")? I've seen a lot of hats like that and I want to know it's meaning

OBEY was actually made by a street artist, but now all these "swag" kids are wearing OBEY stuff because it's cool but they don't even know anything about the guy or his message. He was the same guy who made the Obama "Hope" poster.

They all look THE SAME.

They all like THE SAME MUSIC.

They all like THE SAME PEOPLE.

None of them read, none of them think, none of them create, none of them investigate other ways of viewing the world. They're just well... Stupid.

I'm proud to be an outcast.

• Brohoof 3

I'm a teen myself, and I can say that I hate people my age. There is a reason I hang out with older people (or women). Men my age (13-17) are all "gangsta fresh" and "cool kids", so they feel the need to look the part. They look so indecent with their tiny ass shorts, sagging jeans, and so much more horrible looking things.

I'm a modern teen, and Frankly, i gotta agree with u. Most teens today are so frik-!!!! ... oh wait a moderator is looking at this... i think i should be quiet...

As a teen myself I must agree with you. I don't care for most of the teens my age who dress like that, trying to act all hip and all that. Frankly I find it annoying.

I cannot stand my peers either. They all do things like drinking, drugs, having sex etc., simply because others are doing it and it will make them "cool." What ever happened to forming your own opinions, and living by them?

As a teen, I don't really care for others my age. Most are rude and ignorant of what goes on around them. Most are immature (Not all just the majority.) What really annoys me is the whole sagging pants. My state put a law in order where it is a crime to have your pants below a certain point. Yet teens are still wearing their pants past their rear ends. It's disgusting. I like shuffling just because it's new and in my opinion, pretty cool. But for the most part I dislike the teens of this generation.

yes, i hate most teenagers, despite being one my self, with their terrible taste in TV and music, it saddens me really

I am 17, myself. My peers at school are pretty much all those stereotypical, moronic kids who do the stupidest of things for the stupidest of reasons. I've learned to just mind my own business, and avoid them at all costs.

Like everyone else here, I agree with u. Alot of my friends act like u described even though I go to a private school...

I'm a teen too, but I see way too many people who act like this. Maybe it's just where I live. Maybe that's the difference. Most of the teens where I go to school drink, party, do drugs, and other things that are completely insane. I'm not one of those teens, but I do know where these threads are coming from and why they are saying it. The majority is like that. (And if they aren't like that where you live, can I move there?)

Only on the first page, and almost every post is a "holier than thou" attitude.

Chances are, you guys are all idiotic tools who do stupid or wasteful things and have ridiculous opinions and tastes. I sure do.

Also, chances are some of the people you hate are smarter and make better choices than you. Maybe you all shouldn't be so judgeful.

I am 18...so I guess im not really a "teen' as what they say...well I can say so myself, I am quite disgusted. It's all about parties, SWAG, YOLO, alcohol, drugs (which I know them been around forever, but more teens are doing them than ever), teen pregnancies (I kid you NOT, thats all I see, is 16 and pregnant girls, no offense, but it's getting ridiculous cause most cannot take care of their babies), and sports and who is at the top of the list anymore....*sigh* I hear stories from back in the day that teens weren't so bad..

When were these "holy days"? Every generation has had drugs, alcohol and idiots.

90s? Yes. 80s? Oh hell yes. 70s? Definetly. 60s? Yup. 50s? Mhm.

• Brohoof 2

Chances are, you guys are all idiotic tools who do stupid or wasteful things and have ridiculous opinions and tastes. I sure do.

Also, chances are some of the people you hate are smarter and make better choices than you. Maybe you all shouldn't be so judgeful.

When were these "holy days"? Every generation has had drugs, alcohol and idiots.

It's not so much that, but the simple reason they make me/us feel bad because of it. I do wasteful things? Hell yes, I'm replying to this! But even so, I don't do it to fit in or to be a sheep, I do it because I'm on a personal journey of self discovery.

Nonetheless, though, you are right, the same behavior has been from generation to generation, and it is good of you to call on all of the negativity.

Edited by NastyMann

It's not so much that, but the simple reason they make me/us feel bad because of it. I do wasteful things? Hell yes, I'm replying to this! But even so, I don't do it to fit in or to be a sheep, I do it because I'm on a personal journey of self discovery.

You're acting like "They" is someone. You really think you're the only one with a different opinion? Some are sheep, sure, but you're generalizing an entire age group by saying "they". A lot of them probably think they're unique snowflakes too.

You're acting like "They" is someone. You really think you're the only one with a different opinion? Some are sheep, sure, but you're generalizing an entire age group by saying "they". A lot of them probably think they're unique snowflakes too.

Hmm, you make good points, and while I am generalizing them by saying they and it might not be fair, it's for the simple reason that it brings to mind other people's memories of such people. We are genuinely talking about the ones that do things to fit in or to be cool, to an extent that it gets aggravating or silly.

I appreciate your point of view however.

I just hate sports in general, so anyone who goes around in a jersey gains my immediate detest.

You might say I dress "cool", but really, I just dress like a freak. Stupid baggy jeans, beige skate shoes (Why beige? Out of all the colors on the planet, I chose beige.), cords hanging from my pants (Bit of a long story there), a random lanyard, a bunch of bracelets, a random black glove on my right hand, a Pyro armband on my left arm (Why Pyro? I don't even like Pyro...), baggy t-shirts, a weird snake ring that my friend found in a hot spring, A very strange hairdo, and military hat with 10+ fading signatures from various bands/artists. Said hat is so old it's literally falling apart.

In short, nothing at all in my wardrobe matches. It's a fashion disaster. Why do I dress this way? I have no freakin' idea...

Edited by HylianMadness

I just hate sports in general, so anyone who goes around in a jersey gains my immediate detest.

Sad face :(

Anyway, people don't seem to grasp the fact that about 85% of teenagers fit the stereotypes that the rest of us put on them. I wouldn't be using words like "they" and "all of them" if they were going to be used correctly. I live in a very odd little town, no-one really cares all that much about all the "cool" stuff like swag and snapbacks and stuff. But I've been to other towns and counties and states and boy is it bad. I walk by some teens who are talking about pussy more often than not. It really makes me mad.

• Brohoof 1

I'm thankful that there's at least a pool of guys with greater intelligence at my school, cause 95% of people in my grade are your stereotypical teen. It really sickens me how stupid these guys can get. Always wanting to be like everybody else, always thinking about making themselves look cool and that stupid trait they all desire, "swag". Ugh, how it annoys me.

• Brohoof 1

I don't exactly "hate" them. They annoy and irritate me with their style and personality. I'm sure skipping finals to go screw your girlfriend and smoke weed is a good choice right?

BOTTOM LINE. In my opinion.

If they dress in OBEY stuff, wear snapbacks, and listen to Tyga, Odd Future, etc, but they curse like crazy, always talk about 4/20, having sex, skipping school and getting drunk. Then I don't like them.

BUT, if they dress in Obey stuff, snapbacks, listen to that music, but they work hard in school, strive to do good in school, and stay away from sex, skipping school and such, then I have no problem with that. That's perfectly fine. In fact, that's great. The main thing I'm looking for in a good person is their personality, I could care less about their style or taste in music, but it's their personality that I look for the most.

• Brohoof 2

That doesn't make me sick :mellow:. Someone is just a little butthurt (Unless they truly are douchebags in real life. Then I am wrong)

One thing though. What does "OBEY" mean (I know what "obey" means, just not THAT "OBEY")? I've seen a lot of hats like that and I want to know it's meaning

obey is a brand and the kids or people who wear it are usually swag fags and yes they really are duchebags
this song describes the people im talking about

Quite some hurtful words you are spouting there, Fizzydog. And idk why u quoted me. I was just making a joke. I don't hate on any of them. Some of these stereotypical teens are nice to me. Others just act like douches. Thinking they can do whatever they want and think they are better then everyone.

I however do not think i am "holier than thou" Hell, there are many people in this world who are better than me. I really never said they are stupid. Some of them strive to try and get good grades. The problem i see with some teens though, is that they arn't stupid, they well, how to put this... don't apply themselves? some just don't care. Some will act immature. Some become delinquents. At least thats i how see things at my school. But i'm sure its many other schools too. I guess thats why many poeple think them as "moronic idiots".

As for what they all said, teens doing drugs and all that. Yeah its happened before and stuff. Its just what some people see. I know we shouldn't judge evryone for what some of the teens did. But depending on where u live man... *shrugs* chances are they could be right heheh.

Like u said this has been going one for like ever though. But All my tecaher say its just this generation who are all idoits heheh. "This year 12 people are failing my class! that has never happened before" I swear i've heard that all my life hahaha.

Modern teens deserve nothing more than a facebook.

I just got into the teen stage. Well, what I consider entering. Teen starts at 13, I'm 14.

A lot are "cool" kids who just act like jerks. They don't really care about what their girl/boyfriend feels, and just take advantage. I'm lazy to list everything, but I'm glad I don't act like the average teen.

I don't really hate teens. I think most age groups have people who suck. Also I really like how every teen on here hates every other teen because every other teen parties and has sex and tries to be 'cool'. Although I never really got why people wanted to be 'cool', most kids just like to socialize with friends. And who and what they do isn't really anyone's business but their own. And being a virgin, or being someone who has never drank or went to a party doesn't make you a special unique and pure person. I may not know much about being cool but I do know that hating on a group of people is certainly not cool.

I don't care for my fellow teens very much, most of them are rude, ignorant, and think the world has to be around them. I do know there are some good teens that have manners, and self-respect. I just really don't like when teens think they have swag, and must bully to be cool.

But to all of you who think all teens are so horrible and they should just disappear, shouldn't you blame the generation that raised them?

Well just to add in, I really despise it when they are so many kids that just act so immature. I just understand, especially at my school, I'm a young adult and I despise the way my peers act. They can't shut up in class, they can't keep their hands off each other. Then on the private hand, they guys just want to get into the girls pants, and boom! Pregnant, while the girls wanna be on 16 and pregnant, teen mom!

If you despise what I just said, you'll enjoy this video:

http://screen.yahoo.com/16-and-abstinent-30401295.html

In my area these "gangsta" kids aren't all that common, which I'm thankful for, but the few I've met were enough to make me hate them. It's unbelievably shallow - but that's what's cool now, for whichever unfathomable reason. I'm just glad I don't have to associate with 'em.

well being one myself those from my school are mostly alright people but then there are a few who are into sex and that kind of you know. personally i laugh at them because i see there future and that future is working at mcdonalds at 35