Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite DS Games

mR.dErP893

@@Valureon, I played JUMP ULTIMATE STARS so hard that I forgot that it was all in japanese, I actually printed a guide with explanation of the komas, it was really helpfull...

from that aside, the game was really intuituve, I had some much fun in WIFI

Oh, geez. The Nintendo DS. The console that served the latter part of my childhood. One of my favorite systems of all time. I have all of my memories from the time, about 40 games, stashed perfectly in a single box. So many variable and interesting games, I'm going to have to take a look. Let's see...in no particular order, my absolute favorites:

•Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure

•Transformers (both Autobots and Decepticons versions)

•Mario Party DS

•Disney-Pixar's Cars

•Pokémon Trozei!

•The Brain Age series

•Rhythm Heaven

•Super Mario 64 DS

•Wall•E

•Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series

•WarioWare D.I.Y.

•Kirby Super Star Ultra

•Pokémon Platinum, HeartGold, and White Versions

•Monster Jam: Path of Destruction

•New Super Mario Bros.

•Animal Crossing: Wild World

•Speed Racer

•Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

•Pokémon Ranger series

•Need for Speed: ProStreet

-Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends

Oh boy...heheh...that's quite a lot of favorites, isn't it? Perhaps I should narrow it down to a smaller digit to make it more "official", so to speak. ^^

Super Mario 64 DS

Filled with content, improvements, addiction, and overall a nostalgic type of fun, SM64DS is not only a wonderful redux of the original Mario 64, this is simply one of the best Mario games ever made, despite being a non-canon remake. Everything's smooth, the graphics, the controls, just literally everything. More Stars to collect than the original adds replay for the vets who've come to rediscover this gem from their childhood. Even better, there is much emphasis on the brand new Touch Screen, the controls are very innovative and fun, and thankfully optional for those not interested.

Basically, this game did do the DS what the original did to the N64. It was the too perfect introduction to the consol (in addition to being a launch title), greeting old gamers with new technology to lead the way of the future. And what a mark on the gaming industry it left, the DS has become one of the greatest consoles of all time.

WarioWare D.I.Y.

(Yes, I do realize that this is sort of taking a random turn in theme here, but stay with me, we're still talking about the greatest DS games. Remember, these aren't in any specific order either!)

While the WarioWare series might all be about crazy, fast, wacky, nom-sequitur fun in just 10- or 20-second minigames that are small enough to be dubbed "microgames", the series has changed immensely throughout its 9-year history. It arrived on many different systems, which called for different kinds of control, including the DS utilizing the touch screen for its insane microgame action!

But the first DS rendition of the WW series isn't what I'm talking about. 5 years later, they came out with the most fun, most unique, and most innovative WarioWare of all time. Why was it so different then its predecessors? Not only could you participate in enjoying the classic microgame frenzy you could with all the other games, but you had access to a tool that could MAKE your very own! It was one of those "creative" games that take forever to develop because of all the tools and thingies you'd use to create microgames.

The creation is complex, but easy and fun. And that's the good thing. It's as simple as that. But what makes it so good is that it's actually addicting to create and produce new content, it's one of those games that let's your imagination run wild with all the tools to do it right front of your face, kind of like LittleBigPlanet.

Also, besides games, you can create other things such as music tracks or even comics to publish to the virtual showcase of products. It actually makes you feel like your in some kind of business, without the hassle of lousy co-workers or bosses giving you the Evil Eye.

In a nutshell, this game is great because it revolutionizes the WarioWare series in a way that will never be done again.

New Super Mario Bros.

Ah finally. 2 years after the release and we now get a fresh original canon Mario adventure. Was it worth the long, 4-year wait and does it make up said long wait from Super Mario Sunshine? Well, being the next generation handheld, you'd expect it to expand vastly. The truth is, it's still a handheld, and you should expect it to be limited, which it was. So, while this was a technological downgrade and the first handled main Mario adventure since 1994, it remains one of the best DS games of all time.

Simple gameplay, obviously, being a Mario game. Even going back to the series' roots, 2D, but with a modern soundtrack, 3D graphics (though some of the objects had to be 2-dimensional sprite because of limitations [or maybe laziness, lol], like enemies and some power-ups). This game set the path for two other sequels that play like this one, on the Wii and 3DS. But we're talking about the DS one here.

What I think is unforgettable about this game is how smooth it plays out. All in one tiny device is a whole Super Mario game, more expandable than Super Mario Land and it's sequels. Technology has evolved a lot between that game and NSMB. And therefore, you should expect nothing less than a great game. Just the thought of so much packed into one small cartridge. And basically, this game is just overall loads of fun. In addition, there are minigames (some of which are ported from SM64DS) that you can play in your bored breaks, which always adds to the replay.

Pokémon HeartGold Version

Alright, out of all the main Pokémon games on the DS, I think I have to say that HeartGold is the one I fully and wholeheartedly enjoyed the most. Yes, it was a remake, but it was all about working on something that had been worked on for over 10 years, the Johto and Kanto regions are revisited for probably the last time for a very, very long time, and oh boy, was it worth it.

This is once again the case of filling in so much content and gameplay time in a cartridge with so little data compared to most media files at the time, there was only so much they could do in these games. And, it's pretty much your average Pokémon game, but just with all the best perks.

Yes, I do have Black and White versions in mind, but this overall is the best out of them, in my opinion. Because it just has the best atmosphere, the best gameplay, not the best story, but the best replay, pretty much most of this game is just made out of pure awesomeness and puts it ahead of B/W in my book.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

And...I guess that's pretty much it for me.

Well My Favorite Games and Series would be

1. Kirby Series

2. Pokemon Series (excluding Pokemon Ranger, Dash, and Trozei)

3. Final Fantasy 3, 4, and The 4 Heroes of Light

4. Dragon Quest 4, 5, and 9

5. Yoshi's Island DS

6. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (liked the changes on the remake compared to the PS1 version)

7. Animal Crossing: Wild World

8. Mario Party DS

9. Super Mario Land 3D

and 10. New Super Mario Bros.

Most likely that these games are my Top Favorites.

YES! Okay Here's my list :3

1. Professor Layton (any of the games in the series they're all mindblowing/amazing)

I cant wait for Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright!

2. Trauma Center: Under The Knife 2

This should pretty much cover why:

3. Pokemon: Emerald Version

Lol Just cause its the only Pokemon Game I have on my DS

4.Mario Kart DS

5. Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 days

6.Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story

7. Legend of Zelda Phantom HourGlass and Spirt Tracks

8. New Super Mario Bros

ALL ARE SO AMAZING :D

Let me be short and say...

Posted Image

Posted Image

These...

Of course there are many other games I enjoy like Pokemon, Mario Kart, Kirby and Sonic, but these two up there are by far my all-time favorites. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

All the pokemon games(minus the ranger ones, mystery dungeons, and trozei) especially Platinum version.

Super Mario 64 DS.

Metroid prime hunter is pure badassery.

Pokemon conquest is awesome and a new interesting twist on the series.

Mario & luigi partners in time.

I think that's it. I actually haven't played a whole lot of ds games.

The Nintendo DS has quite possibly the best library of games of all time. What I enjoyed the most were:

Pokemon Diamond/HeartGold/White

Mario Kart DS

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin (haven't played Order of Eclessia yet, I might if I can find it)

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days(might consider Re:Coded)

Final Fantasy IV(this is how you do a remake)

Custom Robo Arena

The World Ends With You(only rented it so I didn't spend much time with it, but now I wish I could find it)

Contra 4

Metroid Prime Hunters(SP and online suck(ruined by hackers), but it's fun to play local or with bots once in a while)

Meteos

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land(the best portable skateboarding game, bar none)

Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Scribblenauts/Super Scribblenauts

Chrono Trigger(currently playing)

Edited by (\SBB64/)

Ah, so many good DS games. I'd just wish they'd continue making them for the DS alongside that gimmicky machine known as the 3DS. Anyway, my favorites would have be:

Megaman Starforce 3: Black Ace/Red Joker

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

Lunar Knights

Meteos

Professor Layton series

My favorite is probably Castlevania: Order of Eclessia. Best CV I've ever played, and I've played every CV on the systems that I own :)

Another favorite is Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Not nearly as good as the previous games, but still a great game (and it has Sveta, the hottest character in the series :)).

Elite Beat Agents is great, but I prefer the Japanese game it's based on, Ouendan, specifically Ouendan 2.

As for Fire Emblem, I actually didn't like Shadow Dragon very much. FE for the GBA was vastly superior. But I do love TRPGs, and my favorite for DS are Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. All amazing games for their own reasons.

Of course, Mario Kart DS deserves a mention. We used to get 8 player races on the bus to and from school back in the day. I usually was in the top 3 :)

Pokemom will always hold a special place in my heart, as it does so many others. SoulSilver is my favorite for DS.

Digimon Dusk/Dawn (I had both)

Digimon World Championship (Sorry if it is not the correct name D:)

Pokemon Platinum

Mario Kart

Harvest Moon DS

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Megaman ZX

Megaman ZX Advent.

Edited by Devious Detonation

Apollo Justice, Ace Attorney Investigations (not including the phoenix wright games because those are ports of GBA games), Both the Castlevania games, the two Sonic games, both the Mario and Luigi games, and more are all great games but, honestly, my three favorite DS games would have to go to Ouendan 1 and 2 and then Elite Beat Agents.

Seriously, I love the hell out of rhythm games and all of those games make it near the top on my list, with Ouendan 2 arguably on top of it all.

Edited by Lord Bababa

Apollo Justice, Ace Attorney Investigations (not including the phoenix wright games because those are ports of GBA games), Both the Castlevania games, the two Sonic games, both the Mario and Luigi games, and more are all great games but, honestly, my three favorite DS games would have to go to Ouendan 1 and 2 and then Elite Beat Agents.

Seriously, I love the hell out of rhythm games and all of those games make it near the top on my list, with Ouendan 2 arguably on top of it all.

Which ones? There are 3 Castlevanias for DS; Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Eclessia. Funnily enough, their release order is also the ascending order of quality :)

TAKE THAT!

Posted Image

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee." ~Godot

To be fair, I love the whole series of phoenix wright, including edgeworth's games, but I thought Trials and Tribulations was where the series reached its climax. You have wonderful music, interesting cases and some of the most known characters introduced, including my personal favourite. I keep replaying the entire series despite knowing the cases off by heart and this just happens to be my most frequently replayed.

Edited by Celtore

Pokemon White - I'd say that Gen V is Pokemon's strongest gen yet, both amongst the DS ones and of overall. It introduced a lot of new Pokes that I love, in contrast to Gen IV that only had a dozen or two that fit said bill.

Kirby Super Star Ultra - Great remake. Takes the content-packed Super Star and throws even more content in. One of the franchise's best games.

Super Mario 64 DS - Never got to experience the original version, so this was a new experience for me. Loved that there was more exploration than usual for a Mario game.

Animal Crossing: Wild World - I didn't get hooked as fast as I did with the original, but this still grew on me over time. Unlike the later City Folk, (which felt just like the GCN with a few lackluster, detrimental even, features thrown in) WW felt like it had a bit of uniqueness to it while it retained the standard AC formula. And portability's without a doubt a plus.

Super/Scribblenauts - There's a feeling of untapped potential within them, but that's not to say they weren't great fun to mess around with in the sandboxes. Hoping that the Wii U/3DS sequel will at last tap that potential what with its even greater amount of customization.

Which ones? There are 3 Castlevanias for DS; Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Eclessia. Funnily enough, their release order is also the ascending order of quality :)

Oh wait wow I'm dumb, I completely forgot about Portrait of Ruin. Most likely because I never played it, but jeeez I feel like such a casual gaming scumbag of nerd and gaming society right now.

The World Ends With You, Pokemon Soul Silver, Phoenix Wright series, Elite Beat Agents and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!...these games are amazing.

Specially TWEWY, that game is incredible, literally the best i have ever played for DS.

Pokemon Explorers of darkness, Professor Layton, All the other Pokemon games :lol:, Sims City, Theme Park. There are alot more but I can't think of any....

Well that"s a matter of opinion, since I thought Dawn of Sorrow was better than Portrait of Ruin, but I have yet to play OoE(and I plan to), so we'll see. :P