Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Princess Celestia Defeat Superman? Could Other Alicorns/Unicorns?

TheUltimateAvenger

Seeing how im kind of new to this site i was looking up some stupid crap on other forums and saw this like over 100 times, they said however if i really wanted to do something like this i should go to the Mlp forums and see what they see, so yeah.

Rules

1.) This is debate more of just fighting, is more of a moral debate but is also a straight up fight in term

2.) No outside help from another person but i can allow EoH and SoS

3.) Will allow fanon speculation on the power of Princess Celestia

4.) Allow Pre and Post Crisis Superman only. No abstracts or magic proof supermen

5.) Dont take this thread to seriously

Arenas

A.) Straight up fight

B.) Fight of Poweful weapons (Elements of Harmony and Sword of Superman)

C.) Moral debate of characters (who is the better character/ruler/hero)

Hope this is appropriate.

• Brohoof 2

Superman can not be around Krypton because it is like a magical substance. The power drains of it drains him. Also Celestia HAS magic so she could destroy him. She also has the elements witch she can use to send him TO THE MOON!!!

Superman doesnt stand a chance.

As for the better ruler/hero. I never liked Superman. I always saw him as an OP twit. He is like the reed richards of DC universe also his hair is stupid. Celestia is Kind, generous, funny, loyal, honest, and magic. Superman is a grown man wearing tights made out of a baby blanket. I have to say Celestia again.

• Brohoof 9

Actually, taking the magic factor into account, Celestia probably would and could beat Superman in a fight, since magic is one of the few things that he's really vulnerable too. Of course, it could just devolve into an endless cycle of her sending him to the moon and then just having to rinse and repeat once he flies back from the moon, but hey, maybe one of them will get bored and just give up. Or she could just turn him into stone.

Personality wise, it's a little trickier. Celestia ably ruling and managing an entire kingdom is certainly more impressive than Superman living as Daily Planet Press reporter Clark Kent, but I gotta say that, although they're both probably equally kind, Supes is a little more humble, and definitely doesn't ever like entertaining himself at other people's expense. Celestia on the other hand, well... there are very good reasons that we've nicknamed her Trollestia. VERY GOOD REASONS!!! :mellow: So, I gotta say, that I'd probably rather hang out with Superman, since he'd probably have a more pleasant personality... *gasp* maybe we could even get muffins with each other and talk about how we both fight crime!!! That'd be SO AWESOME!!!! :wub:

• Brohoof 2

What Solarwind says. Superman got nothing on magic, with Celestia has plenty of, and would probably try to talk her out of fighting first. Celestia on the other hand is known to get to the point fast (attacked Chrysalis pretty much immediately, no fussing about) and get does not let her emotions distract her from the important (banishing her own sister to save her subjects).

Also with the Elements it should be fairly easy for her to banish him to somewhere where there`s lots of green kryptonite,. or you know, petrification rainbow.

So yeah, pretty much just another statue for the royal gardens.

i'll not to go full comic nerd

in a strait up fight no kryptonite or elements of harmony , Celestia would win simple because Superman biggest weakness next to Knite is Magic. she could just freeze him in time.

also Superman is not OP he has had his ass kick my many DC characters, if you want OP..... Sentry, however if he got over his agoraphobia and fear of his power he would crack the world in 2 nothing would stop him.

Edited by PonyEcho

i'll not to go full comic nerd

in a strait up fight no kryptonite or elements of harmony , Celestia would win simple because Superman biggest weakness next to Knite is Magic. she could just freeze him in time.

also Superman is not OP he has had his ass kick my many DC characters, if you want OP..... Sentry, however if he got over his agoraphobia and fear of his power he would crack the world in 2 nothing would stop him.

Magic has never been his next Kryptonite, hes always been sorta weak to it and it can hurt him but its not like it weakens him or anything. Hes fought mystical God like characters before like Captain Marve;, Black adam, and even Thor and hes managed to beat them despite them being able to damage him. Ill give that Celestia could hurt him but its not gonna be easy seeing how fast and strong he is. If hes bloodlusted that is.

You dont believe Supermans OP, Check out Pre-Crisis Superman. This is a guy that destroyed a Solar System... by Sneezing.

What Solarwind says. Superman got nothing on magic, with Celestia has plenty of, and would probably try to talk her out of fighting first. Celestia on the other hand is known to get to the point fast (attacked Chrysalis pretty much immediately, no fussing about) and get does not let her emotions distract her from the important (banishing her own sister to save her subjects).

Also with the Elements it should be fairly easy for her to banish him to somewhere where there`s lots of green kryptonite,. or you know, petrification rainbow.

So yeah, pretty much just another statue for the royal gardens.

Have you seen his fight with Bizarro? He punched him out of the Solar System in like 10 seconds

Im also allowing the Sword of Superman, dont know what that is... look it up. Lets just say its the EoH before the Elements of Harmony were a thought in Laren Fausts far brain.

• Brohoof 1

You dont believe Supermans OP, Check out Pre-Crisis Superman. This is a guy that destroyed a Solar System... by Sneezing.

Have you seen his fight with Bizarro? He punched him out of the Solar System in like 10 seconds

Im also allowing the Sword of Superman, dont know what that is... look it up. Lets just say its the EoH before the Elements of Harmony were a thought in Laren Fausts far brain.

yeah superman is only as powerful as the person who is writing for him want superman to be i always try to find a even level that's all stats based that why fanboyness is avoided

also in not allwing outside assistance in my opinion so no EoH and no sword of superman that way its bases on stats which does throw it in supermans favor due to the fact we don't know celestia' s true power

Edited by PonyEcho

well that's always a problem which Superman do we choose? 70+ years of existing means we got alot of vastly differing powerlevels and personalities from writers ranging from brillant to abyssmal. Maybe he suddenly decides its more important to walk across Equestria and talk to people :mellow:

But still: As long as Celestia remembers keep up a magic forcefield of some sort, I don't see how he can touch her. Or she just goes all out Miller, replaces her front hoofguards with kryptonite and beats the stuffing out of him.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

Celestia would still win. She has loads of magic and he said she could use the elements. Supes would get trashed by a rainbow maned pony. I mean he couldnt even beat batman! Final decision Supe should stay out of Equestria.

A. Superman hand down. I'm just thinking of how fast and easily Celestia was taken down during the Royal Wedding.

B. I did not even know Superman had powerful weapons. I never thought he'd need them. I don't even know what the Elements of Harmony really do... they just glow really bright and solve problems... I guess the edge goes to Celestia.

C. Celestia hands down. Equestria is... a utopia. There are very few conflicts(no crime, no hunger, no prejudice, no war), and the biggest problems are related to... friendship.

Superman is a great protector and all but he isn't powerful enough to change human nature...

Edited by Dr Manehattan

First of all they wouldn't even fight, since their both on the side of good. But I'd guess Superman would win. But then again if this Princess Celestia was evil (the only reason Superman would even fight Princess Celestia.) from some strange parallel universe of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic where she has God like powers that Superman can only dream of, then Princess Celestia would win.

Celestia would still win. She has loads of magic and he said she could use the elements. Supes would get trashed by a rainbow maned pony. I mean he couldnt even beat batman! Final decision Supe should stay out of Equestria.

Are you implying that Batman is a easy foe to beat? Batman (with prep time) would destroy all of Equestria just by saying "Im Batman" causing every single ponies head to explode.

Are you talking about Rainbow Dash or Celestia. Superman would destroy in speed and strength Rainbow Dash as a Baby let alone as an adult

well that's always a problem which Superman do we choose? 70+ years of existing means we got alot of vastly differing powerlevels and personalities from writers ranging from brillant to abyssmal. Maybe he suddenly decides its more important to walk across Equestria and talk to people :mellow:

But still: As long as Celestia remembers keep up a magic forcefield of some sort, I don't see how he can touch her. Or she just goes all out Miller, replaces her front hoofguards with kryptonite and beats the stuffing out of him.

Thats why i use the terms, Pre and Post Crisis Superman to differentiate. Im allowing both if you want.

Superman could have problems with the shield, but how would she even know about Kryptonite?

Im supriesed noone has brought up other aspects of this

Celestia has control over the sun, Superman gets powers from it. Maybe she could use that against him

Also in comparing TK to His strength, Celestia can move a Sun with zero to no effort, but Pre-Crisis Superman could also do the same

Are you implying that Batman is a easy foe to beat? Batman (with prep time) would destroy all of Equestria just by saying "Im Batman" causing every single ponies head to explode.

Are you talking about Rainbow Dash or Celestia. Superman would destroy in speed and strength Rainbow Dash as a Baby let alone as an adult

Thats why i use the terms, Pre and Post Crisis Superman to differentiate. Im allowing both if you want.

Superman could have problems with the shield, but how would she even know about Kryptonite?

Im supriesed noone has brought up other aspects of this

Celestia has control over the sun, Superman gets powers from it. Maybe she could use that against him

Also in comparing TK to His strength, Celestia can move a Sun with zero to no effort, but Pre-Crisis Superman could also do the same

Superman is weak agains magic. Celestia is all magic. If given prep time Batman is a fierce opponent. However Superman didnt have prep time Batman had the kryptonite something else he is weak againt. I dont see Superman beating Celestia he has laser eyes she has a magical unicorn horn that can produce lasers, shields, and raise the sun. Superman killed Doomsday by dragging him into the sun and that killed Superman as well. Celestia all the way.

Superman would own her. He has god damn lasers in his eyes! And I don't really know what Celestia could do to hurt him since he can only be hurt by kryptonite.

Superman has always had problems dealing with magical foes, all celestia need to do is place a barrier around him and banish him to a planet that has a atmosphere like krypton and superman is neutralized

however superman has the speed and strength advantage but his laser eyes can hurt him as well so a reflecting spell would dot the trick.

also i think we should use the most recent NEW 52 Superman

also put the god damn fanboyness to one side damn it

Edited by PonyEcho

Superman is weak agains magic. Celestia is all magic. If given prep time Batman is a fierce opponent. However Superman didnt have prep time Batman had the kryptonite something else he is weak againt. I dont see Superman beating Celestia he has laser eyes she has a magical unicorn horn that can produce lasers, shields, and raise the sun. Superman killed Doomsday by dragging him into the sun and that killed Superman as well. Celestia all the way.

Superman has always had problems dealing with magical foes, all celestia need to do is place a barrier around him and banish him to a planet that has a atmosphere like krypton and superman is neutralized

however superman has the speed and strength advantage but his laser eyes can hurt him as well so a reflecting spell would dot the trick.

also i think we should use the most recent NEW 52 Superman

also put the god damn fanboyness to one side damn it

That was Post Crisis Superman and New 52 and at the time he wasnt at his most powerful. Im no denying she has some advantages over him and could give him a good fight, but lets be fair here in not use the versions of Superman that barely have any knowledge of their powers m'kay.

Though he has had trouble with Magic foes before he has proven that he can beat them and has had the know how to avoid them, plus Supermans foes that use Magic usely are highly experienced GODS.

Especially against Mxyzptlk, a being who would make Discord look extremely weak in comparison in terms of Reality Warping.

Superman would lose. I think magic it self would weaken him. Celestia would then just have to finish him.

Magic does not weaken him, hes just vunerable to its effect like ALL living creatures. Doesnt mean its his next Kryptonite.

Magic does not weaken him, hes just vunerable to its effect like ALL living creatures. Doesnt mean its his next Kryptonite.

Well Kryptonite has a magical property so in a way magic does weaken him. Thus being in a magical place like Equestria, he wouldn't stand a chance against Celestia.

OK this will be stats based none of what Superman had done in any issue will be taken into account because with all the ways he has been written it just cant be accurate

Superman

Strength: 8.5 - he has super strength but he can be overpowered

Speed: 9 on land 7.5 in the air- he is slower in the air and faster on foot but again he's not the fastest, even tho he a even beated the flash in a race it was stated that the flash let superman win because it was all for charity

Fighting: 5 - he mainly relies on his super strength and not his fighting prowess

Durability: 9 on earth ? on other planets- it all depends on the atmosphere of the planet he is on but he is indestructible but has weaknesses.

Intelligence:- 6 + - he's not super smart but he and read and learn super fast

Magic: 0 - he is weak against magic but its only crippling it wont stop him in his tracks

Celestia is gonna be a bit hard for me to do but i'll have to deal

Strength : 3 but 7 if she knows any strength enhancing spells

Speed: 10 if she can teleport like twilight can but if not, 3 on foot 6 in the air

Fighting: 4 i recon she knows quite abit she is other 1000 years old

Durability: 2 one hit and she is down but 7 if she uses magical barriers

Intelligence: 8 the wisdom of her age

Magic: 10 shes likely more powerful then twilight in the magical department and can control the sun.

that the best i can do

i thing if the fight played out superman would use his speed but Celestia would teleport around but if superman used his ice breath it would be taken to the air, superman would then have the advantage. some else carry on

(no fanboyness use logic )

Well Kryptonite has a magical property so in a way magic does weaken him. Thus being in a magical place like Equestria, he wouldn't stand a chance against Celestia.

0_o Kryptonite is a radioactive material from his home planet, it only affects him because it causes strange effects on Kryptonians because it tuned to their specific body type and specfic allegory to Radiation. It has never been nor ever will be Magic. AT ALL.
  • Brohoof 1

The Magic of friendship, moon banishing, ruler over everything, unicorn with wings/alicorn, elements of harmony...

Superman? a guy who shoots lasers from his eyes, breathes ice, and can fly.

Celestia wins, obviously.

0_o Kryptonite is a radioactive material from his home planet, it only affects him because it causes strange effects on Kryptonians because it tuned to their specific body type and specfic allegory to Radiation. It has never been nor ever will be Magic. AT ALL.

Oh wow this is embarrassing... I'm just going by what a friend told me... Lol I feel like an idiot...

OK this will be stats based none of what Superman had done in any issue will be taken into account because with all the ways he has been written it just cant be accurate

Superman

Strength: 8.5 - he has super strength but he can be overpowered

Speed: 9 on land 7.5 in the air- he is slower in the air and faster on foot but again he's not the fastest, even tho he a even beated the flash in a race it was stated that the flash let superman win because it was all for charity

Fighting: 5 - he mainly relies on his super strength and not his fighting prowess

Durability: 9 on earth ? on other planets- it all depends on the atmosphere of the planet he is on but he is indestructible but has weaknesses.

Intelligence:- 6 + - he's not super smart but he and read and learn super fast

Magic: 0 - he is weak against magic but its only crippling it wont stop him in his tracks

Celestia is gonna be a bit hard for me to do but i'll have to deal

Strength : 3 but 7 if she knows any strength enhancing spells

Speed: 10 if she can teleport like twilight can but if not, 3 on foot 6 in the air

Fighting: 4 i recon she knows quite abit she is other 1000 years old

Durability: 2 one hit and she is down but 7 if she uses magical barriers

Intelligence: 8 the wisdom of her age

Magic: 10 shes likely more powerful then twilight in the magical department and can control the sun.

that the best i can do

i thing if the fight played out superman would use his speed but Celestia would teleport around but if superman used his ice breath it would be taken to the air, superman would then have the advantage. some else carry on

(no fanboyness use logic )

The reason Superman is inconsistent is because Pre Crisis and Post Crisis Superman are not from the same earth, they are products of completely different Universes.

Know while agree those are the stats of Post Crisis Superman

Pre-Crisis Superman

Strength: 10 in any enviroment: He was able to take full on hits from a pissed off Hulk, and the Hulk literally broke his hands while Superman just stood there.

Speed: 11 in air, 9.5 on land. PC Superman had no limits to his speed while flying, he could travel through time with no effort and travel to entirely different Galaxies and back before a person could blink.

Fighting: 8, he was a expert in Martial Arts and because of his ancestory had great training in boxing.

Durability: 10, had survived a Super Nova even in space, though he can be weakened by other means.

Intelligence: 9-10, Superman back in the day was a mega genius that even gave Batman and Lex Luthor a run for their money, he could understand any language in seconds and once caused a Super computer to explode

Magic:... yeah a 0

Oh wow this is embarrassing... I'm just going by what a friend told me... Lol I feel like an idiot...

Dont take it personally, i know one guy that thought Kryptonite was created by Lex Luthor. At least you admit your mistake

The Magic of friendship, moon banishing, ruler over everything, unicorn with wings/alicorn, elements of harmony...

Superman? a guy who shoots lasers from his eyes, breathes ice, and can fly.

Celestia wins, obviously.

Also a guy who bathed in teh Sun and came out a Fiery Demon. Oh and knocked people so hard he split the moon in half. Give him some credit
  • Brohoof 1