Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Posted ImageOOkay, yeah, the hair looks horrible, I know ^_^ I was lagging majorly and couldn't get the hair done right within a reasonable amount of time, and also I could've done the nose much better too, but had lagg-n-all...

Was a test with upgraded GIMP software (GPS), tried warm lighting and cool shades? I forgot how it went with wram and cool colours with shades and lighting, but I tried,

Damn I hate the character count sometimes blah blah blah y'all know the drill blah blah here's a little critique/guide thingie for you.

Posted Image

Ooooooooooohhh..... I learned SOO MUCH from this! I never really knew shading/lighting/tones even had an edge, :blink: my logic's way off. Thank you so much for the tip on how to create the hair better also, that saved me a Very great deal of time :lol: I actually only did a photo-edit of a cropped picture from the show, since I can't really draw with a mouse I practice this until I obtain a graphics tablet, so that's why the tail seems like it's trailing on the ground mostly, and yeah I missed the eyes too, thanks for pointing that out ^_^ I plan on learning how to create more realistic eyes soon, after I practice what you've pointed out and taught me here :)

Thanks again for this wonderful (guide basically) reply, it helped me a lot and I plan on taking every bit from it! Also to help others with the same too after I get this fancy stuff down :wub:

Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco
  • Brohoof 1

Oh wow :wacko: ! You have a beautiful talent right there! I admire you're work, and I think you should enter some contests or make shirts. I'm sure you would get some money by doing what I just said :lol: !

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

your art work is wonderful , I like that .

I use  XP-Pen Star 06 wireless drawing tablet  from 2017 or so at work. Both work nicely with GIMP on both Linux and Windows.  Gimp is free and I don't need anything better.

GIMP is customizable; recently I have been re-mapping shortcut keys to fit my work flow with animations. I use the L key to turn layers on or off, K to go up one layer and select it, and J to go down one layer and select it. In this way my right hand is free on the tablet to draw or stamp pictoral elements on selected layers, and I avoid "onion skinning".

I am going to re-map all shortcuts, but the important ones are set like layer and brush opacity, merge down, stroke selection etc.