Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCAN: First Canadian Brony Convention

NostalgicPony

Edit: Thanks to Senn for suggesting to edit the title. I should have remembered that this is a convention for not just B.C. bronies, but the entire brony population of Canada and International ones. It is a traveling convention.

Some of you probably know about BronyCAN which is a big facebook group for bronies in Canada, but also to those nearing the boarders of the North. But recently BronyCAN just launched their site and have announced that they will host the first national brony convention in Canada! And they picked British Columbia as their first spot!

Some say it's in Vancouver, but they have yet to officially announce the city or town.

More info is found here: http://www.bronycan.com/index.html

I don't mean to advertise, but this could be a great place in the future for a MLP Forums meetup for some on this forum, including Feld0!

Summer 2013

---

Something to consider! :)

I'm just going to keep this as a BronyCAN thread, for the other event I posted earlier will go into another thread at some point in the future.

Edited by NostalgicPony
  • Brohoof 9

I for sure need to attempt to attend one of these conventions, They are quite close to me, but it's just a matter of getting there.

It would be really fun to meet some bronies in real life :)

• Brohoof 1

BC is the farthest away from me good lord

nothing in Canada is close but that is just beyond far...

if it was in Toronto that'd be fine, hell even Ottawa or Montreal, but Vancouver...god damnet

Well again, it is a traveling convention so they should be going to Ontario in the future years! British Columbia is probably their best starting point because many of them people that work on the show reside in the province, so, it be easy for guests to come!

makes sense, hopefully one day me and my Rarity plushie will get to go to one of these things...should have a car by then...

and definitely my own place

Depending if your in the Southern area of your province, you could possibly try going to local U.S. Brony conventions that may be around those parts, or maybe another Canadian brony con will come up near where you are as well!

BRITISH COLUMBIA IS LIKE A 16 HOUR DRIVE WHERE I'M FROM! :angry: But it's in the summer so it's possible.... If I happen to go I'd love to see other members! Never been to a convention though :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

NOTHING WILL HOLD ME BACK! I'M GOING NO MATTER WHAT! EVEN IF MY MOM SAYS I CAN'T GO... I'M A GROWN MAN I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!

Posted Image

Well 90% going fo' sure!

How many countries have these conventions?

American people have bronycon, Canadians have bronycan and even we Finnish have ponimiitti! (eng. ponymeet)

As far as I know, the only countries that have had huge brony conventions would be BronyCon (New Jersey, USA), Everfree Northwest (Seattle, USA), B.U.C.K. (United Kingdom) and Galacon (Germany). Canterlot Gardens is scheduled to be in Ohio in the U.S. this year.

Okay I am putting my hoof down and i will be going to this! It's in the summer so why not!? I have a passport... So i should be able to, right? Either that or i convince my parents it's a fishing trip or something...

(edited)

my parents wouldn't care, they never cared what I like. they never cared about all the other cons I go to, its my money and I work for it

Well, whatever works for you! If you have the time and money and if this convention seems promising for you then try to make it out! I'm sure if you try to find someone you know online that is going in the future you could possibly save money by carpooling/sharing hotel rooms.

@Rainbow Dashey: You should be able to come across with a passport, maybe convince them its some sort of pop-cultural/anime convention or something and they decided to use ponies as a mascot!

Edited by NostalgicPony
  • Brohoof 1

I live in the capitol, on an island. Pretty sure they're not going to pick Victoria. Although if they did, and they got an article in the newspaper, then that would (hopefully) spread good information about Bronies.

I think it sounds excellent, I only wish I still lived in Canada. I also think they need to come up with a better name than bronycan, is it just me or should it be called bronycon eh? Or some other stupid pun.

Edited by rcollinz13
  • Brohoof 1

Well, whatever works for you! If you have the time and money and if this convention seems promising for you then try to make it out! I'm sure if you try to find someone you know online that is going in the future you could possibly save money by carpooling/sharing hotel rooms.

@Rainbow Dashey: You should be able to come across with a passport, maybe convince them its some sort of pop-cultural/anime convention or something and they decided to use ponies as a mascot!

na all my friends are back in my old city and they don't really much care for FiM (they're all women so the whole brony thing is a little lost on them, that and they are fans of the older gens so...FiM is just more ponies and they aren't along with the fad)

I'd just go myself, its no big deal. I enjoy the comfort of not having to share a hotel room

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have a couple of friends in that area...I'll have to see if they'll be going.

I think it sounds excellent, I only wish I still lived in Canada. I also think they need to come up with a better name than bronycan, is it just me or should it be called bronycon eh? Or some other stupid pun.

Close. I would have gone with "Bron-eh-CON", myself.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

But I don't want to see the bronies' cans. O.o

I kid. I'm happy for the Canadian fans. If this thing makes it to Toronto it will be closer to me than a lot of U.S. conventions are...but I probably won't try it. I've heard horror stories about that border. xD