Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCAN: First Canadian Brony Convention

NostalgicPony

My friends booked the room! 5 people all in one suite! It's going to be a blast! smile.png Executive Suites by the way, right where the convention is.

Awesome to hear that! :D

As for myself, I don't really have a place to stay, and would be by myself. So I wouldn't mind sharing a room or something with someone. If anyone wants to do that.

Awesome to hear that! biggrin.png

As for myself, I don't really have a place to stay, and would be by myself. So I wouldn't mind sharing a room or something with someone. If anyone wants to do that.

I'd say sure, but I don't think the hotel would really appreciate it sleep.png However, if for some reason one of our buds drops out I can see if we can arrange something.

Yeah, they most likely would not like something like that.

Also, so ya'll know, I finally registered. ^^

So no need to worry about if I'm going or not if making any plans with me.

• Brohoof 2

So I didn't think about it when I ordered, but my already-default address on my PayPal account is an old one (specifically my parents address which is...on the other side of Canada).

I sent an e-mail and promptly changed the address on my PayPal.

But I just got thinking...does anything actually get sent?  Or is it just a matter of showing up at the convention with ID to pick up my pass?

So I didn't think about it when I ordered, but my already-default address on my PayPal account is an old one (specifically my parents address which is...on the other side of Canada).

But I just got thinking...does anything actually get sent?  Or is it just a matter of showing up at the convention with ID to pick up my pass?

I had the same question about verifying yourself at the door to get your ticket. It's actually simple! I emailed them and asked and they said all you need to do is show ID. :)

I had the same question about verifying yourself at the door to get your ticket. It's actually simple! I emailed them and asked and they said all you need to do is show ID. smile.png

Alright, cool.  Thanks.

I'll see everybody there.

If you happen to spot me, feel free to tag along (or ask me to come along with your group) since I'll probably be on my own (not a whole lot of brony friends out here currently).

Alright, cool.  Thanks.

I'll see everybody there.

If you happen to spot me, feel free to tag along (or ask me to come along with your group) since I'll probably be on my own (not a whole lot of brony friends out here currently).

I will be going with five (4 from my town and one from Abbotsford) and some of plan on splitting up (I'm usually on the go with cons) But we need to have a MLPForums meetup! :)

(edited)

I think it would neat for Feld0 to make an appearance. I mean it is in his area and is the first time a brony convention will occur in British Columbia. However, his goal right now is to go to BronyCon, which is a few weeks before BronyCAN, so it may be a bit overwhelming for him to go there, but who knows.

Edited by NostalgicPony
  • Brohoof 1

Awwwwhhh I wish I could go but sadly I dont live in Canada,but it would be cool if I did then I would be so happy,but I don't.I congradulate all who can go,have fun :)

~MLPFan14

I live closer to it than Feld0 actually (marginally) but that in mind, yeah, I would like to see him there.  I'm actually surprised it's taken this long for a BC pony con to happen since so much of the show's production occurs out here.

• Brohoof 1

I live closer to it than Feld0 actually (marginally) but that in mind, yeah, I would like to see him there.  I'm actually surprised it's taken this long for a BC pony con to happen since so much of the show's production occurs out here.

One was attempted on Victoria last year with only an attendance of a little under 100, but it was in competition with the first Everfree NW in Seattle so a lot of BC Bronies went there instead, it also had quite a lot of guests, if not more than what BronyCon had in 2012.

Also another thing I should mention, print the receipt of your ticket when you go to get your ticket. :)

(edited)

Well good for the Canadian bronies. derpy_emoticon1.png  Gotta say, I'm a little surprised they've never had their very own brony convention until this point considering the show is, well, produced in Canada! happy.png

Edited by Batbrony

For those of you thinking about booking a flight to BronyCAN, Air Canada is having a seat sale on for the next six days:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/air/discount/discount.html?icid=canadasale|homeen|2013060420130606#.UbItidiGenr

Booking a room at BronyCAN's hotel includes airport shuttle (plus WiFi and parking) in the total price as well. smile.png

http://www.bronycan.com/hotel.html

We are also now accepting panel ideas and submissions! What kinds of panels would you like to see at BronyCAN?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Bij8vkEjLn3kUn3Z1yBLfVHLa8agdqcJRCB-Gh1E9ak/viewform

Also - and I apologize for being late on this - Nicole Gauss held an AMA on Reddit two days ago. She will be attending BronyCAN as one of our special guests~

http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/1frge7/hi_my_name_is_nicole_gauss_and_this_is_my_ama/

Lastly, BronyCAN got mentioned on Dustykatt's Monday radio show, Stay Brony My Friends:

But I just got thinking...does anything actually get sent? Or is it just a matter of showing up at the convention with ID to pick up my pass?

Nothing will be sent to your home address; you will be picking up your tickets at the main doors / registration kiosk on the con premises (the registration system you use online is the same one you use to sign in at the con). ID is required, of course, though if you also have a printed receipt on hand it may speed things up so that you can get your printed badge(s) faster. smile.png

I'm gonna be there with Madogg. Now if only I can convince Feld0 to meet up with us. Feld0 if your reading this tell me what you think man.

@@Feld0

That should get his attention. tongue.png

• 3 weeks later...

I am totally looking forward to going. Reg'd with the early bird special when it opened and have a vendor spot! I am definitely excited :3

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

untitled_by_maddoggyca-d6b60h1.jpg
untitled_by_maddoggyca-d6b60km.jpg

Apple jack is on board for bronycan this year
. Im just waiting to hear form fluttershy to see if she can leave equestria for the weekend

Edited by MadDoggyca

I'm gonna be there with Madogg. Now if only I can convince Feld0 to meet up with us. Feld0 if your reading this tell me what you think man.

I think it would neat for Feld0 to make an appearance. I mean it is in his area and is the first time a brony convention will occur in British Columbia. However, his goal right now is to go to BronyCon, which is a few weeks before BronyCAN, so it may be a bit overwhelming for him to go there, but who knows.

Fashionably late reply, go! :D

My convention plans have been really up in the air recently with everything surrounding BronyCon, but I'm 99% sure at this point that I'll be able to make it to BronyCAN. It's a short drive across town for me. I'm also going to be making the slightly longer drive down to Everfree Northwest with a friend next week, on that note.

Just to make it clear, I'm going to both of these conventions on personal terms - the big Poniverse fanfare we'll have at BronyCon is something we only have the resources to do once this year. But yeah, expect to see me at BronyCAN! I'd love to make some kind of Poniverse meetup happen sometime around it.

• Brohoof 3

~Salute~ Can't wait to finally meet you boss. It would be awesome to have all the 'Best Coast' ponies in one room together. Heh are any of you besides Me,Maddoggyca cosplaying?

(edited)

Glad to hear you're going to BronyCAN Feld0! Seems like the cons are going to keep you busy this Summer. It's going to be a great meetup for all of us that can make it haha tongue.png

Edit: Maybe we should create a big Skype group to discuss meetup matters? Just a thought.

Edited by NostalgicPony

(edited)

Hey everyone! We at BronyCAN have a series of announcements to present to you on this day, Monday, July 1st, also known as Canada Day. We hope those of you in our fine country have been able to enjoy the extra long weekend and are currently indulging in the festivities today! Due to recent events we would like to extend our condolences to those affected by the tragic floodings in southern Alberta, especially those in Calgary, Canmore, and High River.

In any case, here are the announcements!

In celebration of Canada's 146th birthday, we are launching an online sale on all of our badges! This is a limited-time offer that will only last three days, from now until 11:59PM Pacific, Wednesday, July 3rd. Sale prices range from 10% to nearly 60% off - if you have been interested in picking up one of our top-tier badges, now is an excellent time to take advantage of the sale offer while it's on!

Be sure to check out the sale here, and pick up your badge today!

http://ask-bronycan.tumblr.com, follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/BronyCAN, like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BronyCAN, and keep an eye on our website for the most up-to-date BronyCAN news!

--

Sincerely,

Lucas Sestak (Senn555)

Public Relations Team

BronyCAN

http://www.bronycan.com/

I heard some of the staff at BronyCAN is trying to get Weird Al, (since hes a brony and all) to come to the convention.. is that true Senn?

We will keep you posted when we have more guests to announce. Stay tuned!

Other BronyCAN news as of late:

We have opened our new Tumblr, Ask BronyCAN! We have also re-opened our online webstore on society6!

http://ask-bronycan.tumblr.com/

http://society6.com/BronyCAN/tshirts

Also, we are looking for volunteers to help out with our con: more artists on our Design Team, and more people in our Operations/Security, Programming/Planning, Public Relations, and Registration departments. If you are interested, please apply here:

http://www.bronycan.com/application.html

Edited by Senn555
  • Brohoof 2

Coincidentally I'm going to be in the Vancouver area at the time of the convention so I'm like 99% sure that I'm going. I can't wait. But who else will be going? Can we arrange a full MLP Forums meetup there possibly? Perhaps make a thread for that? 

• Brohoof 1

But who else will be going? Can we arrange a full MLP Forums meetup there possibly? Perhaps make a thread for that? 

I was thinking about that as well. A MLP Forums meetup thread for BronyCAN sounds legitimate. :) There seems to be a lot of interest in this convention.

What happened to the website, there's some creepy girl staring at me now. D: Someone forgot to renew their domain methinks...hope it gets fixed soon. :3