Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCAN: First Canadian Brony Convention

NostalgicPony

(edited)

What happened to the website, there's some creepy girl staring at me now. D: Someone forgot to renew their domain methinks...hope it gets fixed soon. :3

We've had to take down the site for maintenance. While BronyCAN.com is currently down, BronyCAN.ca is active at the moment, and it has all the up to date information. Unfortunately, registration is inaccessible at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience, we're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.

Update: Our site and registration system is back online. Please update your bookmarks to BronyCAN.ca. We will have BronyCAN.com redirect to the new domain as soon as possible.

Your suspicions were correct, General, the .com domain expired this morning and was not set to renew itself  automatically. We've moved the site to our backup .ca domain to cover for us, and all registration data has been successfully recovered and moved over. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Edited by FirestormCAN
Update to technical situation
  • Brohoof 1

I am so looking forward to this. I've hardly been able to attend any non local conventions due to a lack of funds, but with BronyCAN being close by in Vancouver, I should definitely be able to attend that and wouldn't miss it for the world.

Here in Calgary we tried to set up a little brony convention of our own, but due to some complications, we had to put it on hold. It's good to Canada have it's first brony convention and I hope that it truly becomes a great success!

We've had to take down the site for maintenance. While BronyCAN.com is currently down, BronyCAN.ca is active at the moment, and it has all the up to date information. Unfortunately, registration is inaccessible at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience, we're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.

Update: Our site and registration system is back online. Please update your bookmarks to BronyCAN.ca. We will have BronyCAN.com redirect to the new domain as soon as possible.

Your suspicions were correct, General, the .com domain expired this morning and was not set to renew itself  automatically. We've moved the site to our backup .ca domain to cover for us, and all registration data has been successfully recovered and moved over. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

well as no registration were lost in the process every pony that registered should be happy and all set eh? Im guessing the .ca will be mane site for now on?

(edited)
well as no registration were lost in the process every pony that registered should be happy and all set eh? Im guessing the .ca will be mane site for now on?

Well actually it looks like BronyCAN.com is back online, but either one will get you to the site. We will be redirecting to BronyCAN.ca, so we'll let you know when that's been set up. Remember to update your bookmarks if you haven't already.

Edited by FirestormCAN

Just out of curiosity, will you guys be also advertising/hosting a panel at Cos & Effect 2013 at UBC in Vancouver? I plan on going to that convention and I heard a huge brony outcome is expected from all over the west coast.

Im definetly going. I registered a week or two ago. I cant wait! :D Im suprised the first Brony convention in Canada is not in Toronto or something. Im happy though because I live in BC.

• Brohoof 1

Just out of curiosity, will you guys be also advertising/hosting a panel at Cos & Effect 2013 at UBC in Vancouver? I plan on going to that convention and I heard a huge brony outcome is expected from all over the west coast.

No plans for an official BronyCAN attendance there as of yet, but it's something we could discuss next meeting to see if it can happen. Silvershock plans to be there at the least.

No plans for an official BronyCAN attendance there as of yet, but it's something we could discuss next meeting to see if it can happen. Silvershock plans to be there at the least.

It would be neat. Last year I went for one day and I got a lot out of it in terms of ponyness :P I think it would be cool. They're really chill (A lot of their staff works with Anime Evolution and Sakura-Con).

Fantastic! Its great to see my canadian bretheren with their own brony convention. I hope you guys hve an absolutely great con! :)

• Brohoof 1

By a strange coincidence, I've just been hanging out with some of the guys running Cos and Effect. It now looks like we will have a booth at Cos and Effect. :-) I'll bring along a hotspot so we can take registrations on the day. Hope to see you there!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

We are seeking the community's help for more panel ideas! Send us an e-mail at contactus@bronycan.com or submit your ideas here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Bij8vkEjLn3kUn3Z1yBLfVHLa8agdqcJRCB-Gh1E9ak/viewform

We are also providing a spreadsheet of open time slots so that you can pick and choose what day/time you wish for your panel to occur (pending approval from staff):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkRFNv27wwL_dDdjNVRfOUQ0NWVEdHpkV0l2aHdZclE#gid=0

(or post here... of course :P)

Edited by Senn555

We are seeking the community's help for more panel ideas! Send us an e-mail at contactus@bronycan.com or submit your ideas here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Bij8vkEjLn3kUn3Z1yBLfVHLa8agdqcJRCB-Gh1E9ak/viewform

We are also providing a spreadsheet of open time slots so that you can pick and choose what day/time you wish for your panel to occur (pending approval from staff):j

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkRFNv27wwL_dDdjNVRfOUQ0NWVEdHpkV0l2aHdZclE#gid=0

(or post here... of course :P)

since im on my phone...how about i put my suggestion here. A panel with the people who started bronycan talking about whats inolved with creating an organising such an event
  • Brohoof 2

I want to go to a convention so bad, but I would never be allowed. ;_;

Sounds pretty cool! I wish I could come, but even if I had permission I'm broke at the moment. At least I can contribute to the con and send some of my art off with @.

since im on my phone...how about i put my suggestion here. A panel with the people who started bronycan talking about whats inolved with creating an organising such an event

Not a bad idea, especially if we could get Trapa on the panel. Dude has literally founded at least a half dozen long running cons.

You don't want to know how it feels to never be able to attend one of those cons because there are none in the Netherlands, the closest I know of atm is GalaCon, and then there is the fact that by the time I'm old enough to go by myself, there probably won't be any conventions anymore (at least I think that in 4/7 years the Brony community has died down. Let's hope not of course, but I don't know.), since my parents would never drive for me, or even let me go to Germany for a day... ;~;

Sometimes being in the Netherlands just simply sucks ^^

The community is going to be here long after 7 years. We had a big discussion about this. Star Trek conventions have been going on for over 40 years now, I wouldn't be worried.

(edited)

Wish this was in at least Saskatchewan  :(  I live too far away and not enough time off work to travel that far. Poo. Maybe one of these days if you travel east I will :)

Edited by Kittykittyvii

Man, if I wasn't already headed to BronyCon, I would go to this and visit my family too. I hope they host it in Toronto next year. Looks like fun. :-)

Recently the event organizers stated that they will be remaining in Richmond for the foreseeable future. Kinda sucks for us Easterners  :unsure:

You gotta be kidding me.  :angry: I'm never gonna get to see a con! Argh, I hate Nova Scotia! It's nice, but nothing ever comes here! I wish I lived somewhere better like Ontario!

Wait, you're a 14 year old male brony from Nova Scotia (according to profile) too? Intriguing.

Try going to Halcon. I'll be there. They might have a few pony things (probably not much though).

(edited)

That moment when I'm at Richmond, BC and I can't go because I'll be gone by then. I want to go so bad but I can't! This has to be one of the worst possible things that has ever happened to me.. :(

Edited by Azura

(edited)

Afancorp: Terrible drivers are everywhere in this area XD Why not take the skytrain? There are two stops right outside the conventions hotel. (like. a couple blocks away.) Less worrying about drivers and cheaper then gas for the weekend. : )

Edited by Temrin
  • Brohoof 1