Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chickened out on my first day!

RainbowDashBrony

Well I went to the store to try to buy my first MLP toy, but I just couldnt do it, too embaressed I suppose. I really want at least one tho to keep with me as a special keepsake to cheer me up. anyone have any tips or stories on getting a toy?

Just march right in there and pick it up and check out. It's that simple. If the cashier looks at you weird, just look right back. That is all you need to do. Be a brony and be proud.

• Brohoof 14

Just act cool and it'll be fine. If someone asks, say you're buying it for your little sister or something.

The same trick works pretty much everywhere in life; if you're confident, people won't question what you're doing.

• Brohoof 3

When I buy shirts, I usually just buy them online and have them shipped to my house. *A third of the reason being I don't go out much, another third of the reason being I don't have a hot topic near me, and yet another third of the reason being I would probably chicken out like you did* However one day I wore my Fluttershy Yay t-shirt out to eat; nobody looked at me funny or anything, so that raised my confidence a bit :]

OK.

Bohtty's guide too buying an MLP toy!

STEP 1: Enter the Walmart or other alternate toy.

STEP 2: Locate pink isle

STEP 3: Circle the pink isle like a shark to get your bearings (It's key to not make this look noticeable.)

STEP 4: Walk quickly down the isle like you picked the wrong one

STEP 4.1: While doing this be sure to look for the toy you want.

STEP 5: Go to the card isle and get a sister/niece happy birthday card.

STEP 6: Return to the pink isle and pick up your toy.

STEP 7: Pair the card and the toy together in plain view

STEP 8: Bring them to cash register. (Put the card first, then the toy).

STEP 8.1: If you are questioned make sure you have your story set. The key to lying is to look them in the eyes and to make sure you have details, but don't over do it.

IF you look guilty they will know. They are like bees, they can smell fear... and guilt.

Just act like it's not a problem. You're buying it for your niece's birthday after all.

Edited by Bohtty
  • Brohoof 5

When I buy shirts, I usually just buy them online and have them shipped to my house. *A third of the reason being I don't go out much, another third of the reason being I don't have a hot topic near me, and yet another third of the reason being I would probably chicken out like you did* However one day I wore my Fluttershy Yay t-shirt out to eat; nobody looked at me funny or anything, so that raised my confidence a bit :]

Thats awesome! I would love a T-Shirt of Rainbow Dash! like this one http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=54002171

I would wear it around my house constantly and maybe someday outside ^_^

I guess I just wish there were other Bronies near me.

No one cares lol they're more than likely just going to think you're picking it up as a gift for a sister or cousin or something. I went to mcdonalds to get one of their toys a while back and held up a whole line of people asking the cashier to go look for fluttershy hahaha

• Brohoof 7

See, I wish my Wal-Mart had Pony stuff. :(

But yeah, back on topic, everyone has been hitting the money with the confidence thing.If anyone asks, worst case scenario say its a gift. Also, See Bohttys guide.

• Brohoof 1

OK.

Bohtty's guide too buying an MLP toy!

STEP 1: Enter the Walmart or other alternate toy.

STEP 2: Locate pink isle

STEP 3: Circle the pink isle like a shark to get your bearings (It's key to not make this look noticeable.)

STEP 4: Walk quickly down the isle like you picked the wrong one

STEP 4.1: While doing this be sure to look for the toy you want.

STEP 5: Go to the card isle and get a sister/niece happy birthday card.

STEP 6: Return to the pink isle and pick up your toy.

STEP 7: Pair the card and the toy together in plain view

STEP 8: Bring them to cash register. (Put the card first, then the toy).

STEP 8.1: If you are questioned make sure you have your story set. The key to lying is to look them in the eyes and to make sure you have details, but don't over do it.

IF you look guilty they will know. They are like bees, they can smell fear... and guilt.

Just act like it's not a problem. You're buying it for your niece's birthday after all.

thats funny, I actually did steps 1-4:1 :) I actually picked up a big lego set and pretended to be reading the back of it as I walked down the MLP isle. I just couldnt follow through :P

• Brohoof 1

thats funny, I actually did steps 1-4:1 :) I actually picked up a big lego set and pretended to be reading the back of it as I walked down the MLP isle. I just couldnt follow through :P

Man up son! Nobody gives a shit if you buy a MLP toy. If your worried get a card. Or ask your mother to buy it for you. Or kidnap a little girl and bring her with you. That way it'll look like it's for her.
  • Brohoof 1

Man up son! Nobody gives a shit if you buy a MLP toy. If your worried get a card. Or ask your mother to buy it for you. Or kidnap a little girl and bring her with you. That way it'll look like it's for her.

no kidnapping lol also parents or anyone else doesnt know, I live in a very anti Brony community haha. I will try again tomorrow, the toy isle is near the lawn and garden section, I think that if I grab a blind pack go to the checkout counter in lawn and garden then leave out that way I should be ok. :P

• Brohoof 1

Just walk in, grab the toy, pay for it and leave. That simple. Cashier gives any weird looks just give some back. I got my first pony shirt from hot topic when it came in my size and I went and put it on immediately and continued my stroll around the mall. Its not that bad, really. No looks or anything that I noticed.

Just be proud of being a brony and don't pay anyone any attention. Imma have to do the same thing when I go to Target to see if they got any blind bags as well. Hot Topic just started carrying them, but they don't have too many right now.

• Brohoof 2

no kidnapping lol also parents or anyone else doesnt know, I live in a very anti Brony community haha. I will try again tomorrow, the toy isle is near the lawn and garden section, I think that if I grab a blind pack go to the checkout counter in lawn and garden then leave out that way I should be ok. :P

You probably have bronies in your community, they are just hiding like you. What exactly is the worst thing that could happen to you if you told your friends/parents your a brony? lol

Just walk in, grab the toy, pay for it and leave. That simple. Cashier gives any weird looks just give some back. I got my first pony shirt from hot topic when it came in my size and I went and put it on immediately and continued my stroll around the mall. Its not that bad, really. No looks or anything that I noticed.

Just be proud of being a brony and don't pay anyone any attention. Imma have to do the same thing when I go to Target to see if they got any blind bags as well. Hot Topic just started carrying them, but they don't have too many right now.

Yea, I think it wouldnt be so bad next time I try. Here is hoping that for my struggles I am giffted with a Rainbow Dash ^_^ if only I was so lucky hehe

just go there, pick out the toy you want and pay for it. the key for people to keep away from you, is to not look creepy.

There is nothing wrong with buying something like that, its not a strap on. Most will just assume you have a sister, cousin, etc you are getting it for.

I bought 5 ponies at once and flirted with the cashier.

Mostly because I could, I really don't give a shit what others think. Being timid like that gives more of a chance for those overactive parents to freak out, if you just go in there and pick one out all calm and shit they'll naturally assume you're getting gifts, and if they call you out on it, just say- its a gift, my cousins birthday is coming, yada yada-make something up-I have a whole story planned if the day ever comes, though it won't just because- I mean out of all the really girly shit I have done and own, ponies are at the bottom of the list.

• Brohoof 3

You probably have bronies in your community, they are just hiding like you. What exactly is the worst thing that could happen to you if you told your friends/parents your a brony? lol

I know for a fact it would be a huge deal with my dad, my mom might not care, but my friends would make fun of me cause we all use to make fun of bronies till I was turned into one the other day.

I know for a fact it would be a huge deal with my dad, my mom might not care, but my friends would make fun of me cause we all use to make fun of bronies till I was turned into one the other day.

Lol who cares if your dad makes a huge deal out of it. He'll get over it eventually. If he calls you gay or any other derogatory term, just say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If your friends make fun of you then just make fun of them back. Or apply logic, idiots hate logic.

Do it how I did it; have a friend who likes to give you occasional gifts. Problem solved!

Alternatively, just go in, pick it off the shelf and buy it. If you really want to put some sort of ruse, find a scrap of paper, write down what you're going to buy and then put it in your pocket. Take it out and look at it when you're in the aisle so it looks like you're trying to figure out exactly what somebody else told you to buy like it's from a birthday list or something.

• Brohoof 1

Lol who cares if your dad makes a huge deal out of it. He'll get over it eventually. If he calls you gay or any other derogatory term, just say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If your friends make fun of you then just make fun of them back. Or apply logic, idiots hate logic.

True they do. I will slowly try to become openly Brony haha, my first act shall be making a giant Rainbow Dash on my minecraft server ^_^

Although I am a female, I sometimes get some strange looks while browsing the pony aisle.

You know what I do? I smile at them. Yes, smile. And they smile right back and forget about the whole thing. :) So a salute to Pinkie Pie from me. But if the cashier asks, so it's for your little cousin, sister, or baby shower. I'm sure they'll believe you. Who knows. Maybe they'll be a brony too. And if your Dad starts making fun of you, or your friends do, don't listen to any of them. It's all lies. Just because you like ponies doesn't make you gay or stupid or immature. I'm sure your a great person, and there's no need to be afraid of being a brony.

Now go out there to Wal-Mart and get that cute little pony toy!

Edited by Pixiesong
  • Brohoof 3

Shoot, I just handed it to cashier like it was nothing odd, I even made some small talk with her. Heck I struck up some video game talk with the guy that rang up my blind bags.

• Brohoof 1

Although I am a female, I sometimes get some strange looks while browsing the pony aisle.

You know what I do? I smile at them. Yes, smile. And they smile right back and forget about the whole thing. :) So a salute to Pinkie Pie from me. But if the cashier asks, so it's for your little cousin, sister, or baby shower. I'm sure they'll believe you. Who knows. Maybe they'll be a brony too. And if your Dad starts making fun of you, or your friends do, don't listen to any of them. It's all lies. Just because you like ponies doesn't make you gay or stupid or immature. I'm sure your a great person, and there's no need to be afraid of being a brony.

Now go out there to Wal-Mart and get that cute little pony toy!

thank you, that really made me feel good ^_^ just like the show does haha see kindness and friendship is magic haha ^_^

Thats it then, tomorrow I am going to walmart and buying a Pony!

• Brohoof 1