Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chickened out on my first day!

RainbowDashBrony

Well if it REALLY bothers you, i would get a black hoodie and some saggy jeans and go buy it. If they ask what it is for just say "I don't question the crap you do so just let me buy it" and if you want to get even farther, get a mask if it bothers you that much and be fast. Or better yet, work out a bunch and get ripped and go buy it. No one well bother you then.

thank you, that really made me feel good ^_^ just like the show does haha see kindness and friendship is magic haha ^_^

Thats it then, tomorrow I am going to walmart and buying a Pony!

Well if it REALLY bothers you, i would get a black hoodie and some saggy jeans and go buy it. If they ask what it is for just say "I don't question the crap you do so just let me buy it" and if you want to get even farther, get a mask if it bothers you that much and be fast. Or better yet, work out a bunch and get ripped and go buy it. No one well bother you then.

Or he could grow out his hair and quit shaving, or maybe that only works for me because I look Irish. I can never tell if that's the case.

Posted Image

Seriously, just march in there, grab the one you want and pay. People really don't care. If they approach you, just give them some witty, quick response like I do!

well I am 6'5 and have a beard xD so I mean I look manly I am just shy I guess, cant really help it sometimes. Tomorrow tho I will use the confidence you guys have giving me to buy my first Pony and it will be the most special one ever!

I'd just balance it out. Wear something EXTREMELY manly. I dunno. Go shirtless and show off abbz. Wear sunglasses. Do something to counter the girlyness you feel.

Or you can just do self check out.

Or give the cashier an evil glare.

• Brohoof 1

I'd just balance it out. Wear something EXTREMELY manly. I dunno. Go shirtless and show off abbz. Wear sunglasses. Do something to counter the girlyness you feel.

Or you can just do self check out.

Or give the cashier an evil glare.

I think I am gonna buy one blind pack and maybe a DvD or something and probably gonna just go in and out no frills just business haha

I think I am gonna buy one blind pack and maybe a DvD or something and probably gonna just go in and out no frills just business haha

Walk in, sunglasses, in a suit, have a suitcase filled with the money.

Show walmart or whatever store it is that you mean BUSINESS.

Buying these toys is serious business.

Walk in, sunglasses, in a suit, have a suitcase filled with the money.

Show walmart or whatever store it is that you mean BUSINESS.

Buying these toys is serious business.

Ponies is serious business haha

I guess I should go to the doctor afterwards, cause ill be a little horse.

*puts on shades* YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hahaha

I didn't have the guts to buy my first pony toy either... I had to get my brother to do it.

Luckily most of the stores where I live have automated checkouts, so we don't have to hand the toy to some clerk thing... we can just scan it ourself :D

Edited by Dxthegod
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't have the guts to buy my first pony toy either... I had to get my brother to do it.

Luckily most of the stores where I live have automated checkouts, so we don't have to hand the toy to some clerk thing... we can just scan it ourself :D

yea we have those too, but they are all way up frint, ithink ill just use the back registers in the lawn and garden center, usually just an old lady working back there, she wont care.

Just say this:

Only replace "ugly" with brony, problem solved?

"I AM A BRONY AND I AM PROUD, I AM A BRONY AND I AM PROUD"

Just say on top of your roof until you're to get your shirt.

• Brohoof 1

Sheesh -- there is always mail order. Ebay, toysrus online, etc. You can then either have it shipped to your home, or even do a inshop pickup if you do something like walmart or target or toysrus.

Screw what the people say.You go storm right in that pink Isle.Like a boss.Not caring what the people around you react.You walk out to the cash register.Pay.Get out,and oh yea.Someone tries to make you feel bad for yourself.Give them..........THE STARE!

post-1762-0-34999700-1346116595.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Order online bro. If you're under 18 or whatever, and afraid to use your parents card/PayPal, just buy an Amazon gift card somewhere then order it. At least that's where I'd get toys, but I'm not really into that, so yeah...

Good luck!

~~

Edited by Regality

I actually went into Walmart the other day for the sole purpose of picking up some blind bags. They're always sold out, though. I actually asked a stock worker to find out when they come in... not that it was easy, working up the courage to do something like that, but it's just like anything else, really. You can be doing something totally bizarre, but no one will question it if you're confident--in fact, if you do it right, you might have people wondering why they aren't doing the same thing. On the other hand, you could be doing something completely normal, but if you look nervous, what you're doing becomes strange once attention is brought to it.

Sometimes confidence is just knowing a bit of brain science, paired with a lot of social fakery. Also, the worker appeared to genuinely not give a second thought as to why a dude was looking for My Little Ponies. :P

Edited by Questio

Heh, I haven't even bought any pony merchandise myself. Hopefully you won't back off again this time. :P

Of course, I still live with my family and I'm not sure if anyone but my brother even knows I like the stuff, so I'd rather keep it a little private. I thought of buying a shirt or something, but there aren't really any big clothes lines in Norway that sell themed stuff like that, and I'm not usually one to buy a lot of clothes so buying it online would be sort of awkward, too.

The first time I bought a pony toy I was scared stiff too, I was sweating bullets when i got up to the cashier, who gave me this 'what?' look, before he saw what I was buying, and then he said "hey don't worry, I watch it too." Crisis Averted!

(it was a blind bag that turned out to be Chrystal Twilight, if you are curious)

Edited by Page Turner
  • Brohoof 1

Courage, that's all it takes. Don't be afraid of what other people think of you, unless you live in a small town you probably won't see those people again. The worst that can happen is someone calls you gay or you're a disgrace to masculinity, and if that happens, you just gotta put on your most smug look, look em' straight in the eye, and say, "you know what, I ain't even mad".

And perhaps you'll have good fortune and the cashier is a Brony/Pegasister.

Well I went to the store to try to buy my first MLP toy, but I just couldnt do it, too embaressed I suppose. I really want at least one tho to keep with me as a special keepsake to cheer me up. anyone have any tips or stories on getting a toy?

Just buy it, who cares what the cashier thinks, you are probably never going to see him/her ever again.

If you have a little sister take her with you to buy the toy.

Personally I do both of these. Recently I've been switching to the former option though.

• 9 years later...