Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ponyville roommates [RP topic]

Starstream

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/30754-ponyville-roommates/

As the sun reached it's peak above the outskirts of Ponyville a yellow pegasus approached his new rental home. He admired the sheer size of the building, it was practically a mansion, and he somehow managed managed to get it for practically no money at all.

He entered the building and rested his suitcases in the hallway, afterwards he picked up a single letter that he noticed on a small table beside the entrance and he started to fly around in the building to check the rooms out.

Mod's Edit: OOC topic link.

Edited by Doggess Arylett

Ice Opal headed toward the new home he was sharing with a few other ponies he had yet to meet. After getting enough money from working as a volunteer at Sugarcube Corner as the Cakes took their foals for a small outing, he had managed to buy somewhere to live, which had been a great moment for him as he finally moved away from his parents. To live there had cost him all his money, but as he looked at the building now, he knew he had spent his money well. He pushed the door open and almost got hit in the head by a pegasus who was exploring the place. He quickly ducked and looked up at a foam colored pegasus with a bright yellow mane. He was the only other pony there, but he had heard that other than him, there would be 6 other ponies. But in case that the other ponies were there and he just didn't see them, he asked, "Are you the only pony here right now?"

Edited by The Opals

Shooting Star had just finished unpacking his bags. He had arrived the place half an hour ago and, by the size of the house, the cheap price was questionable. But Star was more than satisfied, for now he finally had his own place and could live by his own to grow some maturity. He went outside the room he had chosen between the many others and went to check the rest of the house.

By arriving the hallway, Star noticed two other ponies, each with a few luggage. He had no idea he was going to share the house with others. But indeed, the house was too big for a single pony to use. Sharing was ok, but the pale-yellow pegasus was still very surprised. He approached slowly, checking up and down the two random ponies. "Um... Hello. You guys, uh... gonna stay here as well?"

Starstream glasses dropped slightly when he noticed the two other ponies. He blankly stared at the pony who looked as surprised as himself and then turned to the white unicorn.

"No... Apparently I'm not the only pony here..." He pushed his glasses back into place and gently bit on his hoof and kept looking from the one pony to the other and back.

Marisa had spent all day getting ready to move into the new apartment, for some reason she felt like she wasn't going to be alone, as in more than two other ponies, she was in sight of the house but was feeling a bit iffy about approaching it.

She carefully trotted over to it and peeked inside the wide open door from a distance, she noticed a few other ponies and smiled, she happily walked into the house and waved at the other 3 ponies, "Hey! Glad to know i'll be sharing the house with a few other ponies, the place is huge! Nice to meet you guys though, I'm Written Word, but most ponies just call me Marisa"

Kalypso trotted up to the doors of the house he had just rented for a some bits which was absolutely huge for the amount he had paid, but when he opened the doors he realized why it was so cheap. There were other ponies staying there, four to be exact and there maybe even more! "Oh so you guys are staying here too that would explain the price. By the way my name is Kalypso glad to met you stallions."

Ice Opal looked at the confused to ponies and asked, "Am I the only pony here who knew there would be others here?" He turned as another pony entered the home. She introduced herself as Written Work. "At least somepony else knew," he muttered, before continuing, "Hello Written Word, my name is Ice Opal." He turned to the fifth pony who had just entered. "Amazing, how many ponies can enter a house in the space of 10 minutes."

Edited by The Opals

"Woah, heh... This place is getting crowdy, eh?" Star mumbled. He couldn't hide, he was expecting to live by himself for once. He thought it would be fine to share such a huge house with one or two more ponies, but apparently he was receiving more new roomates than he wished for.

Shooting Star didn't wanted to be rude. He just needed a time to get along with the others, and then he could still live quietly in his own room. "Well... I'm Shooting Star, pleased to meet you guys. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting you guys at all. But it will be fun to have more ponies around! I guess..." He looked away for a second. "Anyway, I've already picked my room upstairs, and there are plenty others. I can show you where they're at."

(edited)

As the fourth fifth ponies entered the room, Nimbus realized what was going on. He stopped flying and muttered to himself. "Of course! There was a catch! There's always a catch! How did I not realize that?"

He took a seat on his suitcase and threw the letter he picked up earlier beside him...

'The letter...' He opened the letter and started to read it.

To the whippersnappers renting this 'grande maison',

For many months now I've been trying to get somepony to buy or rent his place, but as it turns out the price was a bit out of range for most. So instead I decided to rent it out to you youngsters for smaller fees per head, (brilliant is it not?). I have left some introductory beverages for the lot of you in the kitchen.

I hope you have a pleasant stay,

Moneybags Galore.

P.S. I apologize to those who were not fully informed before coming here, but time constraints meant I had to keep things to the point.

Edited by Zhinzo

"Yea did everypony just get here in the past ten minutes there are 24 hours in the day what a coincidence, but yea sure Shooting Star i would love a look around the place and if you could show me to the rooms that would be great because i need to put my stuff away."

Ice Opal stared at the letter as the pony read it, but he didn't understand why he had been told and nopony else had. He stared at the confused and disgusted faces of every pony. What a terrible pony Moneybags Galore, only doing things for profit. But what business men didn't do this.

"Oh no thats fine, i think i can find my own way around, thanks for offering though!" she smiled as wide as she could and trotted off, she didn't care to live with other ponies as long as it was a place to live.

First she headed upstairs to pick a room, there were probably enough rooms for everypony, but what if more showed up? Would they have to share a room with another pony? That would be interesting she thought, but it would also mean slightly less privacy, not like she had anything to hide anyway.

Star quickly flew over and took a peek at the letter that the white pegasus stallion had just pulled out. "Oh, that explains everything!" He sighed and let out a small sarcastic laugh. "What a dirty little trick. Mr. Galore..." Star thought for a second. Now that everything was clear, he could refresh his mind and inspect the situation better. "Well, looks like we're sharing the place! We all paid a small portion of the full price, so I believe staying here together would be the best thing to do." Star looked at the other ponies around him. "But, um... Dice Copal, is it?" He turned to the white unicorn. "How did you knew we would be living together in this place all along?"

(edited)

Nimbus sighed and rested the letter beside him again.

"Welp, my name is Nimbus, Nimbus Starstream," he said. "And I think I'm going to get one of those "introductory beverages"," he added with a mocking tone in his voice. He started to walk towards the kitchen. "Anypony coming with me?"

Edited by Zhinzo

Quilluison walked though ponyvile, a suitcase floating within her magic a few feet in front of her. She had finally found a rather large place for her to stay. And it was pretty cheap to. She spotted the mansion and started to trot up to it, amazed at it's beauty. She took a few minutes to look around outside, before opening the door and walking in, where she dropped her bag in surprise that there were other pony's here. "Um, who are all you ponies?" She asked the group in general.

"It's Ice Opal," he corrected, and continued, "I didn't mind sharing with other ponies in the first place, and our good friend Mr. Galore must have known that, so he didn't see it as a problem to tell me." He headed up the stairs and placed his luggage in one of the rooms, one with simple white walls and a rather fancy bed, and he headed back downstairs. His thirst guided him to the drinks that Moneybags had left them. He would have enjoyed the drink if Moneybags hadn't placed it there for a rude reason.

Shooting Star nodded, accepting the fact that Galore had spoken to Ice Opal about this "small" detail. He soon noticed the newcomer standing at the door. "Well... Welcome to our new house!" He pulled out another sarcastic, uncomfortable smile. Star picked up the letter that Nimbus had just put away and handed it over for the purple unicorn mare to read. "Basically, the owner of this place forgot to mention that we all would share the place by each paying small portions of the full price. So... Make yourself at home!" He sighed, as he headed to the kitchen looking for the promised drinks.

Nimbus took one of the drinks. He carefully examined Ice Opal from a short distance. Something about him looked slightly feminine, but then again, Opal also looked fairly masculine.

"Ehm... Opal right?" Nimbus hesitantly asked. "Say, you're a colt, right?" He nervously wiped his glasses as he asked the question.

"Hi there i'm Kalypso and we are your new room mates, as you can see this house is very large and the add in the paper was for a very low price which none of us could resist but the thing is Mr.Moneybags didn't bother to tell us that we would be sharing the place which is fine with me and i assume it's fine with the rest of you stallions because you havn't stormed off screaming, but im glad to meet you."

Edited by Kalypso

"Wait sharing. Where the sharing the house." She read over the letter, a frown appearing on her face. "Of course, that is why I could find this house for so low. Whatever, where are the rooms, might as well go clame one." She said, looking over the ponys present. She really did not want to share a house, but she had no choice.

Marisa picked her room and put everything away in a short amount of time, she sighed and jumped onto the bed, it was softer than she imagined, the house was very nice and well kept, she was feeling a tad bit thirsty so she headed downstairs.

She grabbed one of the drinks and quickly popped off the cap and took a swig, her eyes went wide and she shook her head a little bit, "Wow thats a bit... uh... strong..." she put the drink down, she wasn't used to drinks quite like that.

"by the way i'm quite forgetful could y'all tell me your names again before i go put my stuff away i don't want to make anyone mad by forgetting you names because i would feel like an idiot if i did." pointing to Opal he said "your Opal? and you'r Nimbus, right?"

Edited by Kalypso

Before reaching the kitchen, Shooting Star turned back, remembering about the tour he had offered earlier. "Oh yes! The rooms! Sorry mate, I forgot about it for a second." He started walking upstairs. He turned around and looked at the purple unicorn. "You can follow me as well, I'll show you the rooms." Star began ascending the staircase, expecting whoever to follow him. "By the way, my name's Shooting Star. Nice to meet ya all."

"Y-you know what Opal, forget that I asked that, please."

Nimbus walked up to Kalypso and nodded. "Yes, and I think I should also go to pack away my stuff." He hesitated for a second. "I- I don't think I caught your name though," he said as he grabbed his suitcases in the hallway.

Quillusion picked up her suitcase and started to follow Shooting Star up the stairs. "The name's Quillusion." She said, smiling. the least thing she could do was fake being happy. "So did you know we would all be roomates, and are there enough rooms or will some ponies be sharing?" She asked.