• I'm an excellent sleeper
    • I'm an average sleeper
    • I'm a terrible sleeper
    • I'm an insomniac
  2. 2. Do you like sleeping?

• Yes, I like sleeping
    • I'm neutral towards it
    • I don't like sleeping

Are you a good sleeper? The reason I'm asking is because I'm a horrid sleeper.

When I go to bed I'm usually lying there for 1 to 1 and a half hours before I fall asleep and then I'm woken up extremely easily. I usually sleep in 1 to 2 hour intervals because I'm woken up so much.

Not only that but I really don't like sleeping. Since I was little I've been prone to nightmares and if some noise doesn't wake me up, a nightmare does.

It's not the I'm an insomniac. I've had a good sleep before just it's very rare so I guess my answer to the poll would be I'm a terrible sleeper and that I don't like sleeping at all.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Like A Boss
  • Brohoof 1

Like you its may take a while for me to sleep, ofcoursen ot an hour and a half but about an hour most. But once i fall alseep, thats it. U can't get me awake! :lol: I've slept through several thunderstorms, louds sounds, my dog, basically anything. I am a very heavy sleeper. The only time u can wake me up is if its been several hours.

• Brohoof 1

Terrible. Absolutely terrible. I have no sleep rhythm what so ever. It takes hours for me to fall asleep, and things like drinking warm milk and all don't work either. I don't even like milk.

Still, I somehow have enough energy everyday to make it through school, do homework, watch ponies, lurk the forums, etc.

Plus, I'm indifferent to sleeping anyway. I rarely dream, and when I do, they always end before the conclusion or it just ends as a nightmare. And not even one of them contained ponies.

I dislike sleeping, because it takes me so fricken long to get to sleep. I just lay in bed and just let time pass by until at that magic moment I can get to sleep...

I'm great sleeper. I love sleeping, really. I can fall asleep whenever and wherever I want. I sleep at least 8 hour per day, sometimes its even 12-13 hours(not often, though). besides night sleeping I often take a nap in the afternoon.

My cutie mark would be a bed!

Terrible, It takes me about an hour of just laying in my bed for me to fall asleep. And I'm also prone to waking up at the smallest sound.

The only time I usually fall asleep is when It's 3 AM. Then I'm knocked out cold for about 7 hours...

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I can go to bed and fall asleep fairly quickly if I set my mind to it and I love doing that, but the problem is that the moment I become distracted I am not going to be able to for a long time. And to make things worse I really dislike not having anything to do, so whenever I am trying to sleep in a long period of time, but can't do it I tend to start up my laptop and browse the internet. Or I start to write/think more lore for my fantasy universe which almost always ends with it taking up hours of time I can't really afford to use for anything but sleeping.

the only problem i have with sleeping is the fact that no matter what time i go to sleep, i'll always wake up a 7 pm fully refreshed so i can't go back to sleep well im guessing this go's the fact i was working and now i'm unemployed i'm still adjusted to the sleep pattern

I used to have the same problems as you, trying for about an hour to fall asleep, but when I fell asleep I slept well. But now I can fall asleep very quickly. It actually was a long time ago since I had to try more than 10 minutes to fall asleep. Usually I just have to try for about 1-2 minutes now.

I put average in terms of sleeping, and neutral in terms of how I like it.

When it comes to like, hours, I do 6, 7 at a push. So I always wake up early, which can be a bit frustrating at times. I'm not overly bothered when it comes to getting up or going to bed. When I'm tired I look forward to it, otherwise it's just, eh whatever?

I am a professional sleeper and dreamer. I've won 2 silver medals in the nationals, right behind Snorlax, who got gold.

I absolutely hate sleeping. I must stay up. I must be doing something productive. I am a workaholic. Too big of a workaholic. Which is why I joined this site, to try and make me do something not pointless, while not work-like. I would rather hang upside down from a piece of indestructible string for 3 years straight than sleep.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a terrible sleeper. It usually takes me anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to fall asleep.

I love to sleep though.

It also takes me anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to get up in the morning. (Unless I realize I'm late for something)

I could probably sleep for 12-13 hours if I had the time to do so. But unfortunately, most of my nights are about 6 to 8 hours long.

• Brohoof 2

I'm weird. I power-sleep. I get like 5 hours of sleep and then I'm up and about, super active, all day, and I'm fine. I sleep really heavily for that small period of time, though, it's nearly impossible to wake me up. I have stories about people who have tried, LOL.

Sometimes, I just don't want to sleep. And other times, I really just want to curl up under my blankets and take a nice nap.

I will say that sometimes I'll lay in bed for like, three hours before I canfall asleep. I have to actually be tired to sleep.

It takes me about 30 minutes to fall asleep normally and then I sleep my 8 hours. I don't normally wake up during the night, the exceptions being: pain, usually cramps, and suspicious sound. I hear everything in my sleep, it doesn't wake me up though, it's just used in my dream. The only exceptions to this being the suspicious sounds like I said. Most of the time it's when my dog or my cat is going to puke in my chamber :blink: . Yeah, I know, that's disgusting, but at least it prevents them to puke on something difficult to clean like my bed or my carpet. I love sleeping because my dreams are usually amazing. It's my favorite part of the day so no way I'm cutting my sleep, dreams are too awesome. It's the only way my school can really be awesome.

I only like to sleep when i have to get out of bed...(Ironic isn't it?)

Though im a average sleeper, takes about 20 - 30 mins to fall asleep, unless im super tired than about 10 mins.

I am usually a light sleeper, so if i hear the air kick on or something fell off the bed i usually will wake up from it. (Though idk if this is my mind's way of making a joke, but i don't wake up if fire alarms go off, and i learned that the hard way )

Edited by Retro_Derpy

It takes me about 30 minutes to fall asleep normally and then I sleep my 8 hours. I don't normally wake up during the night, the exceptions being: pain, usually cramps, and suspicious sound. I hear everything in my sleep, it doesn't wake me up though, it's just used in my dream. The only exceptions to this being the suspicious sounds like I said. Most of the time it's when my dog or my cat is going to puke in my chamber :blink: . Yeah, I know, that's disgusting, but at least it prevents them to puke on something difficult to clean like my bed or my carpet. I love sleeping because my dreams are usually amazing. It's my favorite part of the day so no way I'm cutting my sleep, dreams are too awesome. It's the only way my school can really be awesome.

A lot of that is normal, so if it concerns or baffles you, I wouldn't worry. It should take you at least 15 minutes to actually fall asleep, or you are more than likely not getting enough sleep regularly. 30 minutes is just a bit over what the average probably is, but it's nothing bad. And a lot of sounds that go on around you are often incorporated into your dreams! I don't usually remember that kind of thing myself. At least you seem to be sleeping healthily!

• Brohoof 1

A lot of that is normal, so if it concerns or baffles you, I wouldn't worry. It should take you at least 15 minutes to actually fall asleep, or you are more than likely not getting enough sleep regularly. 30 minutes is just a bit over what the average probably is, but it's nothing bad. And a lot of sounds that go on around you are often incorporated into your dreams! I don't usually remember that kind of thing myself. At least you seem to be sleeping healthily!

I wasn't worried about it but that's nice to know that I really am average :) . For dreams, I normally try to remember them so that's why I remember so many dreams. I heard in my french class though that it's impossible to remember dreams that occurred during the middle of the night except if you actually woke up during them since you memory part of the brain is not activated, preventing you to access to it.

I wasn't worried about it but that's nice to know that I really am average :) . For dreams, I normally try to remember them so that's why I remember so many dreams. I heard in my french class though that it's impossible to remember dreams that occurred during the middle of the night except if you actually woke up during them since you memory part of the brain is not activated, preventing you to access to it.

I didn't think you were concerned, but the information's up for others who may be wondering now, at least. Personally I never really attempt to remember my dreams. Some, I remember extremely clearly, and they're usually very bizzare; and I only remember bits and pieces of some.

Considering it is normal for someone to wake up in the middle of the night (avg. of at least 4 times? I don't remember) with absolutely no recollection of ever having done so, that's not a bad theory.

• Brohoof 1

An hour of sleep is what I need, but I often, being unemployed, sleep five to six. Its not a matter of choice usually. I sleep when I need it. Its a thing I assume I will grow out of it by the time I'm thirty

I'm a terrible sleeper. It usually takes me anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to fall asleep.

I love to sleep though.

It also takes me anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to get up in the morning. (Unless I realize I'm late for something)

I could probably sleep for 12-13 hours if I had the time to do so. But unfortunately, most of my nights are about 6 to 8 hours long.

Basically everything Marshmallow said, except for what I crossed out. I like sleeping but I'm no good at falling to sleep. :P

IT'S NOT AS EASY AS IT SOUNDS.

DON'T JUDGE ME.

• Brohoof 1

I like sleeping but I'm bad at it. Not even reading helps, I guess it's because I'm a naturally sensitive and stressed person. My parents allow me to take OTC sleep aids if it gets bad, but I try not to take them because bleh, pills.

• Brohoof 1

This thread is relevant to my interests. B)

But nah, I appreciate a good night's sleep, because my schedule doesn't always allow for it. More often than not, I have to pick between:

1. Staying up for 30 hours, then sleeping for 10, so I can be rested for my next work shift, or...

2. Be awake for 20 hours, sleep for 4-5, awake for 10, then try to sleep the last 5-6 to be ready for the next work day

Both options suck (I swear this shit is taking years off of my life), so when I do get the chance to sleep in my own bed on a normal human schedule, it's simple yet amazing.

I really can't calm down when it gets really dark at night time. Most of the time I would cover myself with a blanket securely with a teddy bear just because I get pretty scared. I keep being frightened while sleeping and I sometimes yell for my parents, but they are sound asleep. I always seem to look at my closet or check underneath my desk for anything suspicious, though noise keeps me awake all night.

Edited by Octavinyl